Prolawctor Daily News Update | 15 October 2020
Prolawctor Daily News Update
SC says to 2 sons while hearing a case: “Whatever you are today it’s because of your father”
- While hearing a case related to maintenance apex court made it clear that by providing financial support to your father you are not doing him a favour.
- Case was before heard in a Maintenance tribunal in 2019
- Two sons were asked to provide maintenance to their father, to which they challenged.
- After hearing that sons are earning good and they also get rental money from ancestral home court asked them to either pay their father his share or sell it and give him his share.
- Else court will sell and will share the money.
Relaxation of rules in family pension for daughter that are divorced.
- Union minister Jitendra Singh announced that from now on daughters who got divorced after death of parent.
- Earlier a woman who was divorced till the lifetime of parent will get family pension only.
- Bilkis Bano still struggling to get justice for 2002 Gang rape during riots.
- Government of Gujarat claimed that they provided a job and rupees 50 lac to Bilkis Bano as compensation.
- Bilkis Bano who was 5 month pregnant was gang-raped while Gujarat Riots.
- In her plea she mentioned that whatever govt has provided is only document basis and it’s not even justified.
It’s their name not yours: High Court to CBSE while allowing Class 10&12.
- Delhi High Court suggested to the CBSE to make a system through which all students are allowed to change anything they want to in their 10&12 marksheet and chargesheet.
- “Let them change whatever they want, every student is not asking for it” says the Bench.
- Next hearing to be held on 20 November.
Allahabad High Court: Victim’s cremation in such hurry was total violation of Fundamental Rights.
- HC said while hearing that victim deserved a peaceful cremation from her family in accordance to her religious custom.
- UP police cremated the body of victim in hurry.
- This act raised a lot of questions on the system, law and order.
- Court also questioned ADG Prashant Kumar on his statement “rape didn’t happened” Court asked that if he read the rape law of 2013.
- Court also directed the State authorities for security of family of victim.
To International Space Station, One American and Two Russians blast off.
- They blasted off from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan and successfully reached the orbit.
- The members travelling to the ISS are Kate Rubins, Sergey Ryzhikov and Sergey Kud-Sverchkov.
- Rubins said that, “We have an incredible partnership. We’ll continue to train crews over here and we’re going to have cosmonauts come to the Johnson Space Center and train.”
Anchorage mayor resigns after being allegedly trolled for texting sexual messages to a minor girl.
- Ethan Berkowitz, one of the Alaska’s most significant democrats resigned after being accused of sending indecent messages to an underage girl and a local television anchor.
- He stated that, “My resignation results from unacceptable personal conduct that has compromised my ability to perform my duties with the focus and trust that is required.”
- He further added that, “I know that my conduct has done great injury to my family, my staff, to municipal employees, and to the people of our community, and for that, I am deeply sorry.”
- He later denied the accusations, calling the Athens “unwell”.
Over 10,000 residents have been evacuated in Cambodia due to floods with major hit to rice crops.
- These seasonal rains made worse by the storm which caused flooding affecting 140,000 people in all.
- It has also destroyed thousands of acres of rice in the region.
- The floods have also affected transportation with trucks being banned from several major roads in the most-hit parts.
Afghanistan: Collision of two military helicopters caused death of 9 soldiers.
- The two Soviet-era Mi-17 helicopters collided due to technical problems at the Nawa district, Afghanistan.
- Omer Zwak, a spokesperson stated that the soldiers which have been found dead after the accident were already wounded.
- He further added by saying that, “Over the past week, Taliban fighters have launched coordinated attacks in different parts of Helmand province, which have intensified in recent days.”
- None of the authorities claimed responsibility for the attack.
Poland: 5000 kg bomb of World War-II exploded underwater.
- Although no one was injured, there happened a great explosion in Poland because of 5000 kg bomb of WW-II.
- This bomb was found in September 2019 under the waterway leading to the port of Szczecin during work to deepen the passage.
- Navy experts were trying to demolish it underwater through remote deflagration, but it went off in the process.
2 security personnel in Budgam are reported missing
- Two security personnel have gone missing with service rifles from two different locations in Budgam, in Kashmir.
- According to the police, a Special Police Officer (SPO) was reported missing from his camp along with two AK-47 rifles in Budgam’s Chadoora area.
- According to the data, the SPO, Altaf Hussain Bhat, is a resident of Qazipora in Chadoora and has been in police department for the past five years. They have also said that, along with the 2 AK-47 rifles, 3 AK-47 magazines are also missing.
- Separately a SSB constable has also been missing from Nagam area of Budgam. He is from Rajori and left the camp two days ago.
2 top republic TV editors summoned by Mumbai police in a case of fake rating
- On Tuesday, two top editors of Republic TV, of being accused of rigging viewership ratings, have been summoned by the Mumbai Police as part of its inquiry into the alleged forging of ratings by three channels.
- Executive Editor Niranjan Narayanaswamy and Senior Executive Editor Abhishek Kapoor have been called to by Mumbai Police, as to appear before the Crime Intelligence Unit at noon on Wednesday.
- The investigation was done because of a complaint filed by Hansa, a private company involved in assessing viewership. The channel claimed that two editors were asked by the police to reveal the source of documents belonging to Hansa.
- In a statement, the channel said, “It is shocking that the summons issued to them demands that they reveal the source of the Hansa Research Group Private Ltd (‘Hansa’) complaint that bludgeoned the lies that the state machinery in Maharashtra tried to peddle against the news network,”
- The channel’s editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami said they will bring charges against the Mumbai Police for the accusations and that there is “not a single BARC (Broadcast Audience Research Council) report that mentioned Republic TV.
Mumbai police sends notice to Arnab Goswami for covering palghar lynching case
- Republic TV’s editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami has been accused of instigating or abetting communal tension regarding the death of two sadhus in Palghar district.
- He is also held for questioning about incident of gathering of crowd at the Bandra Railway station during the lockdown in April.
- Mr Goswami has been issued a show because notice by the Mumbai Police and asked to appear before the Additional Commissioner of Police in Worli on October 16, and has also been asked to sign a bond that he won’t air content that provokes or instigates tension among any communities.
Sabotage has been suspected in Mumbai power outage
- On Wednesday, Maharashtra Energy Minister Nitin Raut said that a possibility of vandalism cannot be ruled out in the massive power outage in Mumbai and neighbouring areas two days back. Raut also said that the power cut in the metropolis and neighbouring Thane and Navi Mumbai on Monday was “not a small issue”.
“This is the reason that possibility of sabotage is suspected,” said Raut. He said that a technical team from the Centre will inquire into the power failure issue, and that “our inquiry committee will also be set up.”
India demolishes china’s contention for Ladakh stand-off in 3 points
- India has rejected Chinese contention that its border infra enhancement along the 3,488 km Line of Actual Control (LAC) is the bottom line of on-going military tensions, saying the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has already made and continues to construct roads and communication network from its side of the border.
- According to military commanders, the PLA has drawn optical fibre for guarded communication at contested Gogra-Hot Springs, used heavy-lift cranes to drop solar heated containers as reconciliation for forward troops on north bank of Pangong Tso and have built a hospital in the depth area to cater to high-altitude sickness and medical problems associated with rarefied atmosphere.
- Over the years, China has forced India not only on the border but has also been complaisant enough to ask New Delhi to maintain its non-aligned position and not get close to the United States.
Flipkart reinforces organizations with banks, NBFCs in front of happy season
- Walmart-claimed Flipkart on Wednesday said it will offer credit choices through 17 banks, NBFCs and fintech players that will drive credit openness for clients during the forthcoming merry season.
- Flipkart is inclining up its fintech builds so shoppers the nation over can profit the advantages of simple availability to credit and reasonableness alternatives, an announcement said.
Focal Government commands all services, public depts, CPSUs to utilize BSNL, MTNL administrations
- The focal government has ordered all services, public offices and public area units to utilize telecom administrations of state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
World Bank favours $12 billion for Covid-19 immunizations, medicines in creating nations
- The World Bank said its chief board endorsed on Tuesday $12 billion in new subsidizing for creating nations to fund the buy and conveyance of Covid-19 immunizations, tests and medicines for their residents.
- The financing plan, part of $160 billion in complete assets that the multilateral improvement moneylender has vowed to give to creating nations through June 2021 to assist them with battling the Covid pandemic, was first announced by Reuters in late September.
HDFC twins, ICICI Bank help Sensex settle 169 pts higher
- The Indian securities exchange saw a sharp recuperation in the most recent hour of the meeting, upheld by purchasing in monetary counters.
- Among the feature lists, the S&P BSE Sensex increased 169 focuses, or 0.42 percent to end at 40,795 levels while the NSE’s Nifty50 file finished at 11,971, up 37 focuses, or 0.31 percent. India VIX slipped almost 2.5 percent to 20.21 levels.
- ICICI Bank, HDFC and HDFC Bank contributed the most to the Sensex’s benefits.
- In the more extensive market, the S&P BSE Midcap list increased 0.5 percent while the S&P BSE SmallCap list finished 0.19 percent lower.
Infosys to turn out pay increment from January 2021; to pay exceptional reward in December quart
- Infosys will turn out pay increments and advancements over all levels successful January 1 as the organization gauge higher development in the year ahead on the rear of huge arrangement wins from clients.
- Infosys CEO Salil Parekh said that the organization will pay an exceptional reward in the quarter to December, while paying 100% variable compensation in the past quarter.
M.S. Dhoni criticized for bullying
- CSK captain M.S. Dhoni was criticized by fans on twitter for bullying.
- Umpire Paul Reiffel fallen prey of Dhoni’s bullying.
- In a match of IPL the umpire changed his mind while giving wide action after Dhoni’s protests.
- Dhoni was slammed by his fans for pressurizing the Umpire as he changed his mind.
England Nation’s League
- Eric Dier defender of Tottenham Hotspur is expected to not play match against Denmark.
- Dier will not play match against Denmark on Wednesday as he is having an injury.
- It is reported that he is being suffering from hamstring issue which was faced by him during last match against Belgium.
Fabio Foginni tests positive of coronavirus
- Italian player Fobia Foginni tests positive of coronavirus.
- He is been out of ATP Sredegna Open.
- The player revealed his positive results on Instagram, a social media platform.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE NEWS
Now India has the potential to develop any type of missile system: DRDO.
- Requirements of armed forces can be developed in India now said by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- India is now independent in the area of missiles.
NASA transformed images of universe into sound by data sonification.
- NASA released sound recordings on twitter to understand the universe with different prospective.
Bugs report can now be filed within the app, new feature of WhatsApp.
- This feature is only for the Android users.
- Feature under development.
Some Cured patients of COVID-19 are experiencing Brian fog.
- Researchers have found effects on brain due to COVID-19.
- A study showed that about 50% cured COVID-19 patients are not able to continue with their daily routine due to brain fog.
One lakh metric tonne of liquid oxygen will be imported by the government of India.
- Due to rising COVID-19 cases, government is planning to import one lakh metric tonne of oxygen so that people don’t face any type of shortage during the winter season.
- On behalf of Health Ministry of India, HLL lifecare Ltd. Is undertaking the tender to obtain one lakh metric tonne of liquid oxygen.