Prolawctor Daily News Update
Contents of Article
PIL in SC seeking for the discontinuation of online classes for children in lieu of protecting them from “obnoxious materials available on the internet”
A plea was moved before the SC for the immediate discontinuation of the online classes for small children until the formulation of comprehensive guidelines for hosting of classes in a completely encrypted and safeguarded manner.
The plea seeks to ensure the threat to small children being exposed to “highly suggestive and obnoxious materials available on the internet”. The petition further implies the education being compromised by the economically weaker children.
The Delhi HC directs an Insurance Company to provide a similar alternative insurance plan in lieu of discontinuation of a previous Insurance Policy
The petitioners argued through the civil writ petition that the Company had without prior notice discontinued their (i.e., petitioners’) plan and asked them to take up a new insurance plan having the premium amount of about 8 times higher than the existing one.
The Delhi HC has therefore directed the Company to provide a similar alternative plan to the petitioners, with approximately the same coverage and the same premium.
10,142 pending cases and 803 Pre-litigation cases disposed of and an amount of Rs. 191.19 crores settled by amicable settlements in the E-Lok Adalat
A state-wide E-Lok Adalat was organized across the State of Gujarat including at HC and all the District and Taluka Courts; on 26th September, 2020 under the auspices of the HC of Gujarat and the GSLSA.
According to a Press Release issued by the HC, around 10,142 pending cases and 803 pre-litigation cases have been disposed of, and the total outcome of E-Lok Adalat came to be around 10,945 cases. In addition, a total amount of Rs. 191.19 crores was settled through amicable settlements between the parties.
The Delhi HC has directed the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to undertake stern measures to prevent stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana & UP
The direction seeks to use all the measures seeking immediate stoppage of further farmlands by the farmers in the above states. It further seeks to send a team of experts in these states to ensure effective implementation of measures to prevent stubble burning.
It was further mentioned that stubble burning may make the residents of national capital more susceptible to coronavirus.
The Patna HC directed the State Government to clarify the steps undertaken by it to ensure reservation of Transgender community in educational field
Considering the vulnerable position of transgender community people due to the outbreak of pandemic coronavirus, the Court asked the State to clarify certain points in this regard;
The non-establishment of the proposal for setting up of a separate HIV Surveillance Centre.
The unknown outcome of the recommendations and the suggestions made by the two committees (which were formed in the meeting by the Bihar Kalyan Board on 21.03.2018) for the welfare of the members of the community.
The undisclosed details of the process of sensitization and the issues faced by the transgender community members. The unclear steps taken by the authorities in relation to the reservation of transgender community people in educational field or services field.
Delhi HC’s issuance of a notice seeks modifying Court’s order directing extension of interim bail granted to prisoners considering the present situation of COVID-19 pandemic
- The modification comes as a result of misuse of the Court’s order by certain prisoners convicted of heinous crimes.
- The modification seeks to automatically extend the interim bail granted to prisoners in light of the pandemic for another 45 days.
The NLU Consortium released that it has successfully conducted CLAT 2020 on 28th September, 2020 with 86.2% attendance :
It has further mentioned that the exam was free of technical glitches and a Grievance Committee was constituted to look into such matters if any. It further added that the exam was student friendly by giving them the chance to review their answers and there were no negative marking scheme.
The Consortium also mentioned the result declaration date will be on October 5, 2020 and the admission process will be completed accordingly on October 14, 2020.
Delhi HC Judge Suresh Kumar Kait directs not to share the links for video conferencing with persons not connected with the case concerned
The Court has ordered sharing of the video conference links with only the advocates concerned with the particular case, investigating officer, parties in person in case.
The order comes in order to ensure peaceful environment and atmosphere in virtual proceedings and to prevent avoidable hindrances and chaos during the court proceedings and therefore ensure the strict adherence to code of conduct in the court proceedings.
US President paid $750 only in federal income tax
- Donald Trump, US President paid only $750 in federal income tax.
- It was his first year in the White House.
- Trump disagrees with the reports.
Ardent Leisure Group fined $3.6 million
- The operator of Australia’s Dreamworld theme park, Ardent Leisure Group to pay fine $3.6 million.
- Four people died on malfunctioning of the pump near the end of the water ride and two children survived.
Uber wins London License
- Uber wins the London court appeal.
- Allows the US ride-hailing giant to operate in the capital for 18 months.
- The judge ruled it as fit and proper firm notwithstanding safety concerns.
Ambassadors expressed support for LGBT
- Ambassadors, other 50 countries and International organizations have conveyed their support for the LGBT community in the country, Poland.
- Aiming for non-discrimination, tolerance and mutual acceptance.
Catalonia’s regional president to be barred
- Supreme Court of Madrid, Spain has ruled to remove Quim Torra, the Catalan regional President.
- He was Catalan lawyer and journalist from Spain, the President from 2018-2020.
- He is banned from office by the court.
Taiwan Got Rare Win
- Chinese were claiming Taiwanese cities as a part of China
- Taiwan officials outraged after the Brussels-based Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy has started listing on their website six Taiwan cities belonging to China
- With the help of European Union Taiwan got this rare win amid growing Chinese pressure and the global alliance of mayors stopped referring Taiwanese Cities as part of China
Catalonia’s Leader Banned from Office
- Spain’s top court has been banned Quim Torra from holding public office by Span’s top court
- He disobeyed a court order of removing the banner
- The ban is of 18 months
G20 Summit will be Held Virtually
- Saudi Arabia revealed that G20 leaders’ summit will be held on November 21-22
- It has contributed more than $21 billion to support the production, distribution and access to diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines
- The aim of the summit will be protecting lives and restoring growth
Shehbaz Sharif: Pakistan’s Opposition Leader Arrested
- National Accountability Bureau arrested him in a case of money laundering of 309 crore Indian Rupees
- He was arrested after the rejection of his bail application by Lahore High Court
- He is younger brother of Pakistan’s Ex. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
Parents of students of top private school alleged the increased of fees
Parents’ alleged steep fees hike in the national capital in top private schools by the authorities despite there was a restriction by govt. on this issue of not raising till reopening of schools.
Directorate of Education is approached by parents against the move of DPS RK Puram & alleged disparities in fee structure in its two branches. It is said by one of the parent that school has increased the tuition fees and some dubious heads are mentioned in the new receipts such as operational charges & maintenance charges.
Farm laws protest : Congress MP from Kerala moved SC challenging the constitutional validity
As protest is being carried out against the contentious new farm laws, a Kerala Congress MP moved SC challenging constitutional validity of one of the Acts.
Lok Sabha MP from Thrissur alleged that Farmers Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020 is violative of Articles 14, Article 15 and Article 21 of Indian Constitution. It is also argued by him that the law which accorded presidential assent is liable to be struck down as unconstitutional, illegal and void.
He filed a plea through his lawyer. New laws are intended to provide a national framework for farming agreements which is to protect & empower farmers as they are engaged with agri-business and food processing firms, wholesalers, exporters and large retailers for farm services & others.
Complaint registered against BJP leader Anupam Hazra who said would hug Mamata Banerjee if gets infected with Covid
- A complaint has been registered against BJP national secretary Anupam Hazra who said that will hug CM of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee if infected with Covid-19.
- This complaint was filed by Siliguri unit of the ruling party after Hazra made such comment at a party programme in South 24 Parganas.
- A rally was also held against BJP leader.
- TMC leader condemned such insane remarks & said it only reflects their mindset and these words or statements could only come from a BJP leader.
Akali Dal walks out of NDA over farm bills
- As Akali Dal walking out of NDA over farm bills, Shiv Sena wonders if BJP-led alliance really exists & asks that who are in the coalition now.
- Saamana who is editorial said that no effort was made to stop when Badals left.
- The editorial also said that few had said ‘ram-ram’ to this venture & so there is no Ram left in NDA which has now lost two lions which are Akali Dal and Sena.
- It was said that NDA is formed to give strong alliance at national level against Congress. Many ups and downs were seen by alliance over the years and many other parties quit it as per their convenience.
UPSC says civil service exams cannot be delayed
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) says that the postponement of civil service exam is not possible.
- The civil service exams are scheduled to be held on October 4th.
- The issue was appeared before the bench of Justice A.M. Khanwilkar in the Supreme Court.
- The counsel appeared for UPSC Naresh Kaushik said that the exams cannot be postponed because of the pandemic issue.
Congress slammed for burning tractors by Javadekar
- The minister of Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar criticized Congress party for their workers burned tractors at the India Gate.
- He also said that the party is leading the farmers in the wrong way regarding the 3 new bills.
- He also added that the congress party has promised the same rules in their 2019 election manifesto.
- The Congress leader Rahul Gandi said that the bills are the death sentence to the farmers.
UN award won by Kerala
- Kerala won UN award for its contribution towards the prevention of non- communicable disease related SDGs.
- This year UNIATF award was announced by WHO.
- This award recognizes achievements during 2019 related to prevention and control of NCDs, mental health & NCD – related SDGS.
Raise 2020 summit organized by NITI Aayog & MEITY
- A virtual summit on AI ,Raise 2020 will be organized by NITI Aayog and MEITY
- It is responsible AI for social empowerment 2020, from October 5-9, 2020.
- It will help in exchange of ideas chart course for using AI for social transformation inclusion & government.
Maharashtra bans sale of loose cigarettes
Maharashtra is India’s first country to ban sale of loose cigarettes. It is helpful in ensuring that customer will see the graphical and public health warnings that are mandated on cigarettes packaging.
Radio Pathshala program launched by. Odisha government
- This radio program has been launched for students up to class 8
- This audio will also be uploaded on online Diksha platform.
- 15 min daily program will be broadcast from AIR station.
Coal India ltd. invites global bids for setting up Coal to methanol plant
Coal India ltd. has floated global tender inviting bids to select Build Own Operate operator for setting up coal to methanol plant.
Union Health Ministry launches a vaccine web portal
On Monday, Union Health ministry launched a web portal that will you get all indispensable information of ongoing corona vaccine development. The data in the vaccine portal contains Indian efforts towards the development of a vaccine against covid-19. Interested people can visit above link to get information on development of vaccine.
Three Chinese Banks takes action against Anil Ambani
The Industrial and Commercial bank of China, Export-Import Bank of China and the China Development Bank are seeking to recover debts to tune of $716 million or nearly Rs. 5,300 crore.
Highest run chase in IPL by Rajasthan Royals
In the highest run chase in the IPL history Rajasthan Royals chased a gigantic score of 224. In a high octane scoring match kings XI Punjab posted a score of 223 with a century from Mayank Aggarwal and half century from Captain KL Rahul.
Rajasthan Royals chased it while remaining 3 balls. Sanju Samson, Steve Smith and Rahul Tewatiya played crucial half centuries while Tewatiya’s 6 sixes of seven balls ensured the win in the last three overs.
Wawrinka crushed Murray
Stan Wawrinka defeated Andy Murray in an exciting match that he won one sided by 6-1, 6-3, 6-2. It was the worst loss for Murray.
Leicester defeated Manchester City
Leicester City submitted their consecutive third win in the premier league with the win over Manchester City. Jamie Vardy scored a hat-trick in a 5-2 win over Manchester City.
- Bayern Munich suffered their first defeat by Hoffenheim after a 23 match winning streak.
- Hoffenheim crushed Bayern Munich by 4-1 giving them their first defeat in 10 months.