Prolawctor Daily News Update
Contents of Article
The Gauhati HC dismissed the petition seeking review of its order which stated that wife’s refusal to wear “sakha and sindoor” amounts to her refusal to non-acceptance of her marriage
The Court has previously held in June this year that if a lady is governed by the Hindu rituals and customs and her marriage comes under the ambit of Hindu Marriage, then her refusal to wear “sakha and sindoor” will depict that either she is unmarried or has not accepted her marriage and that her marriage with her husband has “irrevocably broken”.
A petition was filed regarding the same challenging the Court’s previous order in this view. The Court has dismissed the appeal to review its order regarding the wearing of sakha and sindoor by a Hindu wife.
The Rajasthan HC held that the migrants are not entitled to reservation in the on-going Panchayat elections in Rajasthan
The Rajasthan HC held that the people, who have admittedly migrated from other states to Rajasthan on their marriage, would not be allowed to participate in the on-going Panchayat Elections by seeking the benefit of reservation.
The Court further observed that if migrants are allowed benefit of reservation in elections then it would not only amount to the frustration of Articles 341 and 342 of the Constitution of India but would also violate the SC’s verdict in the case of Bir Singh v. Delhi Jal Board [(2018) 10 SCC 312].
The Bombay HC has stayed the implementation of the State Government’s notification fixing maximum rates of treatment for Non-COVID patients
The Bombay HC has for the time being stayed the operation of the State Government’s notification according to which the maximum treatment rates charged are fixed for the Non-COVID patients in the private hospitals.
The Kerala HC while interpreting the scope of Section 23(1) of the Maintenance & Welfare of Parents & Senior Citizens Act, 2007; held that “it would be unsafe to look at religious texts or philosophical treatises”
The Kerala HC Bench held while deciding upon the scope and extent of Section 23(1) of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007; that:
“We are of the opinion that in deciding the scope of Section 23(1), it would be unsafe to look at religious texts or philosophical treatises.”
The Gujarat HC directed the SP, Valsad to escort the Inter-Caste Couple till Prayagraj, UP
The Division Bench of Justice Sonia Gokani and Justice N.V. Anjaria observed;
“It is although not an issue, which needs to be dealt with by this Court, suffice to note that the issue of caste looms large over the human relationship with strong biases and conditioning.”
The Court in this context further ordered the SP, Valsad to make necessary arrangements in order to escort the Inter-Caste Couple till they reach Prayagraj, UP.
The Madras HC has released a notice regarding the improvement of the RTI regime to hear cases related to the pandemic
The PIL seeks for the immediate constitution of a “COVID-19 Special Bench” in both the Central and State Information Commission to hear and decide the cases related to the pandemic within 15 days.
It further seeks for the creation of a separate online RTI lodging portal which will specifically concern the RTIs of “life and liberty”.
It also seeks for fixing time-frame for disposal of cases in Commissions in addition to the cases pertaining to “life and liberty”.
Delhi Court dismissed the bail plea of the accused Shivinder Mohan Singh u/s 439 of Cr.P.C.
The Ld. District & Sessions Judge, South East dismissed the bail application of Shivinder Mohan Singh who was accused under Section 439 of Cr.P.C. after taking into account the gravity and seriousness of the allegations levied upon the accused with the possibility of the accused influencing the witnesses and tampering the evidences.
The Orissa HC heard the suo motu writ petition regarding Special Courts for MPs/MLAs
The action comes in relation to the order dated 16.09.2020 passed by the SC in Writ Petition (Civil) No.699 of 2016 (Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay v. Union of India & Ors.) where the SC asked the Chief Justices of the HCs to make an appropriate action plan for the immediate disposal of pending criminal cases against the MPs and the MLAs.
Knife Attack in Paris: 7 Detained
- The government is considering this as an act of Islamic terrorism
- The main suspect who was arrested near the scene was identified as a Pakistani origin 18-year-old man
- Two journalists were stabbed in Paris near Charlie Hebdo’s former office
- It is being treated as a terrorist attack
Amy Coney Barret to Be Nominated by Trump
- She will replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- The White House has confirmed its decision to the US media on 26 September
NASA Astronaut to Cast her Vote from Space Station
- Kate Rubins disclosed to the press that she is planning to cast her vote in 2020 Presidential Election from space
- Rubins is currently in Russia preparing for a mid-October launch and six months stay in international space station with two cosmonauts
Protest Against COVID-19 Restrictions in London
- Thousands of people gathered at London’s Trafalgar square and protested against the restrictions imposed by government to slow the spread of COVID-19
- As the government as imposed new restrictions without parliamentary approval it outraged the people
Militia kills at the minimum 15 people
- An armed militia killed at least 15 people before sunrise
- The attack took place in western Ethiopia
- Similar incident took place in the same Metakal zone of Ethiopia’s Benishangul-Gumuz region; 30 people died.
Lebanese Prime Minister designate resigns
- Mustapha Adib, Former Ambassador to Germany, resigns over a political impasse on Government formation.
- He was appointed to the job one month ago.
Ukraine plane carrying aviation student crashes
- Twenty-six people died in Military Plane crash, Ukraine
- The plane was schlepping 20 cadets and 7 officers from Kharkiv Air Force University.
- It was the training flight.
- Only one person survived the crash.
Minister Fuad Hussein visits Iran
- Iraqi Foreign Minister, Fuad Hussein visits Iran to meet Iran’s Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif and President Hassan Rouhani.
- The meet is for bilateral Talks.
- It was the first visit to the Iranian Capital, Tehran.
The owner of large oil tanker to pay $2.3M
- The owner of ship which caught fire agreed to pay $2.3Million for Sri Lankan help.
- MT New Diamond was fetching 2 million barrels of crude oil, damaged by two fires.
NATIONAL NEWS –
Children should sent to their families form Child care – NCPCR instructs 8 states
- The supreme body of the child right NCPCR orders eight states to send the children back to the families from child care.
- Over 70 percent of children are accounted in children. The body said that it is necessary for them to grow with family.
- The eight states include Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
- The total amount counts 1.84 lakh which the seventy two percent of 2.56 lakh.
Dr Harsha Vardhan says, CSIR contributed more research fighting COVID – 19
- The minister of Science and Technology, Dr Harsha Vardhan says, the research committee has contributed more than it has to.
- On the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)’s 79th foundation, the minister said that the committee has worked more than its compulsory limit in this fight against corno virus.
- All the supplies has been given to the medical assistance and the more than 13 lakh tests per day and 10 lakh test kits also manufactured.
IAS officer will be inquired on allegations about irregularities – Uttarakhand CM
- The state minister of Women Welfare and Child Development, Rekha Arya made a complaint saying that her secretary was missing and not answering her calls.
- She said that he may be kidnapped. But the IAS officer was found to be in his home.
- Responding to the complaint and allegations made, the enquiry was ordered on the officer by the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
Election in 3 phases to be held of Bihar Assembly
- From Oct 28, Bihar Assembly election will be held in 3 phases, said the Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora.
- On 10th Nov. Counting will take place for 243 members of Bihar Assembly polls.
$300 million loan approved by Asian Development Bank to develop Rajasthan’s towns
2,200 crore loan is to finance for water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary towns of Rajasthan to build citywide access for improved water supply service for about 5.7 lakh people.
To revive tourism sector Assam Government to provide loan to entrepreneurs
- Under the ‘ Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme’
- Loans between 1 lakh to 20 lakh will be extended to interested local youth.
- This will help them in taking new initiatives so that tourism sector will get a fresh lease of life.
- For a period of 5 years advances will be provided.
National Medical Commission is now new regulatory authority, Medical Council of India dissolved
- Instead of Medical Council of India (MCI) now it will be (NMC) National Medical Commission.
- It has been done for development and regulations of all aspects of medical education and profession.
- It has been constituted by Dr.Suresh Chandra Sharma and he has been appointed as President for a period of 3 years.
- NMC will have 10 ex- offico, a chairman and 22 part – time members.
DC defeated chennai super kings
Delhi capitals form continued in the match against chennai super kings. Delhi capitals managed to score 175 runs in 20 overs. Prithvi Shaw was a standout in the batting while Pant improvised in the last overs.
Chennai super kings batting was not up to the mark except for the Du plessis who scored 43 runs. Watson got some good starts but again failed to convert it into a big score.
Neetu David, head of women’s selection panel
BCCI announced Neetu David as women’s selection head. Previous head of women’s selection was Hemlata Kala whose four years term ended in March. Neetu David was 9ne of the finest women cricketers of the 90s and 2000s.
Manchester United win after 100th minute penalty
Manchester United registered their first win after the 100th minute penalty goal. It was awarded after the final whistle down in a VAR review. Bruno Fernandes scored the penalty and man. United managed to win over Brighton by 3-2.
PV Sindhu, not to play in the Denmark Open
- PV Sindhu has pulled out of Denmark open reportedly according to the sources in Gopichand academy.
- It was scheduled to be held between October 13 to 18.
Anil Ambani London law suit update
- Former billionaire Anil Ambani rejected a judge’s comment that he lived a “lavish lifestyle” as he faced questions about his assets from lawyers acting for a trio of Chinese banks.
- Ambani was giving evidence via videolink for the first time from Mumbai, in a English lawsuit over a dispute stemming from a defaulted loan.
- The tycoon, who has previously said his net worth is “zero,” was questioned about his spending and his finances, including more than $100 million in family loans.
- Three state-controlled Chinese banks have pursued Ambani for more than $700 million in a London court, arguing that they provided funding to his Reliance Communications Ltd. in 2012 with the condition that he personally guarantee the debt.
- After winning a ruling requiring Ambani to make the payments, the banks have not yet received any payment.
RBI – Bond market face on cost of government debt
- For the fourth consecutive time, the Reserve Bank of India—debt manager to the Government of India—failed to pull off an auction of benchmark 10-year bonds.
- At the latest auction on Friday, Rs 30,000 crore in government bonds was on auction. Of this, Rs 18,000 crore was in 10-year bonds (5.77% GS 2030). Only Rs 136 crore was sold at a yield of close to 6%, which is where the benchmark has hovered for some time now.
- The rest of the Rs 17,864 crore devolved on primary dealers. The shorter tenor 2022 bond was also not fully subscribed at this auction, although the longer tenor 2060 bond was.