Prolawctor Daily News Update
Contents of Article
Allahabad HC directed UP Government to form Juvenile Justice Board in every district
- Hearing a petition regarding formation of JJB in every state court ordered UP govt. to form JJB in every district as soon as possible.
- Court also remarked that Children are the backbone of Society and protecting their rights is mandatory for state.
- Petitioner claimed that even after Court’s order state authorities didn’t worked for the same.
Delhi High Court seeks response from Central and State Government for the same sex marriage.
- Petition was filed by same sex couples regarding the recognition by law for their marriage.
- In the petition they mentioned how marriage is gender neutral in Special marriage Act and Foreign Marriage Act.
- Court mentioned that in both the Acts marriage is nowhere defined. But it is mentioned in customary laws.
- But as we know they don’t recognise marriages of same sex. So till the concept of marriage is not challenged court is unable to do anything.
Parking is not what public parks are made for: Delhi HC
- High court lashed out heavily on Civic bodies for not taking any actions on parking of vehicle which was illegally being done in a public park in Sultanpuri.
- A warning has been given to the Authorities regarding this illegal activity. And also reminded them to maintain the park as well.
- Court also remarked that what these authorities have to do is s single day affair but rather a continuous effort
It’s up to Government how common man will celebrate their Diwali: Apex Court
- Supreme Court asks Union Government to take actions as soon as possible about the interest waiver on loans.
- Court mentioned “Benefits of waivers to borrowers up to 2 crores must be implemented”
- Court also remarked that now they are looking what practical actions would Govt. will take this issue.
Misuse of POCSO to hide Adultery.
- A woman accused her neighbour Under POCSO to hide the allegations of adultery she has been doing.
- Accused has been in jail for 2 years now.
- Woman emotionally pressurised her kids to speak against the 52 yr. old accused.
New Covid cases in France has jump to more than 30,000
- A jump from 22, 591 cases to 30, 000 new cases.
- The WHO has warned that tough restrictions are absolutely necessary to save lives.
- As cases are increasing in Europe, countries are again starting to impose restrictions.
US elections: Trump and Biden compete with separate Q&A events
- The event replaced a cancelled second presidential debate after Mr. Trump’s refusal to participate virtually following his Covid-19 diagnosis.
Nigerian army warning amid anti-police brutality protests.
- The Nigerian army has issued a warning to subversive elements and trouble makers to desist after a week of protests.
- Demonstrations against police brutality have taken place in cities across Nigeria in the past week.
Thai Protest Update:
- Tens of thousands of pro-democracy protestors gathered again in the Thai capital Bangkok on Thursday in mass defiance of the government which has issued a decree banning demonstrations.
French Police raided ministers’ homes in pandemic inquiry
- French police have raided the homes of senior government officials.
- This is happening as part of investigation into handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Nitin Gadkari launched blasting for Zojila tunnel construction work
- On Thursday, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launched the first blasting for construction related work at the Zojila tunnel.
- This 14.15 km tunnel, one of the longest in Asia, will give 24*7 connectivity between Srinagar valley and Leh.
- The project holds strategic significance as Zojila Pass is built at an altitude of 11,578 feet on the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway and remains closed during winters because of heavy snowfall.
- The project was given to Megha Engineering & Infrastructure Ltd (MEIL) which quoted Rs 4,509.5 crore for the project.
Lepcha tribe in Sikkim vows to stall hydropower project in their holy land
- Lepchas, the tribal people of Sikkim, have vowed to stall an upcoming 520-megawatt hydropower project at Dzongu, a protected area, the community considers its holy land.
- The protestors argued that the project would not just damage the frail and dainty ecosystem of the area which consist Teetsa river basin and the Khangchendzonga National Park, which is a UNESCO World heritage site, but would also dismantle the Dzongu, the last bastion of the Lepchas.
- They said that it is very crucial and necessary to allow the Teesta River, already destroyed for and by hydro power projects, to flow freely.
- The Teesta Stage IV project was also stalled after local people boycotted the compulsory public hearing in protest.
- Both the Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) government and the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) party- when they were opposing, had promised not to continue with the project unless and until local people gave their assent.
ED detained the person accused in ₹25.25-crore cooperative bank fraud case
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has detained Niketa Baldevbhai Dave, a director of Pentium Infotech Limited and Hirak Biotech Limited, in relation with an alleged fraud of ₹25.25 crore in the Ahmedabad People’s Cooperative Bank Limited.
- The case is based on the enquiry conducted by the CID-Crime of Gandhinagar Zone. It was alleged that Ms. Dave, another director Pratik R. Shah, and others were involved in the fraud.
- According to the ED, the persons accused for this, opened fixed deposit accounts in the cooperative bank. The companies defaulted on paying back the sum, causing a loss of ₹25.25 crore to the bank.
Pakistan officials summoned a senior Indian diplomat for ‘ceasefire violations’
- On Thursday, Pakistani officials called in a senior diplomat from the Indian High Commission here to file its protest over the alleged ceasefire violations by the Indian forces along the Line of Control (LoC).
- The Foreign Office said that due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing in Jandrot Sector on, two people were severely injured.
Government Shielding Gold Smugglers, Chief Minister of Kerela Should resign
- On Thursday, BJP’s Kerala unit chief, K Surendran asked for the resignation of CM Pinarayi Vijayan in the wake of National Investigation Agency (NIA) submission in special NIA Court, Kochi where it suspected that the person allegedly accused of high-profile gold smuggling case has links to Dawood Ibrahim’s D-Company.
- K Surendran claimed that the party’s stand in the high-profile gold smuggling case has been corroborated and alleged that connection between the accused with D-Company and ISIS has been established.
- Principal Sessions Court in Kochi terminated the bail petition of accused Sandeep Nair in the gold smuggling case recorded by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Accused Swapna Suresh and Sarith PS have taken back their bail pleas submitted in special NIA court in Kochi.
600 quintals of illegal molasses seized in Great Noida, UP
- Noida (UP), Oct 15 (PTI) Police in Uttar Pradesh’s Gautam Buddh Nagar on Thursday said they have impounded two tankers containing around 600 quintals of ‘sheera’ or molasses, a crucial ingredient of hooch, among other items.
- The tankers were intercepted by officials of the Excise Department and the district police near a toll plaza in Dadri area of Greater Noida, and a man has been arrested for illegally transporting the molasses, they said.
- According to the police, the arrested driver has been identified as Tasleem, a native of Kandhla town in Shamli district of Uttar Pradesh.
- The accused driver has been booked under Indian Penal Code sections 420 (cheating), 467 and 468 (both related to forgery of documents).
- The accused has also been booked under provisions of the Uttar Pradesh Sheera Niyantran Act.
Vodafone Idea services in Maharashtra partially disrupted as key site in Pune gets flooded.
- Subscribers of Vodafone Idea in Maharashtra are facing connectivity issues since Thursday morning as a key site in Pune got flooded.
- The company said one of its “key sites” in Pune’s Kalyani Nagar area got flooded because of the heavy showers resulting in the “partial disruption in services” for subscribers across the state.
- Maharashtra, one of the most industrialised states, is a key telecom market and the disruption comes at a time when the competition is very intense in the telcos space where Vodafone Idea is ceding subscribers to its two rivals.
- Pune and other parts of Western Maharashtra have been experiencing a heavy downpour since Wednesday evening and some low lying areas of the city have also reported water logging.
ED raids IFFCO, its MD in alleged money laundering case
- Days after The Indian Express reported on alleged suspicious transactions of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) with three companies based in Dubai, Switzerland and Singapore, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday searched the premises of the co-operative giant and it’s MD US Awasthi.
- FFCO has been under the scanner of central agencies since 2011, when its then chairman Surinder Jakhar died in mysterious circumstances at a farmhouse, with his body found riddled with bullets and police claiming it to be a case of accidental fire. Jakhar was the son of Congress leader Balram Jakhar.
- In 2018, the government had informed Lok Sabha that it had asked CBI to probe IFFCO and Awasthi for various irregularities. The latter was also to be probe for alleged money laundering, the government had said.
- The cases, which the fertiliser ministry had asked CBI to probe, are related to alleged money laundering by the IFFCO managing director, his sons, relatives and friends associated with the cooperative, Inderjit had said.
New tourism policy seeks to make Goa free of Drugs
- The Goa Cabinet has approved the new tourism policy which stresses making the state free of drugs and prohibits tourists from cooking in open areas. State Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar told reporters that the Pramod Sawant-led cabinet on Wednesday approved the Tourism Policy-2020, which will give a “proper direction to the industry”.
- We want good tourists to arrive here. We should not be looked upon as a drug destination. Our attempt is to make Goa a drug-free state,” he said. Under the new policy, tourists who arrive in groups and cook in the open spaces would be penalized, he said.
- The policy also envisages the formation of the Goa Tourism Board, with the inclusion of stakeholders from the industry to chalk out short and long-term goals for tourism in the state, the minister said. He said the tourism policy aims to promote Goa’s beauty and nature, including the hinterland, taking away exclusive focus from the beaches.
- “The state is known for its heritage and natural beauty. Our focus would be to concentrate on these aspects to attract more tourists,” the minister said. The policy would be adopted into law during the next session of the state Assembly, he added.
Ujjain hooch tragedy tolls rises to 11 after 4 more labourers die
- The death toll in the hooch tragedy in Ujjain rose to 11 after four more labourers were found dead on Thursday morning, the Madhya Pradesh police said.
- Police have arrested 10 people while authorities suspended four policemen including a police station in-charge, a sub-inspector and two constables, officials said.
- The state government ordered an investigation by a special investigation team (SIT) into the tragedy after instructions from chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, according to an official communique.
- Those suspended policemen include Kharakuan police station in charge ML Meena and sub-inspector Niranjan Sharma.
- Seven people, most of them labourers, were found dead in different localities of Ujjain on Wednesday. At least six of them had drunk an intoxicant called potali, Ujjain’s city superintendent of police (CSP), Rajnish Kashyap said.
Kia Seltos Anniversary Edition dispatched in India at ₹13.75 lakh
- Kia Seltos Anniversary Edition was formally dispatched in India at ₹13.75 lakh (ex-showroom) on Thursday. Seltos Anniversary Edition is accessible in the HTX trim and commends the achievement of Kia’s presentation item in the nation which was first dispatched in 2019. Kia Seltos was the first item dispatched by the organization in quite a while in 2019.
- Seltos has been a solid entertainer for Kia here and the Anniversary Edition is a festival of the achievement the SUV has had. The exceptional release Seltos is 60 mm longer than the standard rendition.
EPFO dispatches WhatsApp helpline administration
- Retirement subsidize body EPFO has dispatched a WhatsApp helpline administration for fast redressal of complaints of its buys in, the work service said on Tuesday.
- This office is notwithstanding different methods for complaint redressal gatherings of EPFO which incorporate EPFJGMS entry, CPGRAMS, online media stages (Facebook and Twitter) and a committed 24×7 call community.
Tata bunch needs a cut of Big Basket
- The Tata bunch is in converses with purchase a stake in online food merchant Big Basket as it plots to join Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), Amazon and Walmart bunch in a market that is seeing hazardous development following the pandemic and lockdowns.
- Two individuals acquainted with the issue said the Mumbai-based combination may in the initial step join the progressing gather pledges of Alibaba-upheld Big Basket, which is hoping to bring around $200 million up in essential value implantation.
China targets US purchasers with 6-billion-dollar obligation deal
- China drew guard interest for a dollar bond deal in the midst of developing vulnerabilities over the US races and strains with Washington.
- For a fourth consecutive fall, China carried a dollar obligation offering with three-year, five-year, 10-year and 30-year developments, as indicated by individuals acquainted with the issue who aren’t approved to talk freely. The country pulled in more than $30 Billion of financial specialist offers, which incorporates $10.8 billion of joint lead-supervisor intrigue.
US book shops dispatch ‘Boxed Out’ crusade against Amazon
- The American Booksellers Association has dispatched a publicizing effort against Amazon to make the public aware of what it considers the developing peril that book shops are under from the online goliath during the Covid pandemic.
- The crusade, the first of its sort, was started by Amazon’s “Prime Day” on Tuesday and Wednesday, during which Amazon offers deals on items.
- Since the pandemic started, 35 book shops having a place with the ABA have needed to close their entryways for good, the affiliation told AFP, including that about 20% of autonomous book shops are under danger of conclusion.
MI Coach wishes to continue pace heavy attack
- Mahela Jayawardene wants to continue pace-heavy attacks.
- Inspite the surface/pitch getting slower day by day, the MI coach wants pace-heavy attacks, whereas other teams are relying on their spinners.
- Jayawardene belives that pace heavy attack can be used.
Portugal beats Sweden
- In Wednesday’s match between Portugal and Sweden, Ronaldo’s absence made no change in Portugal’s win.
- Portugal trashed Sweden by 3-0.
- Diogo Jota braced for Portugal.
Badminton Denmark Open
- Kidambi Srikanth reaches quarterfinals in Denmark open.
- Jason Anthony Ho-Shue defeated by Srikanth from 21-15, 21-14 in straight games.
- Indian shuttler aced and beat his Canadian opponent.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE NEWS.
Air India one aircrafts for The President, Prime Minister and Vice president.
- Air India one Boeing 777 aircraft will be used to for the international state visits by The President, PM and vice President of India.
- These aircraft will be equipped with missile defence systems.
- Including Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) and Self Protection Suites (SPS).
New moon rules by NASA
- The rules given by NASA for the lunar missions : No littering, trespassing or keeping secrets
- Eight countries have signed these rules till now.
Powershot Camera launched by Canon.
- This Camera has optical lens of 100-400mm F5.6-6.3 power.
- It has launched in US and Japan till now.
- It is a pocket sized Camera.
Vitamin D is beneficial for immune system and has protective effect against COVID-19: recent studies shows.
- Vitamin D has also a function of supporting immune system as of by the recent study showed.
- Due to lack of Vitamin D people with darker skin tone is likely to die more than the people with fair skin; this data is shown by the U.K and U.S.
National recovery rate is 87.35 on Thursday according to Union health ministry data.
- 73.07 lakh cases till now has been reported in India out of which 63, 83,441 people has been recovered with the total deaths of 1, 11,266 people.