Prolawctor Daily News Update
Centre notifies amendment in the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
The notified amendment inserts Chapter IX in the Rules in order to deal with examination of Good Samaritan and Enquiry.
The provision aims at the protection of such Good Samaritan from the liability of any civil or criminal action for any injury to or death of the victim of an accident involving a motor vehicle, where such injury or death resulted from the Good Samaritan’s negligence in acting or failing to act while rendering emergency medical or non-medical care or assistance. It therefore provides the rights and procedure of examination of such Good Samaritan.
Central Government notifies the Taxation & Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Act, 2020 :
The Act aims at easing time limit on compliance with tax laws, GST payment, filing, etc., amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Act further seeks to amend 8 legislations;
- Wealth-tax Act, 1957
- Income Tax Act, 1961
- Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988
- 3 Finance Acts
- Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015
- Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Act, 2020.
The Central Government has notified 3 Labour Codes
The 3 Labour Codes are;
- Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions Code, 2020
- The Industrial Relations Code, 2020
- The Code on Social Security, 2020
The 3 codes are part of the 4 codes that consolidate 29 central labour laws. These 3 Bills seek to relax labour laws to ease operational requirements for the industries while introducing social security for all workers, including inter-state migrants and unorganized workers.
Delhi HC has ordered continuation of extension of the restrictive functioning of the Courts till October 8, 2020 due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
- In lieu of the rising COVID-19 cases, the Delhi HC has ordered to extend the restrictive functioning till October 8.
- In furtherance of the above order, the number of Benches for conducting physical hearings has been reduced to 3.
The Tripura HC observed that it was unfortunate to enforce the COVID-19 norms through coercive measures
Taking into account the rising coronavirus cases and careless and negligent attitude of the people, the Court directed the State Government to impose penalty on the people violating and breaching the following of the COVID-19 norms.
It therefore held that these norms which primarily include wearing of masks and maintaining social distancing, would now be have to be enforced coercively.
Delhi HC decides to conduct interviews of lawyers for ‘Senior Advocate’ designation through video-conferencing
The above decision comes in lieu of increasing coronavirus cases in the National Capital.
The notice was issued by the Secretary, Committee for Designation of Senior Advocates to conduct the interviews of lawyers for the ‘Senior Advocate’ designation through video-conferencing.
Delhi HC clarifies the it does not hold advisory jurisdiction to provide legal advice to parties in applications moved under Section 151 of the C.P.C.
Clarifying that the Court is not vested with the advisory jurisdiction to provide legal advice to parties in applications filed under Section 151 of the Civil Procedure Code, the Division Bench of the Court further advised the petitioner to seek the opinion of Justice Endlaw after he demits office on August 13, 2021.
Karnataka HC gives allowance to the VTU to hold Special Chance examinations for the 8th semester students through offline mode
Taking into consideration the vastness of the examination and that the Visvesaraya Technological University (VTU) would not be technically feasible to hold online exams, the Karnataka HC has allowed the University to hold the Special Chance examinations for the eighth semester students via offline mode.
Marine F-35, US fighter jet crashes
- The US fighter jet, Marine Corps F-35 crashed in imperial country, California.
- The wing of Marine KC-130 refueling tanker clipped during mid-air refueling.
- The pilot ejected safely and KC-130 carried out safe emergency landing.
Fighter jet broke sound barrier in Paris
- Sound rattled windows and was heard across the city, people assumed blast.
- The police confirmed the sound was result of jet breaking sound barrier and not a blast.
Cattle slaughter banned in Sri Lanka
- The Buddhist majority country, Sri Lanka banned cattle slaughtering.
- Plans to import beef for those who consume at a concessional rate.
- Cow is considered to be sacred.
Earthquake strikes Taiwan’s East Coast
- Taipei buildings swaying after the earthquake.
- The coast of Taiwan struck off by an earthquake.
- Magnitude 5.9 hits Taiwan’s east coast at a depth of 106 kilometers.
Wild animals to be ban in circuses of France
- A gradual ban on using wild animals in travelling circuses, announced by environment minister of France.
- Aims to keep dolphins and killer whales in captivity in marine parks and on raising mink on fur farms.
Nigeria’s 40 minute COVID Testing Kit
- Nigeria has developed a COVID-19 testing kit which can give results in 40 minute
- The kit is yet to be approved by regulatory bodies
- This can faster the slow testing rate of country
- The name of the kit is SARS-COV-2
Crisis in Venezuela has Triggered Protests
- Protests are being done in the country since past few days over shortage of fuel, drinking water and frequent power cuts
- Citizens are saying that the government is neglecting their interior issues
- Venezuela is under crisis for many years but the pandemic has worsened the situation
- One in every three Venezuelan is struggling for to get enough to meet the minimum requirement of nutrition
Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad Al-Sabah: Kuwait’s New Emir
- He is a crowned prince of Kuwait
- He will replace his half-brother Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah
- Sheikh Sabah died at 91 on 29 September
National Law University Delhi has released provisional answer key for AILET :
NLU Delhi released question booklet and answer key for All India Law Entrance Test .The candidates who had appeared in entrance can download the answer key through its official website “nludelhi.ac.in”.
Link to challenge answer key is to be opened by 5 pm as candidates are allowed to raise questions on answer key till today. The master question booklets along with provisional master answer keys are uploaded on links.
The final answer key is to be released which will scrutinize the suggestions or grievances on provisional answer key & result will be made available at official website.
Coronavirus vaccine tracker: Elon Musk said will not take it’s vaccine shot
The man who is behind celebrated innovative enterprises like Tesla and SpaceX -Elon Musk said that he and his family will not take COVID vaccine even if it comes available.
He also said that work at SpaceX is not interrupted during this pandemic & had national security clearance as were doing work of national security & they sent astronauts to the space station.
World Bank had revealed that they are hoping to come up with $12 billion financing plan to help poorer and countries which are developing to access vaccines when they will become available. WHO-led initiative was to ensure that everyone will get equitable access to vaccine when it will become available is struggling to take off in absence of adequate funds.
PM Modi targets opposition for protests against new farm laws
PM Modi targeted opposition for protests against new farm laws & said that those people are neither with farmer nor with youth & nor with soldiers.Modi said that people who opposed & protested have become irrelevant for both country & society.
Modi who spoke at inauguration of 6 projects which related to Namami Ganga mission in Uttarakhand also said that independence of farmer is opposed & people by setting on fire the goods & equipment which farmers worship are insulting farmers.
Youth Congress workers from Punjab had set a tractor on fire near India Gate.
Aarogya Setu is compulsory | COVID – 19
- In the guidelines released for the workers by State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) made it is compulsory for them to use the Aarogya Set application.
- The rules said that the cigarettes should be prohibited and the violations of the social distancing.
- The health minister Dr. Harsha Varthan and labour employment minster Mr. Santhosh Kumar released the guidelines booklet in English and Hindi.
- They asked for the installation of the CCTV cameras and followed the guidelines to maintain the safe work place.
SC and ST crimes gave a rise in 2019
- The crime rate increases of 26 percent and 7 percent against the Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes respectively in the last year.
- On Wednesday, this report was published by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
- The Rape cases against the SC women were also increased which shows the 7.3 percent increase rate.
- The increase of 6.3 percent was recorded in Cybercrimes.
Advani says “Jai shree Ram” after held crimeless
- On being vindicated in the demolition case of Babri mosque Mr L.K. Advani said “Jai shree Ram”.
- He said it was his belief and dedication towards ‘Ram Janmabhoomi Movement made him guilt free.
- He was released with the other 31 accused persons in this case.
- He said this was another landmark verdict.
YSR jala kala scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh CM
- YSR jala kala scheme was launched by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- This scheme will ensure that bore wells are dug free of cost to the needy farmers.
- This scheme will bring 5 lakh acres under cultivation through groundwater irrigation.
Defence India startup challenge-4 ( Disc-4) launched by Defence Minister
- Disc-4 launched by Defence Minister during iDEX event.
- This aims at expanding the horizons of innovation for Defence excellence.
- iDEX 4 fauji initiative & product management approach guidelines were also launched by him.
Operation My Saheli launched by South Eastern Railway
- Operation my Saheli launched by South Eastern Railway will help in providing security to women passengers from originating point to destination.
- Under the framework of the Nirbhaya fund this project has been executed and it does not involve any expenditure under the head of railways.
Livelihood generation programme launched by state of Nagaland
- A dedicated online portal livelihood generation programme for returned migrant workers due to Covid-19 is launched by state of Nagaland.
- This scheme will help in providing awareness and re-orientation program, re-skilling and other beneficiaries.
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas permitted to develop capacity storage:
Centre’s demand to increase storage capacity of crude and petroleum products from existing 74 days to 90 days.
On Tuesday, Union Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan of Petroleum and Natural Gas has invited companies to develop 6.5 million tonnes of crude storage capacities across the country.
The government has already given ‘in-principle’ to build the two capacity storage under the public-private partnership model at Chandikhol, Odisha (4 MT) and Padur, Karnataka (2.5 MT).
Mukesh Ambani is top listed in the Richest Indian List:
Mukesh Ambani is only Indian who is world’s top 5 richest persons. He earned Rs 90 crore per hour since lockdown.
Tax Department extended the deadline of payments of income tax:
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) gives an order to extend the deadline for filing income tax returns for 2018-19 by two months till November 30 in the view of the genuine difficulties being faced by the taxpayers due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
SRH won their first match this IPL:
SUNRISERS Hyderabad won their first match over Delhi capitals. Bairstow, Williamson and Warner played crucial inning in the match. Delhi struggled from the very beginning. But never maintain continuity. It was also their first loss.
Amelia Kerr dates in New Zealand win:
New Zealand prevented whitewash by defeating Australia. Amelia Kerr stared in the win by taking 3 wickets in the T20 international match.
Serena Williams pulled out of French Open :
Serena Williams who entered with the Achilles tendon injury has pulled out of now from the French Open because of the injury. She won the first two match but because of injury she now has withdrew.