Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights | 26 December 2020
PROLAWCTOR DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS INSIGHTS
The Jammu and Kashmir High Court has asked doctors to stop examining two fingers in a rape case
- The Jammu and Kashmir High Court has directed health professionals in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh to refrain from conducting two-finger tests on rape victims.
- In an order issued on Thursday, the court also asked the courts in the two Union Territories to refrain from revealing the identities of survivors in the proceedings and verdicts.
TRP scam: Former BARC CEO sentenced to police custody
- Former Chief Executive Officer of Rating Agency Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) Partho Dasgupta was on Friday remanded in police custody in connection with a fake TRP scam in Mumbai.
- Dasgupta was arrested by the Mumbai Crime Branch from Pune district on Thursday and produced in court on Friday.
NCLT directs IBBI, lenders to probe Lotus auto engineer case .
- NCLT lent to IBBI to investigate the Lotus Auto Engineer case.
- The backtracking court has asked the CMD of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) and the Oriental Bank of Commerce to look into the decline in the valuation of New Delhi on the basis of Engineering Ltd. during the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP) Liquidation.
NDTV promoter to appeal against SEBI order
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) fined NDTV promoters Pranay Roy, Radhika Roy, and Messrs. RRPR Holdings Pvt. Ltd Rs 227 crore.
- For engaging in fraudulent and unjust practices related to securities and for failing to comply with various security criteria.
Prolawctor has started its publication drive…!! Hurry up and publish your own blog, article, book review and research paper in the E-book. Click here to register.
Mamata Banerjee Steps Ups in Support of Amartya Sen
- According to the Report of News Agency ANI where the names of those who are illegally occupying the land on Visva- Bharti University, Amartya Sen name also popped up.
- Expressing her support to Amartya Sen, Mamata Banerjee in her tweet said that some completely baseless and surprising allegations are being made by modern invaders.
- Her reference was apparently against Bharti Janata Party (BJP).
During the war between Farmers and Bill, the Amit Shah says the Govt. is dedicated to Farmers
- In a gathering in New Delhi, the Union Minister Amit Shah clarifies that no corporate companies can take away the land of farmers.
- He also criticized the opposition to spread rumors over agricultural reforms.
- He insisted to keep MSP and assured that Mandi system will continue the.
World Meteorological Organization warns that La Nina may be Longer and Harsher
- La Nina, a Global Weather Pattern which was started from September that has a cooling effect on Global Weather Condition has reached to its Peak.
- WMO says that winter can be comparatively longer and colder for the North India this year and its end can be seen in the Late Summers.
Arya Rajendran becomes the Youngest Mayor of India
- 21 year old, Arya Rajendran who has interest in Politics from the very young age becomes the Youngest New Mayor Of Thiruvananthapuram Corporation.
- At first, she thought she was pranked by her college friends, later the call from the District Secretariat of Communist Part of India made the news confirmed.
Farewell to Shamsur Rehman Faruqi, Renowned Urdu Poet
- Renowned poet, Writer and Critic Shamsur Rehman passes away at the age of 85, at his home.
- He was discharged after testing Negative for Covid 19 but later he developed some complication.
- He will be buried next to his wife at Nawada Graveyard in Ashok Nagar.
Indian sailors stranded due to Covid measures, not standoff : says China
- On Friday, China said there was no link between the situation of the Indian sailors on two cargo ships carrying
- Australian coal stranded at Chinese ports and the current state of ties between the countries.
- The Chinese foreign ministry has said the two vessels were stuck at the ports because of quarantine measures in place due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Farm laws protests: Sitharaman reminds Rahul Gandhi of Cong’s manifesto
- On Friday , India’s Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has lashed out at Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for criticizing the three farm bills, which were passed during the monsoon session in Parliament earlier this year.
- Sitharaman has questioned the Wayanad Lok Sabha MP the reason behind his lack of support to the same reforms which were promised by his party during the parliamentary elections last year.
UP Police provide security to Aligarh man receiving threats after conversion
- Uttar Pradesh Police has recently provided security to a man who was allegedly receiving threats after he converted to Hinduism.
- Karamveer, a resident of Aligarh, who had recently converted to Hinduism and was earlier known as Qasim, has alleged that he is being threatened.
PM Modi to launch AB-PMJAY SEHAT scheme for J-K tomorrow
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) SEHAT scheme for the residents of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
- It will provide benefits to 2.1 million eligible people on the basis of Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011,said the official sources.
Japan’s Suga advises citizens to have a quiet and distanced New Year
- Japanese PM Yoshihide Suga advised the country to spend a quiet New Year time frame without the typical social gatherings to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- He added, “the infections aren’t decreasing and if we continue going this way, we won’t have the option to prevent the spread of the virus.”
- The nation confirmed its first cases of the new variant of the virus, in two residents who arrived from the UK.
South Africa Rejects Claim Its Covid Variant Dangerous Than UK Strain
- South Africa’s health minister has dismissed his British counterpart’s claim that a new Covid variant is more dangerous than a comparative one spreading in the UK.
- He added that there is also no evidence that it causes more severe disease or increased mortality than in the UK.
- The British minister’s words have made a perception that the variant in SA has been a major reason in the second wave of coronavirus in the UK.
Supreme Court of Nepal issues show-cause notice to Oli government
- Nepal’s Supreme Court gave a show-cause notice to the Oli-led govt, asking it to furnish a written explanation over its decision to abruptly dissolve the Parliament.
- The show-cause notice was issued after a preliminary hearing at the five-member Constitutional bench headed by Chief Justice Cholendra Shumsher Rana.
- The notice was given on the writ petitions filed against the government’s choice to dissolve the 275-member House of Representatives.
On challenging the release of the murderers, Daniel Pearl’s kin praises Pak govt
- The father of Daniel Pearl welcomed Pakistan’s decision to challenge the verdict of a local court ordering the release of a militant sentenced for killing their son in 2002.
- Pearl was South Asia department chief for The Wall Street Journal when he was abducted in Karachi in January 2002 while exploring Islamist militants.
The gender-equality goals in the new five-year plan delayed by Japan
- Japan adopted a plan that delays women’s advancement objectives by as long as 10 years subsequently failing to reach even 50% of the 30% objective by 2020 and different measures.
- The plan called for a society with no gender bias by the 2030s.
Bharat Biotech’s top brass calls on vice president
- On Friday, in Hyderabad Bharat Biotech top brass as called on the vice president Venkaiah Naidu and the discussion rotates all the status of the living people vaccines and the plans to make the vaccine in India and all over the world.
- The official statement of NIV is said that the vaccine is developed by the Bharat Biotech in co-partnership with Indian Council of Medical Research ( ICMR).
Indian auto industry is expected to see stronger growth in 2021-2022: Nomura Research Institute
- Accordingto NomuraResearch Institute, the Indian auto industry is expected to develop the growth in 2021 to 22 because after the destroying all the electric vehicle sales due to covid-19 pandemic situation so from next year we see the positive movements about it.
- National Research Institute also said that in personal vehicle piece would be reached added only in 2021 to 2022.
- But not personal vehicle piece also for two wheelers levels would be reached in 2018 but now it will be achieved or reached in 2021 to 2022 or for every next year.
Railways to enhance IRCTC’s e-ticketing website
- On Friday, Piyush Goyal who is the Union Minister said that Indian Railways will be increase the features of E- ticketing website which would be very easily for the passengers.
- The official statement declared and said that Indian railways is working on increasing the e-tickets website for the passengers which is with full facilities and personalization and along with simple design as well as fulfilled features.
IIT Delhi, NIT Srinagar sign MoU for academic and research collaboration
- Between the IIT in Delhi and NIT in Srinagar one message of understanding has been signed to contributed on academic activities.
- Under this message, Research contributed work proposal will be submitted with the approval of head of each institution for research contribution.
- The scope of contribution on academic and research activities in the message of understanding includes some academic and research contributed in the areas of interest rate or some included in facilities.
USFDA informs Biocon Biologics, Mylan of deferred action on Avastin biosimilar license application
- On Friday, Biotechnology major Biocon said that Mylan and Biocon have informed by the US health regulator of the leave something actions on the Biologics license application for used the drugs, to treat the many types of cancers.
- The part of the standard review process to complete the application by agency and examination of the facilities of manufacturing is very important.
- During the current scenario of Covid 19 situation, the agency is unable to connect the careful examination during the review of cycle and Biologics added that we have to wait for the new careful examinations.
Reliance to buy out IMG Worldwide from sports management joint venture
- RIL had formed an equal joint venture with IMG Worldwide, an international sports marketing and management company, in 2010.
- Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Ltd has agreed to buy out IMG Worldwide LLC from their sports management joint venture for Rs 52.08 crore.
FIFA cancels men’s 2021 U-20, U-17 World Cups due to COVID-19
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has decided to cancel the 2021 editions of the men’s FIFA U-20
- World Cup and FIFA U-17 World Cup, and to appoint Indonesia and Peru respectively, who were due to host the tournaments in 2021, as the hosts of the 2023 editions, the world football’s
Chetan Sharma appointed new chairman of selectors; Abbey Kuruvilla and Debashis Mohanty in panel
- Chetan Sharma, former India pacer, was on Thursday appointed chairman of the senior national selection panel while Abbey Kuruvilla and Debashis Mohanty were picked in the five-member team by the BCCI’s Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC).
Kiren Rijiju urges people to encourage players by watching sports
- Union minister Kiren Rijiju has made an appeal to people, saying that those who cannot play sports, should at least encourage the players by watching the games.
Apologised to Virat Kohli after that run out, he was okay about it: Ajinkya Rahane
- Apologised to Virat after that run out, he was okay about it:
- Rahane. Ajinkya Rahane on Friday said he had apologized to Virat Kohli after his horrible mix-up with him led to the India captain’s game-changing run out in the first Test against Australia in Adelaide
DEFENCE, MED, TECH AND SCIENCE
Afghan army: 2 officers killed by roadside bomb in northern Balkh area
- 2 Afghan army officers, 1 battalion commander were killed.
- Vehicle, hit by a roadside bomb in the northern Balkh area.
Changing security situation needs greater Pak-China cooperation: Pakistan Air Force chief
- Global security situation needs more cooperation between Pakistan and China, says Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan.
- 2 countries ended the annual joint exercise of their Air Forces.
Siemens’ digital-makeover promise: from capex to production cost, Industry 4.0 makes more from less
- Creating 180 totally various product types using a single production line.
- Plant is creating out 1 product type in just 9 seconds.
UV LED lights effectively kill a human coronavirus
- New innovation could be put in by air conditioning and water systems.
- Research, printed in the Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology.
Early Mammal had remarkable Precise Bite
- University of Bonn (Germany) have triumphed in recreating the chewing motion of an early mammal.
- This showed that its teeth worked precisely and efficiently.