Contents of Article
SC modified Telangana HC order, allows green crackers for 2 hours on Diwali
- SC modified the orders of Telangana HC which imposed a complete and immediate ban on sale and use of firecrackers across the state during Diwali.
- A vacation bench issued notice on the petition and stated that the NGT’s guidelines applied to the state of Telangana and that, it shall comply with the directions in letter and spirit.
Investigating agency cannot retain username/password of accused person’s social media platform: Karnataka HC
- Karnataka HC has held that an investigating agency can’t retain the username and password of the social media platform of the accused person during the investigation.
- The court made these observation in the judgement passed in the writ petition filed by Rakesh Shelty, the MD and editor of news channel “Power TV”.
Law student files contempt petition against Kunal Kamra
- Askand Bajpai, a fourth-year law student at New Law College, filed contempt petition against Kunal Kamra over his tweets on SC with sanction from Attorney General.
- “The contemnor stands in scarce regard of law, his intention to demean, scandalize and assault the judicial institution is evident from the series of his conduct”, says the petition.
Ensure sale and purchase of green firecrackers only: Karnataka HC
- Karnataka HC directed the state government to strictly ensure that only “green firecrackers”, containing the distinct green logo of CSIK-NEEKI and PESO, are sold across the state
- To increase awareness about “green firecrackers” the court asked to give wide publicity through various media platform.
Active Coronavirus case load of India reported to be below 4.85L
- According to latest Covid tally, India’s active caseload has dropped below 4.85L. Only 44,878 new cases of infection were reported.
- 547 deaths due to virus were reported, taking the number of total deaths to 1, 28,668. A total of 81, 15,580 people have recovered from Coronavirus so far.
At least eight Army soldiers from Pakistan were killed in firing by Indian Army in Jammu & Kashmir
- On Friday, at least 8 soldiers of Pakistani Army were killed in response to the violations of ceasefire across LoC in Jammu & Kashmir.
- According to the tweet of Defence Ministry spokesperson Pakistan had begun ceasefire violation across LoC and thus in response India Army had retaliated causing damage to their infrastructure as well as causalities across the Line of Control (LoC).
Prime Minister Modi – Statue of Swami Vivekananda will inspire everyone and give courage
- While addressing the gathered crowd present for the unveiling of Vivekananda statue through a video, Prime Minister Modi celebrated the proponent of Hindutva and also for defending the concept and belief of Hinduism globally.
- The move of installation of the statue of Swami Vivekananda was met with strong opposition of both, students as well as faculty however Modi praised them for holding their tradition of debates and viewpoints.
Scope of PM-KUSUM expanded by government to enable solar energy
- Scope of PM-KUSUM has been increased by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for harnessing solar energy by farmers.
- Guidelines of the scheme has been amended by the ministry where earlier only barren, fallow and agricultural lands were allowed however now solar power can also be put up on pasture as well as marshy lands.
West Bengal: Pakistan sponsored Al-Qaeda operatives planning an Terror attack, radicalising Bengal youth online
- Al-Qaeda operatives are planning the terror attack using sleeper cells.
- Through digital platforms, Pakistan sponsored Al-Qaeda recruiting locals in Bengal
- Many top Bengal leaders are the targets of Al Qaeda terrorist, sources said.
- Terrorist operating recruitment centres in Karachi & Peshawar in Pakistan and radicalising Bengal locals.
WHO to establish Global centre for Traditional Medicine in India
- WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced via video conferencing on the occasion of 5th Ayurveda day to set up a “Global centre for traditional medicine” in India.
- “The new centre for traditional medicine aims to support countries in developing policies and strengthen the role of traditional medicine”, WHO DG said.
- WHO DG also extol PM Modi for his commitment to universal coverage under Ayushman Bharat.
Nitish Kumar: NDA likely to conduct meeting on Sunday to elect leader
- NDA will stake claim to form the government on November 15 at 12:30.
- All four elected legislative partners in the coalition to be present in the meeting on Sunday.
- Other crucial decisions regarding the alliance will also be taken at meeting.
Delhi: AQI expected to hit ‘severe’ category on Diwali
- Currently, the Delhi AQI is very poor & expected to hit worse.
- The government has taken several preventive measures to control air pollution ahead of Diwali.
- The Green Tribunal foist the ban on the use and sale of firecrackers in Delhi from midnight of Nov 9 to midnight of Nov 30.
Zambia on the edge of defaulting on foreign debt
- Last month’s payment of over $40m was missed by Zambia, bringing it closer to defaulting on the foreign debt.
- On Friday, the grace period will expire, making it the only African country to have defaulted on foreign debt since the pandemic.
- There was pre-existing financial pressure as Zambia struggled with $12bn external debt load.
- This was aggravated by pandemic.
Investments in ‘Chinese military companies’, barred by US
- An order banning American investments in Chinese military companies has been issued by President Trump.
- China in the order, is accused of financing the development and modernisation of its military by increasingly exploiting the US investors.
- As the order goes into effect in January, the biggest publicly-listed firms of China can be affected by this.
Trade deal to be signed by Asian leaders this weekend
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is due to be signed by Asian leaders.
- The deal has been nearly a decade in making.
- The new free trade zone will be bigger than European Union as well as US-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
- Owing to concerns over lower tariffs that could hurt local producers, India pulled out last year from the negotiations.
- It is expected that the pact within 20 years will eliminate a range of tariffs on imports.
Majority in Myanmar elections won by Suu Kyi’s party
- National League for Democracy (NLD), Myanmar’s ruling party won the elections.
- 322 seats needed to form next government, NLD secured 346.
- A re-run of the elections is demanded by military-backed opposition claiming errors of neglect in voters list and violation of laws, however, so far has not offered evidence.
- The offer of inviting ethnic minority was not made by the party in last year’s victory, but has announced that it would invite them this year to work with the party.
- Although NLD remains to be popular at homes but after Suu Kyi’s response to the crisis, it has faced worldwide criticism.
Fraud claims by Trump rejected by US election security officials
- Rejecting Trump’s fraud claims, US election officials said that in the entire American history, the 2020 White House elections was the most secure.
- After Trump claimed that almost a 2.7 million votes for him have been deleted and gave no proof backing his claims, the committee said there was no evidence proving deletion, change or compromise of votes.
Silver and Gold prices rose as festival buying:
- The prices of Gold on Friday rose Rs 241 to Rs 50,425 per 10 gram on festival buying on account of the auspicious occasion of Dhanteras and Diwali which has special importance.
- The precious metal had closed at Rs 50,184 per 10 gram in the previous trade. Silver also gained Rs 161 to Rs 62,542 per kg, compared with Rs 62,381 per kg on Thursday a report confirmed.
The spice for Coriander Delivery rose:
- The price of Coriander on Friday rose Rs 10 to Rs 6,572 per quintal in futures trade as speculators widened their holdings tracking firm trend at the spot market.
- The spice for delivery in December went up by Rs 12, or 0.18 per cent to Rs 6,626 per quintal with an open interest of 3,950 lots, a market analyst said.
- A firm trend in spot market and restricted supplies from producing regions pushed up coriander prices respectively.
Refined Soya Oil prices rose:
- Refined soya oil prices on Tuesday rose by Rs 2.4 to Rs 973 per 10 kg in futures trade as speculators raised their bets.
- Refined soya oil contracts for December delivery gained Rs 4.7, or 0.45 per cent, to Rs 1,040.1 per 10 kg in 51,580 lots.
- Analysts said widening of positions by traders mainly helped refined soya oil prices to trade higher in futures market increasing their demand.
Soyabean predicts rise on it’s marketing:
- The Soyabean prices on Thursday went high and sees immense profits in future market as traders created fresh positions tracking positive spot demand.
- On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, soybean for November delivery rose by Rs 40, or 0.9 per cent, to Rs 4,466 per quintal with an open interest of 13,395 lots respectively.
- Marketmen said raising of said raising of fresh positions by speculators on the back of higher demand mainly led to rise in soybean prices which is giving high demand for the same in the sale sector.
Krunal Pandya was carrying undeclared watches: Intel Agency DRI
- Krunal Pandya was detained at the T2 International airport by the DRI for possession of gold and expensive watches
- There was a tip to the DRI that Pandya was Carrying expensive watches and gold worth 1cr INR
- These golds and watches a were not included in the customs list
- Imported luxury watches can attract duty upto 38.5% of value in excess of duty free allowance
- Krunal Pandya is the elder brother of India’s all rounder Hardik Pandya
Messi Denied as Argentina held in World Cup Qualifying
- Messi’s goal was disallowed and another denied as Argentina drew 1-1 against Paraguay.
- This draw puts Argentina at the top of the standings with seven points ahead of Brazil.
- Messi gave Argentina lead in the 57th min which was disallowed by the referee.
- Messi nearly scored a freekick 14 mins later in the game.
- Di-Maria came as a substitute but was unable to produce a goal for Argentina.
UEFA Nations league: Marcus Rashford ruled out for England due to injury
- Rashford was withdrawn from the English squad due to an injury confirmed by the Football Association.
- Rashford was in the squad picked up by Gareth Southgate.
- The 23-year old completed the match at Goodison Park,but went down holding his shoulder.
- The FA have now confirmed that Rashford will not be a part in upcoming UEFA Nations league fixtures against Belgium and Iceland.
- Conor Coady and Marcus Rashford will miss all the November International fixtures.
Hamilton Edges closer to seventh F1 title, sets up Contract talks
- Hamilton can seal a record equaling seventh driver’s world title.
- A seventh championship would draw him level with Massa’s erstwhile Ferrari team-mate Michael Schumacher.
- “Lewis can really be the best of the best and everyone will say that for year,” F1 natiom podcast.
- Hamilton will be champion again if he beats Bottas, who trails him by 85 points with four races remaining.
- If he wins on Sunday he can still take the title by finishing second and clocking fastest lap.
Magnificent Daniil Medvedev beats Alexander Zverev to win Paris masters
- Daniil Medvedev claimed his first Paris masters at Bercy arena on Sunday by battling back Alexander Zverev.
- Both players will now turn their attention to the ATP Tour finals in London.
- Medvedev had a season with many ups and downs but eventually got what he wanted.
- “Before this tournament he was very sad about his form complaining about his game but the end was fine,” said Daniil Medvedev.
- The world number five outlasted the US open runner up in a near-empty Bercy arena.