Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
Moral Policing by Internal Committee shunned by Delhi High Court in cases of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- A progressive judgement was delivered by the Delhi High Court stating the jurisdiction of Internal Complaints Committee established under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
- The Court stated that the personal conduct of the parties cannot be commented upon by the ICC.
- It was also specified that the Management or ICC need not be concerned about any consensual relationship among adults as long as the work and discipline of the organisation are not affected.
Supreme Court stated that Candidates of Reserved Categories would be eligible to General Category Vacancies based on Merit
- It was observed by the SC that the eligibility to fill general/ open category vacancies would be available to candidates belong to reserved category as well.
- The Bench state that following of this principle established would be mandatory even while filling vacancies in open category’s horizontal reservations.
Allahabad High Court released order and summoned jailer where illegal confinement was done due to ‘Missing Middle Name’ in Bail order
- The Allahabad High Court stated that the conduct of the Jailer was not only reprehensible but also contumacious in the case where Vinod Baruaar was refused to be release as the word ‘Kumar’ (Middle Name) was missing in his Bail order.
- The court reprimanded that conduct of Jailer and stated that flouting the court’s orders with impunity was not appreciable.
Guidelines for Functioning of Subordinate Courts/ Tribunals with effect from Jan 2, was issued by the Allahabad High Court
- Modalities/ Guidelines were issued by the Allahabad High Court on Friday with effect from 2nd Jan, would be applicable to all the Subordinate Courts including Tribunals.
- It was stated that Judicial Work and Administrative matters should be taken up, Thermal scanning check-up should be done for all persons entering the court premises and the District Judges should submit a consolidated report on the e-services module on regular basis.
Patna High Court takes Suo Moto Cognizance of alleged assault on Judicial Officer as DGP was directed to submit Action Taken Report
- The Patna High Court took Suo Moto Cognizance on the alleged assault on a Judicial Officer based on news published in the newspaper.
- The Advocate General informed the Court that no incident of firing of gun shots took place on the spot, as falsely reported in some newspapers.
Bengal village plays host to Amit Shah with live baul performance, local cuisine
- Home minister Amit Shah had his Sunday lunch with a Baul family in a remote Bengal village in Birbhum district.
- The BJP has kick started their campaign.
Maharashtra CM tells people what to do to avoid lockdown, night curfew
- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray said that people need to wear a facemark for least another six-month to stay protected from covid-19 Pandemic.
Odisha gears up to set up Rs 4,000 crore Mahanadi Riverine Port project
- The Ministry of Port, Shipping, and waterways has already agreed to the Odisha government.
- Proposal for the riverine port to be developed Pradip port Trust at an investment of Rs 4,000 crore. The project is estimated to generate employment for 6,000 people.
5-acre land, zero-energy structure: Mosque in Ayodhya’s Dhannipur village
- The UP Sunni Central Waqf Board (UPSCWB) has unveiled the blueprint of the mosque along with other building which will be constructed on the five-acre land allotted by the UP government in Dhannipur village of Ayodhya.
- If the proposed maps get the required approval from the Faizabad panchayat district board, work on the site will start immediately.
Only three periods a day, with no more than 15 students per class
- Every school will have an isolation room for children who develop cold, cough and Fever, Vidyagama scheme to be restarted on January 1 for classes 6 To 9
- Only three periods a day will be held and classes will be held for different standards on different day.
Surjewala says he was unwell to explain his absence from Saturday’s Cong. meet, claims party now united to take on Modi govt.
- The Congress leader — perceived to be close to former party chief Rahul Gandhi — claimed that the Congress was now “united” to take on the Modi government.
- “The Himalayan arrogance is the principal reason for government not stepping down to listen to the agony and anguish of India’s farmers.
Nirav Modi’s brother Nehal charged with committing $2.6 million fraud in New York
- Nehal Modi, the younger brother of fugitive diamantaire Nirav Modi has been fraudulently obtaining diamonds worth over USD 2.6 million from one of the world’s biggest diamond companies in Manhattan.
- Court record says that, between March 2015 and August 2015, Nehal, a former member of Noble Titan Holdings, made false representations to obtain over USD 2.6 million worth of diamonds from LLD Diamonds USA.
PM Modi offers prayers at Gurudwara Rakabganj
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers during his visit to the gurdwara for which no police bandobast or traffic barriers were put in place to restrict the movement of the common man.
- The mortal remains of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Sikh Guru, were consigned to flames at Gurdwara Rakabganj.
The Mexican leader spoke by phone with the US President
- Mexican President said he called US President-elect Joe Biden by phone on Saturday
- After five days he sent a tardy and somewhat chilly letter of congratulations to Biden.
China has said the Taiwan strait is the tail of US warships
- China’s military followed a US warship and it passed through Taiwan channel carefully.
- The Chinese military said such missions are very critical and as sending the flirting to supporters of Taiwan independence.
- China claimed that it is run by democratically andthey said Taiwan as it’s own territory but China got angered for US because it stepped up for China and US support for Island includes arms sales and sailing warships.
North Korea will redevelop the flagship tourist resort
- Pyongyag plans to redevelop its flagship Mount Kumgang tourist complex into an international resort
- This was planned a year after leader Kim Jong Un ordered South Korean-built building
The Pakistani government has revoked the licenses of 50 pilots
- In Islamabad, Pakistani Government said by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) that in the country insurance of 50 new pilots license should be stop immediately.
- Some involving people to get disapproval commercial license by the wake up of claimed of alleged people.
Nepal’s cabinet has dissolved parliament, with new elections schedule for April 2021
- Bidya Devi Bhandari who is the President of Nepal confirmed the proposal of the cabinet minister to dissolve the parliament.
- On Sunday morning, after Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli summoned to some people and in emergency he held the cabinet meeting.
- According to Asian Network International, the President of Nepal has announced the fresh polls in the country will be held between 30 April to 10 may in 2021.
World’s largest zoo to be set up by Reliance Industries
- The zoo will house near 100 distinct types of creatures, birds, and reptiles from India and across the world.
- It will be based on around 280-acre land, near the organization’s refinery venture at Moti Khavdi close to Jamnagar.
5 states are eligible for Rs 16,728 cr extra borrowing as they complete reforms in ease of doing business
- The FM said today five states have completed specified reforms in the ease of doing business area, can avail of extra monetary borrowings worth Rs 16,728 crore.
- The states getting these advantages are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana.
- The ease of doing business indicator mirrors the investment-friendly business atmosphere.
An official suggests, China could restrict bank tie-ups with fintech platforms
- The former FM of China proposed that China could restrict the number of banks a single fintech platform can partner with, to prevent any platform from gaining too much market share.
- China’s controllers last month warned the nation’s tech giants that they may face closer investigation.
Apple temporarily closes California stores in virus surge, some in the UK after new curbs
- Apple Inc has temporarily closed the entirety of its 53 stores in California on account of a Covid outbreak and 16 stores in the United Kingdom.
- Customers would still have the option to get existing orders for the following few days.
Thanks to rising input costs as Honda to increase vehicle prices from January, sources say
- Japanese auto major Honda plans to increase vehicle costs in India from next month and company dealers have been informed about the decision.
- A company dealer confirmed the turn of events and said the company is hiking the costs from January because of pressure on input currency impact.
Pele congratulates Messi for equalling goal record
- Goal-scoring record for a single club, Argentine forward scores his 643rd goal for Barcelona, 2-2 in Saturday’s home draw with Valencia.
- Messi, hit the breakthrough goal just before halftime.
Simranjeet, Manish strike gold; India end Cologne WC campaign with 9 medals
- Manish defeated Saskhi 3-2, while Simranjeet defeated Maya Klienhans 4-1 to finish on top in their categories.
- India came 2nd in the competition overall after claiming 3 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze medals.
Plans for Australia-India Sydney Test to go ahead as scheduled despite Coronavirus Outbreak
- No changes to schedule, inclination stays to play the match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
- 3rd game not due to begin at the SCG until January 7.
Parma 0-4 Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo At The Double As Unbeaten Champions Impress In Serie A
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus took out their exasperation on Parma as the Bianconeri,
- Ronaldo scored 2 to take his total to a league-high 12 from nine Serie A appearances.
Tiger Woods’ Son Charlie Sends Twitter Into A Frenzy With “Incredible Shots” At PNC
- 11-year-old son, Charlie, the youngest participant on this 12 month’s event.
- Many are shocked with his swings at such a young age.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE AND DEFENCE
China’s Chang’e-5 brought 1,731 grams of samples from the moon
- It was the China’s first attempt to bring the moon samples in over 40 years after the U.S. sent astronauts to the moon to collect samples.
- On Saturday ,China’s Chang’e-5 probe, which successfully returned to earth in this week and also has retrieved about 1,731 grams of samples from the moon, the country’s space agency.
World’s ugliest orchid’ among new species named in 2020
- Gastrodia agnicellus, one of 156 plants and fungal species named by Kew scientists and their partners around the world in 2020, has been crowned “the ugliest orchid in the world”.
- “The 11 mm flowers of this orchid are small, brown and rather ugly,” Kew said in its list of the top 10 discoveries of the year.
OneWeb announces launch of 36 satellites; to offer hi-speed internet in India by mid-2022
- In Russia, OneWeb launched the satellites from the Vostochny Cosmodrome. Bharti Global and U.K. government-led OneWeb and has announced the launch of 36 communications satellites.
- It aims to offer high-speed internet from its constellation of satellites in India by mid-2022, on Saturday.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates India’s first hypersonic wind tunnel test facility
- On Saturday, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, inaugurated the advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility here, making India the third country after the US and Russia to have such a facility.
- The state-of-the-art HWT Test facility is “pressure vacuum driven enclosed free jet facility having nozzle exit diameter of 1 meter and will simulate Mach No 5 to 12 (Mach represents the multiplication factor to the speed of sound)”, one defence release said.
Pakistan summons Indian diplomat after UNMO vehicle targeted along LoC
- Gaurav Ahluwalia, an Indian diplomat was summoned by Pakistan after a United Nations Military Observers (UNMO) vehicle was targeted in the country’s Chirikot sector along the Line of Control (LoC).
- The Indian diplomat Gaurav Ahluwalia was summoned to the Foreign Office (FO) here a day after the Pakistan Army accused the Indian Army of deliberately targeting the UNMO, an allegation dismissed by India as completely false, baseless and factually incorrect.