Prolawctor Daily News Update| 21 September 2020
Prolawctor Daily News Update
The Supreme Court allows the BS-IV complaint vehicles purchased before 31st March, to be registered
The SC has allowed the registration of BS-IV complaint Public Utility Vehicles which have been purchased before 31st March and to be subject to scrutiny by Environment Pollution Control Authority.
The Bench upholding the judgment observed the registration of three types of vehicles for usage as essential public utility services, i.e.,
- CNG vehicles
- BS-IV complaint vehicles
- BS-VI complaint vehicles.
The Punjab & Haryana HC has directed the Haryana DGP to implement D.K. Basu Case guidelines for Police
In order to control the protests by the farmers of Punjab and Haryana against the three agricultural ordinances, the Punjab and Haryana HC has directed the Haryana DGP to implement the Police Guidelines as mentioned in the SC laid down judgment in the D.K. Basu Case.
The SC has therefore in lieu of preventing Custodial Violence, decided to revive the D.K. Basu Case Guidelines.
The Bombay HC by setting aside the conviction made by the Trial Court, held the acquittal of 6 accused in the Goa blast case of 2009
Pertaining to the failure of the prosecution to establish the involvement of the accused in a conspiracy upholding the Goa Blast Case of 2009, the Bombay HC ordered the acquittal of the 6 accused.
The Bombay HC set aside the conviction done by the Trial Court where the 6 accused were charged under various provisions of IPC, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and Explosive Substances Act.
The Gauhati HC dismissed the plea against the order passed by a Judicial Magistrate for making a Judicial Magistrate and the HC and its Registry as Respondents
The plea of a petitioner was dismissed by the Gauhati HC for making the Judicial Magistrate and the HC and its Registry as Respondents.
The Bench of Chief Justice Ajai Lamba held that;
“The protection available under the Judges (Protection) Act, 1985 is absolute and is available not only to a sitting Judge but also to an Ex-Judge in respect of the actions taken or words spoken by him while discharging his official or judicial functions.”
The plea was therefore in violation of Section 3 of the Judges (Protection) Act, 1985 and was dismissed by the Court in addition with a fine of Rs. 10,000/-.
Pertaining to technical glitches in online examinations, the Gujarat HC allowed a failed student to take up the next phase of exams
The Single Bench of Justice Sangeeta K. Vishen observed that “when working with the technology, technical glitches cannot be ruled out and must be taken into consideration.”
Owing to the above observation, the Gujarat HC allowed a failed student (as declared by the University) to take the next phase of exams.
The SC held that a writ petition under Article 227 of the Constitution of India can be entertained only when there is perversity in the order
The SC has observed that a writ petition under Article 227 of the Constitution of India which is filed against dismissal of a petition under Section 16 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act can be entertained only when there is perversity in the order which leads to a patent lack of inherent jurisdiction.
The Sudarshan TV seeks the stay order granted by the SC on the telecast of the remaining episodes of the disputed show to be vacated
The Sudarshan News TV has filed an additional affidavit in SC wherein the Editor-In-Chief of Sudarshan TV, Suresh Chavhanke had stated that he will abide and comply by the programming code and directions of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting strictly.
It therefore seeked the SC to vacate the stay order on the telecast of the remaining episodes of the disputed show “Bindas Bol”.
A PIL has been moved in the SC seeking the establishment of “gender neutral and religion neutral” laws for succession and inheritance
A PIL was filed in the SC owing to the establishment of “gender neutral and religion neutral uniform grounds of succession and inheritance” for all the citizens of India.
It contained the very spirit of Articles 14, 15, 21 and 44 of the Constitution of India and the provisions of International Conventions.
Berlin on Roads to Support Greece Refugees
- Thousands of people marched in Berlin demanding from government to do more help refugees stuck in Greece
- Moria camp was set on fire where more than 12,000 refugees and migrants were residing. According to government the fire was set deliberately by a small group of migrants.
- Thousands of people slept on roads because of the blazes
A Woman will be Nominated as a Supreme Court Judge as Promised by Trump
- As article 2 of American Constitution says that the President shall nominate justices of Supreme Court of America. So, Trump will announce the name of new justice.
- There are nine justices in US Supreme Court
- The new justice will replace late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Thousands of People on Roads in Thailand
- They were asking for the reforms in political system, including monarchy
- They declared victory on 20 September after handing their demands to Bangkok Authorities
- Around 15000 people were included in the rally
No Ban on WeChat?
- A US judge has blocked the ban of WeChat by saying that the ban raised serious questions related to constitution’s first amendment
- The Trump Administration has already banned WeChat in USA by giving the reason that it is a threat to national security
Blaze at one of Africa’s oldest universities
- Fire destroyed the Ivory Tower, the iconic building at Makerere University.
- It was the administration building.
- It is a prominent lodestar in Uganda.
US claims Iran to be reinstated
- The global allies, International community and adversaries are against.
- Washington to pronounce UN sanctions back in effect on Tehran.
- US isolating from the Permanent Members and other UNSC members over this.
Letter carrying Ricin super scribed to the US President
- Package containing ricin poison addressed to Donald Trump.
- Impeded before it outreaches the White House.
- The letter was perceived at an examination for White House mail.
- Ricin, a highly potent toxin is a lectin produced in the seeds of castor oil plant.
Multiple strikes on Taliban
- The Afghan Airforce stroked Taliban multiple times
- More than 30 insurgent fighters, 2 commanders were killed
- Ashraf Ghani, the President of Taliban called for a ceasefire.
Rajya Sabha clears 2 of 3 Farm Bills amid Protest from opposition and some section of farmers
The bill will enable farmers to freely trade their produce anywhere in the country.
Bill doesn’t abolish government collection of produce at MSP
Grand ICT Challenge for smart supply measurements and monitoring system under Jal Jeevan Mission launched
National Jal Jeevan Mission in partnership with Ministry of electronics and information technology has launched ICT grand challenge.
It help to create the solutions which will help to develop smart water supply measurements and monitoring system at village level.
The aim of JJM is to provide tap water to connection rural households by 2024.
To resume Joint coordinated border patrolling India and Bangladesh has agreed
- This is done to reduce criminal activities like narcotics on the border.
- 4-day conference was convened in Dhaka the capital of Bangladesh.
- During 50th DG level conference of the border guarding force of Indian and Bangladesh this decision was taken.
Under cyber security head to probe china watching government sets up groups
- An expert committee is set up by government under the National Cyber Security Coordinator Rajesh Pant.
- The work of the committee will be to evaluate the implications of digital surveillance by data information technology co. limited and to access any violation of law.
- This committee will submit its recommendations in thirty days.
Recommendation of 8 Indian beaches for blue Flag international eco- label
- Newly launched India’s own eco- label is BEAMS.
- 19th September is observed as International Coastal clean- up day.
- Blue Flag certification is a globally recognized eco- label accorded by International agency Foundation for Environment Education, Denmark which is based on 33 stringent criteria in 4 major heads.
New bill passed by Lok Sabha to amend Companies Law
- Amendment held in 48 sections of Companies Act, 2013.
- Reduction of Burden on small companies due to the decriminalization under Companies Law said – Nirmala Sitharaman
- There are currently around 124 penal. Provisions compared to 134 in 2013 under the Companies Act.
- Stressing on “Injury to Public Interest or Deceit” said – Nirmala Sitharaman.
IPO to open Chemcon Specialty Chemical on September 21
- Fresh issuance of equity share amounting 165 Crore.
- Sale of 45 lakh equity shares by promoters.
- The Vadodara based company has fixed the price bond at 338-340 per share.
- Investors will be eligible to bid for a minimum 1 lot of 44 shares.
- Minimum application money for retail investor will be 14,960.
Diesel price rises up to 25 paise on Sunday
- Diesel price increases from 71.58/l to 71.82/l – Indian Oil Cooperation said.
- Domestic fuel prices are determined by factors such as the rates of global crude oil in the rupee dollar currency.
- Majority of fuel station in country account for Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum.
- On Friday, the global benchmark for crude oil fell 0.35 to settle at $ 43.15 per barrel in range of $ 42.53 – 43.80 be session.
- Bank and Non-Banking financial institution are required to maintain capital as per Prudential Capital adequacy norms on ongoing basis.
- Public and private sector banks to build up adequate buffers.
- Impact of lockdown may result in higher non-performing assets and capital erosion of banks.
- 20,000 Crores towards recapitalization of public sector during current fiscal.
In the match between Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab, DC beats KXIP in super over.
Chennai super kings defeated Mumbai Indians in the first match of the IPL this year. Mumbai Indians scored and gave a target of 162
Emirates cricket board and BCCI inks MoU
The Emirates cricket board has signed a Memorandum of association with BCCI and a hosting agreement to boost cricket ties between both of the countries.
Djokovic in last 4 in Rome masters
Number one ranked Novak Djokovic defeated in a challenging match against Dominik Kuepfer by 6-3, 4-6,6-3. With this win he reached the semifinals of the Rome masters.