Contents of Article
Supreme Court stays Retributive punishment for not wearing masks
- Supreme Court stays Gujarat High Court order that made it mandatory to send people who violated covid preventive measures to community service at Covid centers.
- Justice shah, exclaimed how these incidents repeatedly happens even though the fine was Rs.1000 for not wearing masks in Gujarat.
State seeks domicile reservation for Autonomous university
- Karnataka High court held that state has no reserved power in an autonomous university like National law university to have domicile reservation for their own state students as it has not offers any financial aid.
- Against this order, Karnataka government moves supreme court for implementing their (NLSIU) Amendment Act, 2020, which sought to provide 25% horizontal reservation for domicile students.
Facebook India moves Supreme Court against the Delhi assembly summon
- Delhi assembly peace and harmony committee issued a summon to vice president of Facebook India relating to the Delhi riot.
- Against this order Facebook India moves supreme court.
- The main contention was the issue was relating to law and order of state and the committee has no jurisdiction over such case.
Atlast Thalaiva is back on politics
- Nearly, more than 20 years super star Rajinikanth has been in dilemma whether to start politicial party or to join the strong party of the state.
- Atlast, he made a statement to start a new political party in January 2021, five months before Tamil Nadu polls.
Delhi High Court permits prisoner to give exams in guesthouse
- The Jamia Millia Islamia student Asif Iqbal Tanha, an accused in the North East Delhi riots was allowed to give his exam while serving his term.
- The Delhi high court granted custody parole to him and make him stay in a guesthouse during the exams.
Boris Johnson praising to the UK scientists
- UK PM Boris Johnson said that they all were very much thankful and praising the scientists for the invention of Pfizer / BioNTech Corona Virus vaccine.
- The World’s first country to approve its vaccine, vaccinations will start from the next week.
- Scientists has made it possible said the UK PM in press conference held today.
Australia Demands apology- China refused
- After the fake image posted on Chinese government twitter account, the image of an Australian soldier holding a knife at the neck of a small child of Afghan.
- Australian prime minister in reply said that China should be ashamed of posting such repugnant and fake image and should be apologized to us.
- But China has accused them for war crimes by its soldiers in Afghanistan
The man behind Pizza Hut – rest in peace
- Frank Carney has said goodbye to us.
- At the age of 82 he died of pneumonia recently recover from Corona virus disease and also struggling with Alzheimer.
Chang’ e- 5 spacecraft created history – lands on moon successfully
- After landing, Chinese spacecraft has sent its first samples of Lunar rock announced this government.
- Adding to a string of success for Beijing’s increasingly ambitious space research program.
Putin plans to have a key to Africa- Sudan naval base
- Russian military planning on project to expand Russia’s existence in Africa with setting up a Naval Base on Red Sea, Sudan and as a result of that he could have global geopolitical implications.
- President Vladimir Putin ordered defense military to work forward on this project with Sudan.
Farmers refuse lunch offer by government: preferred to bring own food
- The leaders of the farmer’s groups while meeting with central ministers refuses to take tea and lunch from government and preferred to bring own food from the nearby gurudwara.
- The government is not willing to repeal the three laws as per farmer’s demands and in this situation of heated arguments they refused to take any favour from government.
Award has been given to Manipur’s Nongpok Sekmai police station for being India’s best
- The Manipur’s Nongpok Sekmai police station has been declared the India’s best by the union Home ministry and virtual trophy is given to the in-charge of police station by home minister – Amit Shah.
- Trophy was given during an ongoing three-day virtual meeting of police chiefs from whole of India.
CM Mamta Banerjee threatens worldwide agitation if farm laws not repealed
- From the very starting, Mamta Banerjee is against the farm laws.
- She stated that she is very much concerned about the life and livelihood of the farmers and if the center doesn’t repeal the farm laws, they will start agitation throughout the country.
In answer to Delhi High Court, AAP government stated no night curfew in Delhi as of now
- On November 26, the Delhi High court has asked the AAP government led by Arvind Kejriwal regarding the imposition of night curfew in the state to control the spread of COVID-19.
- AAP government stated that they have no plans to impose night curfew in Delhi as of now.
Due to cyclone Burevi landfall, Pinarayi Vijayan calls for a meeting
- Meeting of state disaster management authority and many other departments have been called in Kerala by CM Pinarayi Vijayan ahead of high alert in the state due to cyclone Burevi.
- India Meteorological department (IMD) has stated that Burevi may make its landfall in Kerala on December and issued a red alert for the same.
The talk for India-Bangladesh border to be held outside Delhi
- It is the first time that the India – Bangladesh border meeting would be held outside Delhi.
- The objective of the meeting would be to limit and control the number of crimes increasing at border.
US, Australia and India stops china from influencing by quad
- Australia used its power to use veto on any agreement stuck with foreign states.
- The main target of this was China.
- US also clears itself by delisting foreign firms.
Maharashtra farmers unites with the Delhi Chalo farmers protests
- To show their support to those farmers protesting in Delhi, Maharashtra farmers marched to the offices of Tehsildar and district collectors.
- The march was organized by the ALL INDIA KISAN SABHA (AIKS).
- More than 80 organizations joined the protest.
Father arrested for assaulting minor daughter
- In Odhisa district, a girl aged 11 year old was assaulted by her father aged 34 years old.
- The father was arrested by after the girl’s neighbour inform her grandmother and then the complaint was filed.
- One night due to the effect of intoxication man assaulted her own daughter.
Multi-stake holder campaign were launched to keep a check on child marriages by Bharatpur police in Rajasthan
- To stop the social evil that is the child marriage, the campaign was held.
- The panel constituted by police was mainly consisted of women who volunteered to be a part of it.
Finance Ministry monthly review on gross domestic product
- Gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 23 present quarter- on-quarter in the July to September quarter of this fiscal, according to the latest monthly financial review by the finance ministry.
- The growth supported by drivers from agriculture, followed by construction and manufacturing, he said, adding that the contract- sensitive service sector has also contributed mainly through logistics and communications.
- The report says that, like many high-frequency indicators, the country is showing a V-shaped pattern of recovery.
Failing HDFC Bank share 1% after RBI’s order
- Shares of HDFC Bank fell 1 present on Thursday after the Reserve Bank temporarily suspended its upcoming digital business creation and sourcing of all new credit card customers.
- The RBI has issued an order to HDFC Bank Ltd on December 2, 2020 regarding the recent decline in the bank’s internet banking/ mobile banking/ payment utilities, including the bank’s recent ban on internet banking.
- Payment system due to power failure in primary data center on November bank said in a regulatory filing on Thursday.
Business activities increasing first time in 9 month’s
- The recovery in the Indian services sector continued in November as new job orders led to an increase in business performance and the first increase in employment in nine months, a monthly survey said on Thursday.
- The seasonally adjusted India Service Business Activities Index, which is above 50, distinguishes growth for the second consecutive month during November.
- The Reserve Bank will announce its credit policy review on December.
RBI orders HDFC to suspend all digital business and IT applications
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has ordered HDFC bank, India’s largest private sector bank; to temporarily suspend all digital business creation and other proposed business creations in IT applications under its program Digital 2.0, as well as the ordered to stop sourcing new credit card customers.
- The decline in HDFC Bank’s latest digital service was due to a power failure at the lender data center.
- This was HDFC Bank’s third failure in two years.
Positive mode global market economy
- The domestic equity benchmark rose modestly Thursday with of the nifty. Investors in the mixed global index remained largely in a wait and watch mode before the RBI’s policy decision.
- Similarly, NSE’s broad index nifty touched a fresh intra- day high of 13,216.60. At 20.15 points or 0.15 present it stabilized at 13,133.90 which are close to its lifetime.
- The investors digested the economic data and the success of Covid- 19 vaccine front, which was mixed in global markets.
France’s Stephanie Frappart becomes the first women referee in men’s champions league game:-
- 36 year-old french football referee Stephanie Frappart becomes the 1st woman to officiate in men’s champion league.
- She already made a fantastic history to become the first female referee in the french top flight and took charge of 2019 UEFA, in the final match between Liverpool and Chelsea.
- It is the first time that a female referee is assigned in Europe’s most popular club competition.
The Australian Open Tennis grand slam will start three weeks late on 8 February, announced by the tournament director:-
- The Australian Open Tennis director Craig Tiley announced that the match is delayed by 3 weeks and will start on 3rd of February.
- The director informed players about the postponed and declared the new dates and he also added that the players who tested negative for the virus will be able to train while in isolation.
The Five day Test Series between New Zealand v. West Indies has started on Thursday
- On the 1st day of the test series Kane Willianson and Tom Lathan scored wonderful half-centuries against West Indies at The Seddon Park.
- The West Indies won the toss and chose to field on the pitch, New Zealand scored 243/ 2 after 78 overs.
UEFA champion league : In the match between Manchester United v. Paris Saint Germain , PSG defeated United with the score of 3-1
- United were better in the middle phase and played very well in the second half but PSG have quality everywhere in which Neymar scored twice and Fred lends a helping hand.
- Manchester United qualification to the last 16 of the champion league hands in the balance after PSH won a lively encounter.
Arsenal’s Arteta expects difficult January transfer window
- Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says the club do not have much room to manoeuvre in the January transfer window and may have to offload players before they can add to the first-team squad.
- Arsenal are reportedly looking for a creative midfielder, with RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai and Olympique Lyonnais’ Houssem Aouar among the options being considered, while Arteta would also like to improve his defensive options.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE AND DEFENCE
China proceed 6 Type-928D invasion boats to Pangong lake leads to detachment among Indian army and PLA
- China recently moved 6 Type-928D invasion boats to the lake.
- Constructed by Changzhou FRD Shipyard.
- Single boat can carry ten soldiers with his arms and ammunition.
Although India take part in high-level naval exercise, countries call off visits with Pakistan
- Covid-19 being reason for countries to call off the visits with Pakistan.
- Oman informed Pakistan that ships are only allowed in its ports for fuel and logistics.
In Suryalanka IAF execute firing of Akash and Igla Missiles
- It was a part of drill at air force station.
- IAF official said Manoeuvrable expendable aerial target (MEAT) provides realistic training to the combat crew.
India and Russia determines to stretch-out their counter-terror links
- India and Russia partnership at multilateral fora.
- Russian side welcomed India to take part in non-permanent seat at the UNSC for the duration 2021-22.
Google Maps will help customer and business to get connected through messaging capabilities
- Help business to understand its customers and their profile.
- Shortly, business will be able to see their customers messages right from google search.