Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
Customs to move to court in the Kerala gold smuggling case against jail department
- The customs department is planning to move the Kerala High Court, not to allow its officials along with visitors who want to meet the prime accused in the Kerala Gold smuggling case, against the state jail department’s decision.
- The customs had issued a directive to the jail that it should be informed about any visitors and it was lodged in women’s prison in the state capital under Cofeposa.
Plea in SC seeks establishment of Media Tribunal regarding accountability of media for hate speech, fake news, and breach of privacy
- The Supreme Court was moved by Nilesh Navalakha, film producer seeking establishment of an independent, regulatory ‘Media Tribunal’ to expeditiously adjudicate complaints filed by viewers/ citizens against Media-Businesses.
- The petitioner stated the necessity to balance the right to freedom of speech and expression of the Media-Businesses and the competing right to information of the citizenry under Article 19 (1) (a).
Delhi HC Women Lawyers forum Condemn Targeting of Lawyers by Investigative Agencies: Advocate Mehmood Pracha’s office raid
- The raids at the offices of Mehmood Pracha who is an advocate representing many accused in the Delhi riots conspiracy cases were condemned by the Delhi High Court Women Lawyers Forum on Saturday.
- The lawyers associated with the forum discouraged the investigative agencies from arraigning lawyers as accused in criminal cases for mere intimidation, in a letter addressed to Mohit Mathur.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court held that Wife from void marriage can file case for cruelty under Section 498 A
- The J&K HC held that a man and his relatives can be prosecuted for the offence of cruelty under Section 498A of Ranbir Penal Code (RPC), even if the marriage is void in nature.
- The Court held that irrespective of the legitimacy of the marriage, on entering into a marital arrangement with a woman, the man is covered under the definition of ‘husband’.
BJP leader moved SC to direct centre to appoint Law Commission Chairperson or declare it as a statutory body
- A plea filed in the Supreme Court sought directions for the appointment for the Chairperson and other members of the 22nd Law Commission of India.
- The petition by Ashwini Upadhyay stated that the court was the custodian of the constitution and protector of fundamental rights and it may use this constitutional power to appoint the Chairperson and members of the Law Commission of India, declaring it a statutory body.
Rain in northern states, cold wave conditions likely during year-end
- Ground Frost conditions are likely in isolated pockets over Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi, Rajasthan and West Madhya Pradesh during 28th-29th December, 2020, IMD tweeted.
- Towards the end of December, these cold wave conditions are also expected to spread towards western India.
Bihar cabinet approves proposal for creation of 103 new nagar panchayats
- Bihar Cabinet has approved a proposal for creation of 103 new nagar panchayats and eight new Nagar Parishad.
- This is an up-gradation of 32 Nagar panchayats to Nagar Parishad, and five Nagar Parishad to municipal corporations.
Modi govt helped northeastern youth quit violence, join mainstream: Shah
- Union home minister Amit Shah who is on a two-day tour of Assam reached Guwahati on Saturday morning.
- He was welcomed by folk artists outside Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati. Shah is set to inaugurate a slew of projects for the state during his visit.
Central Vista revamp: MPs’ offices to come up in place of two buildings
- The Shram Shakti Bhavan and Transport Bhavan in Lutyens’ Delhi will be the first two buildings to be razed.
- This is being done to pave the way for the construction of chambers of Members of Parliament there as part of Central Vista redevelopment project.
Sputnik V Covid -19 Vaccine gets Approval from Russia for Testing On people above 60
- Health Ministry of Russia on Saturday gave Sputnik Vaccine approval for testing on above 60 people.
- Russia test of vaccine was been proceeded on Separate Age Groups.
Upper House Session to be held on January 1, Nepal Prime Minster Recommends
- The Prime Minister of Nepal K P Sharma has urged to hold the Upper House Session on Jan 1 to the President.
- Nepal Government is facing political crises as President Bidya Devi.
- Bhandari has dissolved the House of Representative and declared the dates for mid-term elections on PM request.
List of Global Health Issues to look up in 2021 is been Released by WHO
- List of the Global Health Issues ha be declared by the WHO, these health issues can be faced by the world in the coming year 2021.
- WHO announces that the Pandemic has taken away the Progress of Global Health Development which it had achieved in past 20 year, in 2021 the world have to work back to repair the Health System.
Turkey and BioNTech sign a deal for Covid-19 vaccine
- Turkey and Pfizer Inc. partner BioNTech signed an agreement.
- For coronavirus vaccine with 4.5 million doses, which could rise to 30 million.
Pakistan using Taliban as ‘tool’ for dominance in Afghanistan, says Former
- Pakistan using Taliban as a “tool” for its superiority in Afghanistan under the ruse of strategic depth, said Afrasiab Khattak.
- Terror group’s attitude towards peace process has remained same as it favours violence in the country.
Government proposes to set up University of Disability studies and rehabilitation sciences
- In Kamrup District, Department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (DEPWD) said that they have to set up a university of disability children and rehabilitation sciences.
- This university is a proposed university and the university will be multidisciplinary academic institutions held the research, programs and courses from the level of bachelor and it covers the entire discipline of university of disability and rehabilitation sciences.
- The Department also said that in country facilities of university will be given to other institutions for disabilities and rehabilitation children and this university will be adopt praise, grading and credit.
Prepared to commission Mumbai – Ahmedabad bullet train corridor in phrases: Chairman, Railway Board
- On Saturday VK Yadav who is the chairman of railway board said that Indian railways is prepared to into operation or use the Mumbai Gujarat high speed rail corridor and in Maharashtra if land is purchasing then it postponed unreasonably.
- VK Yadav said that the Indian Railways is giving some efforts that whole bullet train project is fully ordered at the end and all the railway minister planning accordingly.
Palace on Wheels woos desi tourists with 30% fare discount
- This is all about the luxury trains which depends on foreign tourists and cancelled the journey in a new season between the March and April due to pandemic situation but start the train journey from September in this year.
- In Rajasthan the official that is Rajasthan Tourist Development Corporation (RTDC) said that we have to start the train for domestic tourists for three months from February in 2021.
- Alok Gupta who is the chairman of managing director of RTDC said that we have decided the offer 30% discount as compare to previous rates and we have created two routes or plan of journey of a domestic tourists.
- Now if train will start from February 2021 then only with 27 guests will be come for one trip only.
Coal India set to diversify into non-coal mining areas in 2021
- In 2021, the state owned coal India limited is set up to increase non-coal mining areas as well as major investments in clear technology.
- In country, the government has opened the mining sector for private sector by 19 blocks which is by auctioneering or including in coal demand also.
- Anil Kumar Jain who is the coal secretary said that India will do investments in renewable energy along with all other areas and get into the aluminium and coal clean technology.
2021: India to bank on innovative ways to garner Rs 1.75 Lakh crore investment for renewable energy sector
- In present time the India has a total renewable capacity of 90 GW.
- Renewal energy also tells that in wind 39 GW capacity are there and in solar generation 37 GW capacity are there.
- Shekhar Dutt who is a Director General of Solar Power Developers Association said that imposed of the renewable projects and innovation to give offer to them and in 2021 to attract the more investors for this projects and innovation.
- According to Shekhar Dutt India needs to make such design of innovative offers with included wind, solar, energy storage and his ensure that renewable can replace fossil fuels for such a great limits.
Andy Murray accepts Delray Beach Open wildcard :-to begin 2021 season
- The organisers confirmed Saturday, that the Former world’s no.1 one Andy Murray is all set to begin his 2021 tennis season with the Delray Beach Open in January 2021 after accepting a wildcard entry into the tournament.
- Murray, who has dropped down to 122nd in the ATP rankings, will join defending champion Reilly Opelka, top-ranked American John Isner and Canada’s Milos Raonic in the Florida field in next month.
Christian Eriksen likely to leave Inter in next transfer window:-says chief executive
- Christian Eriksen likely to leave Inter in next transfer window, says chief executive.
- Christian Eriksen, who was signed amid huge fanfare in January, has made only 38 appearances for Inter in all competitions and has contributed just four goals and three assists during that time.
- The club’s chief executive Giuseppe Marotta said that Christian Eriksen plays as an attacking midfielder for Inter. Inter Milan midfielder Christian Eriksen could leave the Serie A club next month after struggling to settle in Italy following his transfer from English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur in January2021.
Robin Jackman, former cricketer, commentator -dies at 75
Ex-England cricketer and commentator Robin Jackman dies aged 75. Former England and Surrey bowler Robin Jackman has died at the age of 75. Jackman played in four Tests and 15 one-day internationals for his country, while he took 1,402 wickets in a 399-game first-class career between 1966 and 1982.
Australian Golf Legend Norman Hospitalized :With COVID-19
- Australian golf champion Greg Norman has said on Friday that he has been hospitalized with COVID-19 symptoms, posting an Instagram photo of himself in a hospital bed.
- Norman, 65, a former world No.1 who won the 1986 and 1983 British Opens, had said Thursday he was suffering from virus symptoms despite testing negative on Tuesday and quarantining in his Jupiter, Florida, home.
South African Cricketers Raise Fists :In Anti-Racism Gesture
- South African players raised their fists, on Saturday in an anti-racism gesture at the start of their two-Test series against Sri Lanka at SuperSport Park in Centurion, in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- The team issued a statement that said the players had on multiple occasions declared their support for the campaign against racial injustice and “wanted to own our journey”.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, MED AND TECH.
India is Asia’s “gravity point’’, says Japanese Deputy Defence Minister
- Depicting India as “Asia’s gravity point”, the Japanese Deputy Minister of Defense has said he wants to see India “commit more” towards the Quad.
- He also expressed worries over growing difficulties emanating from Chinese military assertiveness in the key sea zones in the region.
- The Quad contains India, Japan, Australia, and the US.
Ministry of External Affairs: India, China agreed that the next round of military talks should be held soon
- India and China have agreed that the following round of military talks should be held soon for working towards an “early and complete” separation of troops.
- This will be done as per the current bilateral agreements and conventions.
K Sivan: ISRO developing ‘green propulsion’ for human space mission Gaganyaan
- ISRO chief K Sivan stated that in the future, all the propulsion stages may embrace ‘green propulsion.’
- The ISRO chief urged them to face up calculated risk as it would defend them from ‘absolute failure.’
- The space organization had planned to launch its maiden human space flight mission ‘Gaganyaan’ by December 2021.
Spotlight on regulations as desi startups ‘flip’ base
- Info Edge co-founder recently tweeted that Indian new companies are ‘flipping’ their structure while raising early-phase capital from foreign investors.
- Bikhchandani, who has upheld huge internet startups like Zomato and PolicyBazaar through Info Edge, said this prompts loss of tax for the government.
IITs beat pandemic blues with record placements, high salary packages
- IITs across the nation have commenced their placement drives with record job proposals and high salary packages.
- IIT-Delhi students bagged more than 300 job offers, including pre-placement offers, before the end of the first day of the first phase of the placement season.
- With a record high in pre-placement offers, numerous students have just bagged offers as high as Rs 1.54 crore from international organizations.