Contents of Article
Nikita murder case: Faridabad court directed to hear case on daily basis
- Magistrate has been directed to complete proceedings at the earliest possible date.
- The Faridabad session judge has directed to conduct hearing on day to day basis on heinous crime against woman in the sensational Nikita murder case.
Lawyer seeks Attorney General’s consent to initiate contempt proceedings against Kunal kamra
- Bombay based lawyer Rizwan Siddiquee has sought Attorney General KK Venugopal’s permission to initiate contempt of court proceedings against stand-up comic artist Kunal Kamra for his tweets criticising the SC.
- Siddiquee, in his letter stated that Kamra’s tweet on SC judgement amounts to “ manifest attempt to lower the authority of the SC of India’.
Delhi HC: Kejriwal government should take appropriate steps to release money to pay salaries
- The court gave the direction after govt said, it has allocated funds for three colleges to pay salaries to teachers and staff, while money has already have to one college.
- The bench said “ we don’t want to hear anything, you should provide funds to the Xcollege before November 9 so that teachers and staff are paid before Diwali”.
Bombay HC to hear Dr. Varavara Rao’s bail plea on health grounds.
- Pendyala Hemalatha, wife of 81-year old poet- activist Dr.Varavara Rao, has moved the Bombay HC seeking the release of her husband, an accused in the Bhima Koregaon violence case, on medical grounds.
- The plea contends that the detention of Rao in Talojia jail, despite his medical condition, amounts to cruelty.
Guarantee fundamental rights to citizens, Boris urged Pakistan
- During a Parliament session, British PM Boris Johnson urged Pakistan to assure its citizens the fundamental rights.
- This was in response to MP Imran Khan’s question, who asked the government to make it clear to Pakistan that state-supported persecution must end.
- Treatment of minorities by Pakistan has been slammed as these minorities continue to face persecution at the hands of the government.
COVID-19 vaccine news lifts uncertainty, says Bailey
- Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey, said that uncertainty that is holding back the economy will be lifted with the help of news about a possible effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Data published relating to recovery of Britain’s economy showed that it slowed in September. This was before new coronavirus restrictions were ordered.
- The data underscored the huge gap that still remains compared with economy’s size before the pandemic.
Biden’s path back won’t be easy or fast to the Iran Nuclear Deal
- Two years back when Trump quit the Iran nuclear deal, since then the America’s European allies have been struggling to keep the accord alive.
- Quick resuscitation won’t be provided by Biden’s victory in elections.
- National security of US was weekend due to Trump’s Iran policy.
- Biden on day one, had vowed to get on the phone with allies to begin with rebuilding strained ties. He also stated that a credible path back to democracy will be provided to Iran.
Chief of staff named by Biden, signalling reliance on trusted aides
- Reliance on trusted aides, all moderators signalled by Biden as he named Ron Klain as his Chief of staff.
- To take charge on January 20, Biden forged ahead with putting together his team and the first major personnel announcement was of Klain.
- Since Biden’s days as US Senate, Klain has been with him.
Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank Founder’s daughter granted bail in a fraud case
- Roshni Kapoor, daughter of Rana Kapoor who is founder of Yes Bank was granted bail by the Magistrate Court in the Yes Bank Fraud case.
- Last month, Roshni Kapoor was summoned by the court as she was one of the accused named in the charge sheet submitted by the CBI under the provision of the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act which was later dropped as they were unable to obtain sanction required under the act.
Ayurveda Institute to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi tomorrow
- On account of Ayurveda Day tomorrow, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that two Ayurveda institute – Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA) and Jamnagar and the National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) are to be dedicated to the nation virtually due to ingoing COVID situation.
- ITRA has been conferred as an Institution of National Importance by the Act of Parliament whereas NIA is deemed to be University by the UGC (University Grants Commission).
Paatal Lok Actor Asif Basra found dead in his home
- Asif Basra, who was recently seen in web series Pataal Lok has been found dead in his private complex in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh where he was residing since last 5 years.
- Forensic team has been investigating the matter and reportedly suicide is suspected.
Regional Stability to be hit due to increase in India-China tensions, negotiation of settlement needed – Russia
- On Thursday, Russia has stated that there has been increase of tensions between India-China which could further impact the regional stability and thus there’s need to have settlements negotiated with respect to Line of Actual Control (LOC).
- Roman Babushkin, Deputy Chief of Russia’s Mission remarked against the situation of seven month border standoff of India-China.
Adar Poonawalla’s $250 million gamble on Coronavirus Vaccine
- Adar Poonawalla who is CEO of Serum Institute of India has spoken about his gamble on COVID vaccine. According to The Washington Post, he said that he has decided to go all out and that his father was quite sceptical on his move even saying that if wants then he can blow up all his money.
- The serum institute makes more vaccine by volume annually than any company around the world.
Bengal BJP Chief welcomed with Black flags & stones at Alipurduar
- The convoy was pelted when Dilip Ghosh was going to negotiate agricultural laws with farmers in Jamalpur region
- The supporters of TMC are said to have pelted stones, although TMC denied
- There was a clash between the supporters of both the parties and after which the police had to Lathi-charge to handle the situation
Uttar Pradesh : 18 new stations to be develop for Air Quality Monitoring
- UP is all set to install 18 CAAQMS in 8 cities of the state
- AQI is effective tool for measuring air quality status
- The state possessed 25 persistent Ambient Air quality monitoring station in 13 cities including muzaffarpur and Agra
- The AQI 6 categories are Good, satisfactory, moderately polluted, poor & severe
Kerala : Police detained 4 Iran nationals on suspected Robbery charges
- Dawood, Majeed, Eynol and Mohsin arrested from Thiruvananthapuram for allegedly stealing Rs.50000 from financial institutions in cherthala
- All 4 were holding Iranian passports and they were staying in the country for more than 8 months, even two of their visa period expired
- The gang were also involved in many robberies in ATMs and financial institutions
- All 4 were transferred to cherthala police for further proceedings
Meghalaya : Top ULFA militant’s relinquished, insurgency comes to an end
- Drishti Rajkhowa along with four others relinquished before the army near the India Bangladesh border
- DGP said, Rajkhowa’s surrender marks the end of 2 decade long armed conflict in the restive Garo hills region in particular and Meghalaya in general
- Drishti Rajkhowa previously escape twice in encounter this year, also there were five to six pending cases against him
BrahMos missile agreement to be signed between India-Philippines in future summit
- India & the Philippines are all set to sign agreement on BrahMos missile in next summit
- The BrahMos team expected to visit Manila by December to resolve issues for the deal to supply missile
- Other agreements such as CDSCO, ICT, air rights are also to be signed during the meet
Stock markets looked apprehensive:
- The stock market looked a bit unpleasant after the Atmanirbhar Bharat 3.0, to help Indian economy pull out of the historic contraction. Sensex tanked close to 400 points to reach 43,160 during the day while Nifty Bank index fell by two per cent.
- The share markets opened on Thursday morning in red halting an eight-day rally. Selling pressure in banking and financial services shares were seen hugely impacting the indices.
- The previous stimulus package announced in May this year in the middle of the coronavirus lockdown did not seem to soften the economic blow punched by the pandemic respectively.
India’s Economy shrank for a second straight quarter:
- India’s economy probably shrank for a second straight quarter, according to a team of economists including Michael Patra, the central bank’s deputy governor in charge of monetary policy, pushing the country into an unprecedented recession.
- Gross domestic product contracted 8.6 per cent in the quarter ended September, the Reserve Bank of India showed in its first ever published, which is an estimate based on high-frequency data.
- If this upturn is sustained, the Indian economy will return to growth in the October-December quarter, earlier than projected respectively.
Indian shares ended for an eighth straight session:
- Hitting record highs driven by drugmaker and metal stocks, even though a dip in Reliance Industries limited gains.
- Both the indexes have gained over 9% since the start of the month and have recovered nearly 70% from their lowest level this year in March, when India first went into a lockdown to control the spread of coronavirus.
- The pandemic has played the role of a catalyst by bringing cost efficiencies and balance sheet discipline across sectors and companies.
Cabinet agrees Rs. 2 Lakhs to boost manufacturing:
- The production-linked incentives will be offered for sectors such as white goods manufacturing, pharmaceutical, specialised steel, auto, telecom, textile, food products, solar cell and battery.
- The aim of the production-linked incentive scheme is to boost manufacturing in the 10 designated sectors and make Indian manufacturers globally competitive, attract investment in the areas of core competency and cutting-edge technology, create economies of scale; enhance exports and make India an integral part of the global supply chain for the overall betterment and welfare of the society.
Indian Economy witnessing strong revival:
- Sitharaman announced relaxations in income tax rules to allow sale of primary residential units of up to Rs 2 crore value below circle rate.
- The Composite purchasing managers index (PMI) rose to 58.9 per cent in October versus 54.6 per cent in the previous month, registering the strongest increase in output in close to nine years respectively.
- RBI has predicted a strong likelihood of Indian economy returning to positive growth, and the economists say that the rebound is not only due to pent up demand but also due to strong economic growth and the revival is great.
BCCI assures to deliver a safe T20 world cup 2021
- BCCI promised to leave no stone in terms of health and safety during T20 world cup in 20201
- The BCCI will do everything possible to “innovate and adapt” itself in challenging conditions said Shah
- It will be the first global cricket event since ICC women’s T20 world cup this year
- The teams participating in this world cup is India, Pakistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Oman, Papua New Guinea and Scotland
Record 28% hike in IPL 2020 viewers
- IPL just concluded its 13th edition and saw a 28% rise in its viewers
- Unstoppable Mumbai Indians won their fifth title beating Delhi capitals on Tuesday
- After 50 games Disney said it registered a 26 per cent consumption growth across six week
- This IPL 2020 edition also marked the most games watched by an average viewer for any 60-game season
- “IPL 2020 had 326 billion minutes consumption (TV only),” said Disney
RB Leipzig to become FC Goa’s strategic partners
- ISL side FC Goa on Tuesday announced RB Leipzig as their strategy planners in a press conference for 2020 season
- RB Leipzig will be sending their experts to train FC Goa’s players through workshop
- FC Goa to send their youth players to become a part of RB Leipzig training academy in Germany
- FC Goa is the first Indian team to qualify for the group stages of AFC Champion’s league
- FC Goa looks in a great touch after new signings from all around the world for 2020 ISL season
CWC gold medalist Shreyashi Singh opts Bihar’s Jamui into a sports city
- Shreyashi Singh won a gold medal in commonwealth games in 2018
- She has now bagged a ceat from Bihar’s Jamui and has decided to make Jamui a sports city
- Singh said her important priority will be to scratch out unemployment and illiteracy from her constituency
- “Since i am an athelete, I wish to develop Jamui as a sports city,” said by Singh in an interview
- Singh won the elections by a margin of 41,049, securing 79,603 votes
DEFENCE, MED. AND TECH.
Rs 599 Fiber Basic Plus Broadband Plan with upto 60Mbps speed having 3300GB of Data introduced by BSNL.
- BSNL is sharply launching new broadband plans within the country to require on JioFiber and Airtel Xstream Fiber.
- The government-owned PSU launched a replacement ‘Fiber Basic Plus’ set up at Rs 599 taking over the Rs 499 Airtel Xstream Fiber set up. The new set up from BSNL offers an honest 60Mbps speeds and it conjointly comes with unlimited information profit.
- BSNL is launching the new set up across all the circles wherever it’s presently giving Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) services. However, the broadband set up won’t be out there in Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Additionally to launching the Rs 599 set up, the web Service supplier (ISP) conjointly created the Rs 449 set up out there across all the circles. The new set up are going to be out there for patrons from November, 2020
PUBG hints to return in India : news disclosed by the Developers.
- PUBG Mobile developers have declared that they’re going to launch a replacement game known as PUBG Mobile India to cater to Indian players.PUBG Corporation had declared that it’ll not authorise the PUBG Mobile franchise to Shenzhen-based Tencent Games in India.
- Whereas the team had declared that it might terminate access for users in India, the sport remains playable for many folks that had it put in on their golem and iOS devices.
- PUBG Corporation has declared it’s getting ready to launch a replacement game known as PUBG Mobile India that has been “created specifically for the Indian market.” The new game can maximize knowledge security for its players and cling to the native rules.
Working exhaustingly to ensure early equip of S- 400 missile systems to India says Russia.
- Russia says that they are working “very hard” to advance the availability of the S-400 surface-to-air missiles to India even if the delivery of the primary batch of the weapons system is scheduled by the starting of next year.
New Cambridge Centre aims to remodel preciseness drugs and medical specially discoveries.
- The new center at the University of Cambridge, together with AstraZeneca and GSK, aims to use AI to form medical discoveries, accelerate the event of exactitude medication, and develop new therapies.
- On Veterans’ Day, the University of Cambridge declared a five-year agreement with AstraZeneca and GSK to fund Cambridge AI in medication (CCAIM). AstraZeneca and GSK support 5 new Doctor of Philosophy students a year for 5 years. This program permits the simplest and most proficient teens in machine learning and biological sciences to partner with trade and domain leaders anyplace within the world.