Prolawctor Daily News Update
Thailand: Two students have been arrested for disrupting Queen’s motorcade.
- Police arrested two activists in Thailand for raising voice against the Queen, after thousands of pro-democracy protestors defied an emergency decree to rally on the streets of Bangkok.
- The two activists named Ekachai Hongkangwan and Bunkueanun Paothong have been arrested for disrupting Queen’s motorcade and participating in great demonstration near the capital’s government house.
- Both of these could face life time in prison under a rarely used law that is, “act of violence against the queen or her liberty.”
Two appointees with no experience in public health have been designated in White House at CDC in bid to control info.
- Two designations have taken place in the Trump’s White House at the nation’s top public health agency to try to control the information about the coronavirus pandemic.
- An administration official said that, “The appointments were part of a push to get more political into the CDC to help control messaging after a handful of leaks were ‘upsetting the apple cart’.”
Pakistan: Almost 20 have been killed in militant attacks.
- At least 20 have been killed in the attacks including soldiers and oil workers.
- First attack happened in Baluchistan, where assailants attacked a convoy of the state-owned Oil and Gas Development Corporation.
- Although no authority has claimed responsibility of the attacks but it’s expected that these attacks have been planned out by one of two major groups which are fighting for an independent Baluchistan.
Rally against Imran Khan Government to kick off protest movement in Pakistan.
- Rally headed by Maulana Fazlur Rehman and attended by many other prominent opposition leaders has been conducted from Lahore to Gujranwala in Pakistan.
- The government through its anti-corruption watchdog the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) issued arrest warrants for Asif Ali Zardari in a corruption case, in a bid to pressurize the opposition.
- An expert stated that, “the Imran Khan government is in real danger,” if present trend of rallies by the opposition continues for long.
Former Mexican Defence Minister has been arrested by DEA on drug trafficking charges.
Former Mexican defence secretary Gen. Salvador Cienfuegos has been arrested on drug trafficking and money laundering charges at Los Angeles International Airport.
He has served as secretary of defence for his nation from 2012 to 2018. He has been the highest-ranking former Cabinet official.
This arrest will be a tough blow for Mexico, where the army and navy are some of the few remaining respected institutions.
Tanzania: Attack at border village leaves 20 dead.
- Almost 20 have been dead and several have been injured in a crush during a church service at a stadium in Northern Tanzania.
- As the crowd of hundreds of people rushed to get anointed with “blessed oil”, the crush happened in Moshi town, near the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Authorities stated that they feared that the death toll could rise because of the huge crowd and poor lighting at that instant.
NEET Results out, Odisha boy scores record 100%
- With 720/720 marks, 18 year old Soyeb Aftab has topped the coveted exam for admission to undergraduate medical courses.
- Nearly 16 lakh students had registered to appear for the test that was deferred twice this year because of pandemic.
- Nearly 7.7 lakh candidates clearing the test this year.
Modi to hold 12 campaign rallies in poll-bound Bihar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a dozen campaign rallies in Bihar, the BJP’s election in-charge for the state Devendra Fadnavis announced this on Friday.
- Sasaram and Gaya will head to polls in the first step of the Bihar assembly elections, which will be on October 28.
- Nitish Kumar has already had six poll rallies since Wednesday and will hold six more on Friday. RJD leader Tejashwi Singh has also had his campaigning on Friday. He is scheduled to hold public meetings in Kahalgaon, and 8 other places.
Indian army vice chief will visit US before 2+2 dialogue
- Days before the 2+2 dialogue between the foreign and defence ministers of India and the US, the vice chief of Indian Army will visit the Hawaii-based Indo-Pacific Command to boost military cooperation and relation between the two countries.
- The visit is expected to improve the operational and strategic partnership between the two armies. The people described this collaboration as robust; pointing out that India is going ahead with joining in two joint exercises with the US despite restrictions related to the Covid-19 pandemic guidelines.
- The 2+2 dialogue is expected to be held in New Delhi during October 26-27. Seccretary of state Mike Pompeo and defence secretary Mark Esper will be guest of India for the talks.
Government officially forbids import of air conditioners with refrigerants
- On Thursday, the government prohibited imports of air conditioners with refrigerants in order to promote domestic manufacturing and cut imports of non-essential items.
- In June, the government put restriction on imports of certain new pneumatic tyres used in motor cars, busses, Lorries and motorcycles.
Pakistan Army violated ceasefire along LoC in poonch
- On Friday morning, Pakistan opened heavy fire on Indian positions and forward villages along the Line of Control (LoC) in Mankote sector of Poonch district, provoking India to retaliate in equal measure.
- Defence spokesman Lt Col Devender Anand said that around 5.15 am, Pakistan instituted unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with small arms and then shifting to mortar shelling along the LoC in Mankote sector.
- Indian Army retaliated befittingly and right on, and there were no casualties so far.
Railway minister Piyush Goyal to go under kidney stone removal procedure.
- On Friday, Railways Minister Piyush Goyal announced that he will be undergoing a surgery to remove a kidney stone but will be “back soon”.
- The union minister took the additional charge of the Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ministry on October 9, after the death of Lok Janshakti Party leader Ram Vilas Paswan, who held the charge previously.
- The union minister had undergone an endoscopy at Mumbai’s Breach Candy hospital for his kidney stone three years ago. Meanwhile, after his announcement post on twitter, messages started pouring in for him with people wishing for speedy recovery.
Shaurya Chakra awardee Balwinder Singh shot dead in Punjab’s tarn taran
- Punjab CM captain Amarinder Singh has ordered a Special Investigation Team to look into the murder.
- He has fought against terrorism for years, for which he has got Shaurya Chakra.
- He and his family has been in the hit list of terrorist for years.
Rain claims 27 lives in three districts of Maharashtra
- At least 27 people have died in rain related incidents.
- Solapur, Sangli and Pune most affected by rain.
- Over 20, 000 have been evacuated to safer places in these three district.
- Pune received highest rainfall in 120 years.
MHA launches Sushma Swaraj lectures for foreign diplomats
- The Ministry of External Affairs, Institute of Foreign Service and Indian Foundation on Thursday launched the 1st edition of “Sushma Swaraj Lectures”.
- The course is designed to introduce India to foreign diplomats posted here.
PM Modi unveils Rs 75 commemorative coin to mark 75th anniversary of FAO
- On the occasion of 75th anniversary of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAQ), PM Modi a commemorative coin of Rs. 75.
Apex Court dismissed the petition filed against Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Petition filed for President Rule in Maharashtra.
- SC dismissed this plea and shared their opinion on the same.
- SC mentioned that Maharashtra is a vast State.
- Supreme Court also remarked “just because a Bollywood actor died, a whole State is not following provisions of the Constitution.
Appellate Tribunal and NCLT came together against allegations of Andhra Pradesh CM
- YS Jaganmohan Reddy alleged that High Court was being used by Former CM to create destabilization of the democratically elected State Government.
- AT&NCLT passed resolution against the CM’s allegations.
- Bar association also condemned CM’s allegations.
High Court of Calcutta asks from state regarding doling of rupees 50,000 to Pooja Commitee.
- Petition filed against government action of providing financial support to Pooja Committee and whether same is provided to other religious festivals or not.
- Petition also questions regarding the guidelines state is going to follow for the celebration of the coming festival.
- Court asked both the legal representative to sort this out with a conference and inform the court till Friday.
- Court also questioned for a blueprint of crowd management during the Puja.
GUNJAN SAXENA: HC asks Union Government and the filmmakers to sort the issue.
- High Court of Delhi asked Union Government and the filmmakers of the Kargil Girl movie to sit and sort the issue out together.
- Court also dismissed Centre’s plea to restrain the movie. And remarked who wanted to watch the movie might have already watched it.
For release of prisoners India approached a Pakistani Court.
- Islamabad High Court has been approached by the Indian Mission to seek release of 4 prisoners.
- They were convicted by military Court and the time period of sentence is also complete now.
- There are people who are still in Indian and Pakistani jails and have completed their sentences but still because of few documentation and orders they are not in their homeland.
- Besides taking so many actions and plans on this issue no effective and efficient outcome has come out yet.
Gulf countries walk financial tightrope as second infection wave makes oil scene more muddled
- A second wave of the Covid is sending stun waves through the worldwide oil market with oil makers battling to offset yield cuts with a tight financial circumstance.
- New Covid cases are surfacing in the vast majority of Europe and West Asia in away from of a second wave that compromises the early recuperation and brings back the phantom of unforgiving lockdowns and curfews.
No selectiveness provision hoses railroad course privatization
- Railway course privatisations not as blushing it looks as there is no bar on rivalry on one hand and request hazards exceed the advantages on other, despite the fact that the private administrator is allowed to fix the taxes, cautions a report.
- Currently, the railroads cross-finances travellers by cheating cargo to limit the misfortunes produced in running traveller trains.
JK Tire, others firms face antitrust examination in offer gear case
- Antitrust controller is examining JK Tire NSE 2.67 % and Industries Ltd after a state government blamed the organization for offer gear, and the test has been extended to different firms, as indicated by sources and lawful filings seen by Reuters.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) a year ago arranged a test after Haryana said JK Tire utilized unreasonable exchange rehearses while offering to gracefully tires for public vehicle vehicles, a court documenting appeared.
US Elections 2020: Google dispatches new highlights to help find closest democratic areas
- Alphabet Inc’s Google said on Friday it was presenting new highlights over its web index, Maps and voice aide to help citizens in the United States discover their closest democratic areas.
- Details on in-person casting a ballot or returning mail-in polling forms can be found under quests with “early democratic areas” or “voting form drop boxes close to me,” Google said in a blog entry, including the information was pulled from a joint task between state political race authorities and non-hardliner, non-benefit urban gathering Democracy Works.
- Google said its voice aide would likewise share subtleties on where to cast a ballot close by, whenever incited with the inquiry, while Google Maps would give headings and casting a ballot hours to the areas.
Gadkari introduces, establishes framework stones of Rs 15,592-crore extends in Andhra Pradesh
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari initiated and established the framework stones of interstates ventures worth Rs 15,592 crore in Andhra Pradesh. These incorporate 16 interstate undertakings extending more than 1,411 km.
Eoin Morgan new captain of Kolkata Knight Riders
- Dinesh Karthik steps down from the post of captaincy of Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Eoin Morgan the best team forward becomes the new captain.
- “Contributing more to team’s cause” is the reason behind Karthik’s giving up of captaincy.
- KKR will face MI today in Abu Dhabi.
19 people detained by the Czech police
- Czech police detained 19 people in case of match-fixing and corruption.
- Deputy FA head Roman Berbr is also detained under the same charges.
- Prague prosecutor states that it is an activity of a criminal group engaging in match-fixing.
Australian open Cancelled
- Australian open and PGA Championship cancelled due to coronavirus.
- Australian Golf tournaments fallen prey of Covid-19.
- Men’s and Women’s open golf championships which were scheduled to be conducted in the month of February will not take place due to the pandemic
- This is the first time since 1945 that Men’s open will not be conducted.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE NEWS.
3-4 More Rafale fighter jets arriving in India.
- By the first week of November 3-4 more Rafale fighter jet is going to arrive in India.
- This decision is taken due to the growing disputes at the border with China.
Poor Air quality index in Delhi.
- Very poor category hits Delhi and will remain same next two days.
- AQI 315 was recorded on Thursday.
Google introduced new feature to Search unknown song more easily.
- With its new “hum to search feature”, it become easy to find a song if you only known the tune of the song.
- By humming 10-15 second the tune of the song, google will search the song.
NEET 2020 Results announced on Friday.
- Results announced on www.ntaneet.nic.in at around 4:30 pm by NTA
Since March, Lowest fatality rate in India of COVID-19 reported on Friday.
- The Union of Health Ministry has reported the lowest per million population deaths rate of COVID-19 since March on Friday.