Prolawctor Daily News Update
Contents of Article
Owing to rise of COVID-19 cases and deaths in Gwalior district, the MP HC directed that if the authorities fail to prevent gatherings, the Court itself might have to step in to do something
Pertaining to spike in the number of cases of coronavirus and increased death rates due to the pandemic in the district of Gwalior, the Madhya Pradesh HC observed that:
“In such a situation if the Executive Authorities do not prevent the congregation of a large number of people in violation of restrictions laid down by the Central Government, State Government and the District Magistrate then this Court may have to step in to do something which the Executive Authorities of the State failed to do.”
The Uttarakhand HC held that for fair elections, such activities should be prevented which may disrupt the social peace and create tension and violence in the society
The Uttarakhand HC held that:
“For fair and peaceful election, during the election campaign, party or candidate should not indulge in any activity which may create mutual hatred or cause tension between different classes of the citizens of India on the ground of religion, race, caste, community or language.”
The Bench of Justice Alok Kumar Verma further observed; “It is the fundamental duty of every citizen to promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood and fraternity amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities.”
The Delhi HC held that a retired Director of a Company cannot be held responsible for the day-to-day affairs of the Company as mentioned under Section 141 of NI Act
The Delhi HC ruled that the retired Director of a Company cannot be proceeded against the responsibility of such retired Director of the daily affairs of the Company, in furtherance of which the Court observed that such person cannot be said to be “in-charge of and responsible for the conduct of the day-to-day affairs of the Company, as contemplated in Section 141 of NI Act for being proceeded against”.
The Court further held that such a person after his resignation will not continue to be responsible for the actions of the Company including the issuance of cheques and dishonor of the same which then attracts proceedings under Section 138 of the NI Act against him.
Owing to misuse of the Karnataka HC’s order by the State Government, the Court has revoked its previous order
Observing the breach of the order of the Karnataka HC which allowed the State Government to display hoardings to spread awareness among public on steps for preventing spread of COVID-19, the Court recalled and revoked its order.
It further directed the inquiry into the conduct of Director of Health Department who allowed private entities to put up the hoardings which were advertisements pertaining to the breach of the Court’s order. The advertisement tax amount would be recovered from the private parties and further be paid to the BBMP by the State Government.
The MP HC Chief Justice inaugurated 3 Mediation Centres in Barwani district
The three Mediation Centres are located at the outlying stations of Barwani District which are Anjad, Rajpur and Khetiya. Now, the State of Madhya Pradesh has 43 functional District Courts and Mediation Centres in 42 Tehsil Courts.
With the coming up of these 3 Mediation Centres, the MP HC seeks to promote speedy dispute resolution and therefore help in the reduction of pending cases.
The Manipur HC released a notification regarding the closure of some parts of the Court premises for sanitization purpose
In addition to the release of the notification owing to the closure of Court premises, the Advocates and litigants have also been advised to avoid entering the premises till Monday (5th October), 2020.
The action comes in furtherance to avoid and contain the spread of COVID-19 in the Court premises.
The Calcutta HC Covid Committee has decided to increase the workload :
The respected authority has mentioned that the workload should be further increased from Monday (28th September), 2020. All the pending cases filed during the pandemic which have not been disposed yet will be appearing before the relevant Benches.
The Karnataka HC has quashed a criminal case against a website designer accused of developing a website for prostitution
The Court quashed the criminal case which alleged a 31-year-old website designer of creating a website used for soliciting customers for prostitution.
The case registered against him were for the offences punishable under Sections4, 5 and 7 of the Immoral Traffic Prevention Act, Sections 370, 370A (2), 292 of Indian Penal Code, 67 of Information Technology Act and Section 14 of Foreigners Act.
PM address the farm bill in ‘Maan ki Baat’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighted the farm bills passed in the monsoon session as the people’s inner feelings by the term ‘Maan ki Baat’
- He said that the bill unlocks all the restrictions in the Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) and farmers to do their trade as they wish.
- This will entirely profits all the farmers and benefit them in every aspect, says PM Modi.
- He also added that the farmers are the primary aspects of “Atmanirbhar Bharat” which is the self-sufficient India.
Jaswant Singh, The ex-union minister perished in a storm
- The former union minister, Jaswant Singh died on Sunday due to long term illness
- He was a close associate to the ex-Prime Minister Vajpayee
- He is also a former army officer, he was ill since 2014.
- PM Modi pays his respect saying that he served the nation as a soldier and continued to serve in politics also.
The government’s failure on passing codes on pharma firms was criticized
- The doctors have expressed their regret and gratification on the failure of not making the pharma bills mandatory.
- The Alliance of Doctors for Ethical Health Care (ADEH) said that the government has not concerned with the Uniform Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices (UCPMP).
- They say that this code should be made compulsory to bring clearness in the pharmacy trade practices and make industrial to follow the code without failure
Devendra Fadnavis express that they no aim in collaboration with Shiv Sena
- The ex-chief minister of Maharashtra express his view of not collaborating with the Shiv Sena.
- He said that the BJP party has no aim to join them or let their party down.
- He also added that the state is not happy with the activities of the Shiv Sena party in their government.
Relaxations expected in ‘Unlock 5’ for October
- Union Home Ministry to come up with fresh guidelines for October that will hold significance as the festive season will begin. Also, it was said earlier that more relaxations will be allowed in areas outside containment zones.
- While some public places are allowed to open up with restrictions, on the other hand cinema halls, swimming pools & entertainment parks are still not allowed and only open-air theatres had been allowed to kick start operations from 21st September.
- West Bengal is the first state to allow cinema halls to open from 1st October with a limited no. of people.
- Earlier it was claimed that Ministry of Home Affairs ordered reopening of theatres from 1st October with strict regulations. But later, Press Information Bureau (PIB) fact check has debunked the reports and told it as fake news.
BJP MP Tejasvi Surya claimed Bengaluru became an epicentre of terror activities
- It is claimed by BJP MP Tejasvi Surya that Bengaluru became an epicenter of terror activities & said that he requested Amit Shah for setting up a permanent division of NIA in the city.
- This also have been said by him that it is matter of concern of NIA investigations into DJ Halli & KG Halli mob violence in August had indicated that many terrorist organizations have been using Bengaluru as their incubation Centre for carrying out anti-India activities .
- He also said that he feels that strongest leaders come from weakest sections of the society & wants to make it ensure that BJYM will be the platform for them.
Outlet in SPG complex opened by Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- Within the premises of SPG residential complex at Dwarka in Delhi,KVIC inaugurated a new Khadi India Sales outlet.
- Nearly 4,000 families will be benefited by it.
- SPG is the agency that is responsible for the security of Prime Minister.
For promoting Buddhist ties India extends $15 million dollars assistance to Sri Lanka
- PM Modi has announced that grant assistance of $15 Million to Sri Lanka that will help in promoting Buddhist ties between Sri Lanka and India.
- India & Sri Lanka have also extended the MoU on High Impact community Development of a 5 year.
Central Motor vehicle rules allowing electronic enforcement amended by Govt.
- Ministry of road transport and highways has notified amendments in the central motor vehicle rules.
- It will allow the implementation of electronic enforcement, maintenance of vehicular documents & E- Challan through a portal.
- This will help in better monitoring and enforcement.
- From Oct 1, 2020 the amendments will come into effect.
Destination North East-2020 inaugurated by Union Home Minister by a virtual medium.
- It is organised by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region Annually
- The purpose of the event is to celebrate and showcase the culture of the north East region of India.
- This will help in strengthening national integration.
Islamist militants kill 18 in the attack
- 10 Police Officers, 4 Soldiers and 4 Civilians were killed in the ambush.
- The target was Borno State.
- The Islamic State claims 30 people killed by them and agrees their hand behind the attack.
Roma protest against police brutality
- The protesters marched peacefully to the southern city’s main police station in Bitola.
- The protest was against police brutality in North Macedonia
- The protesters threw slogans “ no justice, no peace” and “ justice for Roma”.
Last engaged in war Sikhs, Hindus leave Afghanistan
- Islamic state of Iraq and Syria threatens the Sikhs, Hindus
- The community leaves the birth place in fear of terror.
- Only 700 left.
Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein dissolved Parliament
- Jordan’s King, Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein dissolved the Parliament.
- According to the constitution, the government must resign in a week clearing the way for elections to be in the month of November.
Yemen’s warring sides agrees for prisoner swap
- Yemen Government and Houthis agrees for exchange of prisoners.
- More than thousand prisoners to be swapped.
- This is part of trust-building step aiming peace.
16 People Died in Beijing due to Carbon Monoxide
- 16 people died in Beijing China in a coal mine due to excessively high levels of carbon monoxide
- 17 people were trapped in the wine
- Carbon Monoxide displaces oxygen from blood due to which is very harmful when breathed
13 People Died After Bus Caught Fire in Pakistan
- There were 22 passengers in the bus
- Five survivors were in critical condition
- The bus going to Hyderabad from Karachi
- Bus caught fire near Nooriabad area
Conflicts Between Armenian and Azerbaijan Arose out
- The conflicts are over disputed region Nagorno-Karabakh
- Fight has been erupted between both the countries and death of civilians are reported by both the sides
First Head-to-Head Presidential Debate Between Trump and Biden
- Before first presidential debate Trump has demanded Joe Biden to take drug test
- Fox News reporter Chris Wallace will work as a moderator. The debate will be held at Case Western University
Finance minister provides capital support in third quarter
Finance minister is going to provide capital support from Rs 20,000 crore fund, which was given to some public sector banks in the third quarter.
Change in price of diesel
- According to Indian Oil Corporation, the diesel price cut off by 13-14 paisa in metros.
- The price of diesel was lowered to 70.80 from 70.94 per litre.
- But that price of petrol was left unchanged.
The shareholders of Lakshmi Vilas Bank voted against the reappointment of seven directors to its board
- The shareholders of Lakshmi Vilas Bank voted against the reappointment of seven directors to its board
- The voting was carried out via videoconferencing at the bank’s annual general meeting (AGM) on September 25.
KKR defeated sunrisers Hyderabad:
- Kolkata knight riders yesterday defeated timid sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Shubhman Gill and Eoin Morgan provided the batting stability and guided the knight riders to the first win of this IPL.
Sunil Gavaskar clarifies:
- Sunil Gavaskar has clarified that he had not made any sexist remarks against Anushka Sharma.
- He had not said any sexist thing in the commentary, the actress misunderstood his remarks and he never had that intention of undermining her dignity.
100 la liga wins for zidane:
- Football club Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane completed 100 wins as a manager.
- He achieved this milestone in 147 matches. He is the second coach for the club to win the most matches after Miguel Munoz.
Would love to see training together- Abhinav Bindra
Olympic shooting gold medallist Abhinav Bindra has expressed the desire to train together for the athletes with caution as the Tokyo Olympic approaches.