Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
It’s possible: A Book on Making the Legal Ecosystem More Accessible to the Disabled
- It is to address these attitudinal barriers that, in 2016, Rahul Bajaj, Anushka Reddy, Madhvi Singh has launched the IDAP Interview Series, opening new avenues for lawyers with disabilities, in India and beyond.
- This book is a compilation of those interviews, featuring 21 legal professionals, from 6 countries and 3 continents, whose disabilities run the gamut.
Delhi High Court seeks report from AAP government after reduction in ICU beds reserved for COVID-19 patients
- Today, The Delhi High Court has directed the AAP, Aam Aadmi Party government to submit a status report on the “review” of its decision to reduce reservation in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds for COVID-19 patients to 60% [Association of Healthcare Providers (India) vs GNCTD].
- The order was passed by a vacation bench of Justice Subramonium Prasad in a petition preferred by Association of Healthcare Providers (India) challenging the September 12 order passed by the Delhi government on the mandatory reservation of 80% ICU beds for COVID-19 patients in 33 private hospitals.
Delhi Police raids on premises of Mehmood Pracha intimidatory, brazen exercise of brute power: SCBA
- The Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) has expressed “shock, deep concern and dismay” at the recent search and seizure conducted by Delhi police at advocate Mehmood Pracha’s office.
- In a statement issued on Monday, the Delhi police raid on Pracha’s premises an arbitrary, illegal and brazen exercise of brute power and actions taken by them “contrary to law against members of the legal fraternity”, the SCBA has called.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court, subordinate courts to close for winter vacation from 1 st to 9th January
- Jammu and Kashmir High Court has announced winter vacation for Srinagar and Jammu wings of the High Court as well as subordinate courts in Kashmir, Ladakh and winter zones of Jammu.
- The order in this regard was issued by the Registrar General of J&K High Court, Jawad Ahmed on December 23.
- As per the order, High Court of Jammu and Kashmir will remain closed for winter Vacation from January 1, 2021 to January 25, 2021 (both days inclusive).
- Moreover, the period commencing from 1st to 9th of January, 2021 shall be ‘No Work Period’ for the High Court.
Saradha scam- CBI moves Supreme Court for custodial interrogation of former Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has moved the Supreme Court seeking custodial interrogation of former Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar in the Saradha scam.
- The investigating agency has filed an application to this effect in a pending petition before the Supreme Court against Kumar in relation to the scam.
- The investigating agency has contended that Kumar has not been cooperating with the investigation and remained evasive in his answers.
- The plea adds, Custodial interrogation of Kumar is necessary in the case to unearth the larger nexus and involvement of other accused in the scam.
Another terror plot in Jammu foiled by the Police, arrested 1 with grenades
- A suspected terrorist had been arrested by the J&K police stating that he was linked to the banned terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).
- It was alleged that he was tasked by his Pakistani handlers to carry out grenade attacks in Jammu city. 60 rounds of ammunition, a pistol and others were seized.
5,450 vehicles cross from both ends of Atal tunnel recording highest single-day traffic
- The Atal Tunnel inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi, for the first time since its opening for vehicular traffic, witnessed a record single-day traffic inflow of 5,450 vehicles.
- Delay was introduced from the Green Tax Barrier for every thousand vehicles at Manali Bailey Bridge to manage the pace and crossing at the Bailey Bridge connecting the left bank.
Above normal rains, harsher winter, reduced heatwave recorded in India as influenced by La Nina 2020
- A critical role in influencing the country’s weather in 2020 was played by La Nina, a second consecutive year of above-normal rainfall with below normal temperatures in the winter and heatwaves of lesser occurrence.
- Five cyclones were formed this year in the seas along eastern and western sides of which four were severe cyclonic storms.
CEC specified that after Covid safe Bihar elections, EC is preparing for polls next year
- The Election Commission successfully held assembly polls in Bihar despite the Covid-19 pandemic and is currently preparing for polls to be conducted in states and union territories according to the schedule next year.
- The poll panel cleared that violation of Covid-19 regulation would be deemed as violation of section 144 during the election period.
Here’s what to do if name is missing from voters’ list in the UP-panchayat elections
- The voters’ list will be available with the AERO or booth level officer from December 28 to January 3 and can also be accessed on the commission’s official website, sec.up.nic.in.
- If the name is missing, the procedure is ‘Apply For Name Addition’ option should be chosen under ‘Voters Services’ on the homepage of SEC-UP. The ‘Click to Register’ option should be chosen.
- If a person is found to have registered more than once, the name shall be cancelled.
Forces pressurised Singh, Pawar not to implement farm reforms: Tomar
- Narendra Singh Tomar said that even former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh wanted to impose reforms in the farm sector.
- But could not do so because of ‘external forces’.
Congress attacks BJP, defends Rahul Gandhi’s foreign visit
- Statements came after several BJP leaders attacked Gandhi as he flew off to Italy.
- Amid the farmers’ issue and a day before the party’s foundation day.
Smriti Irani: ‘Victory in recent polls shows support, trust for BJP’
- Victory in Bihar assembly election shows the support of people of the country, especially in rural India.
- An indication, that PM Modi and the BJP have secured the trust of the people.
Punjab probes if farmers protesting disrupted telecom infrastructure
- Checking whether farmers protesting were deranging power supply to telecom towers.
- Power was disrupted to many telecom towers in the state, especially owned by Reliance Industries.
Delhi is capital of important global, strategic power: PM Modi
- Delhi is capital of a major global, financial and strategic power, this glory must reflect, said PM.
- He assured, the government will make lives of the people of Delhi better and city advanced.
Every Year About 1000 Girls in Pakistan are Voilently forced to Change their Religion
- Pakistan is a country which is of great concern and consideration, says US State Department.
- On November 08, 2020 Pakistani Christian protested averse to the Child marriages and Forced Conversion.
- In Pakistan the girls are been abducted or tricked then their religion is converted, according to Right Group 1000 girls are being Voilently converted to Islam.
Japan Minister’s to keep Cautious Eye on the spread of Virus
- Yoshihide Suga the Prime Minister of Japan urges the Minsters to take more Cautious Steps and make sure that Implementation are been taken seriously.
- The PM of Japan says that the virus knows no Holidays or New Year and the cases are increasing day by day.
Ban on Alcohol in order to handle the Coronavirus Cases: South Africa
- The no. of cases in the South Africa crosses 1 million on record.
- In order to control this situation, the Government has thought to ban the Liquor Sales.
US proposal of releasing Hong Kong Deserter gets rejected by China
- US embassy in Beijing gave the statement that China can go to any heights in order to ensure that their people cannot seek freedom elsewhere in the World.
- China to this pleaded US to not to use Hong Kong issues to compare it with the Domestic Affairs of the Country.
Hezbollah Nasrallah declares that he has doubled its Arsenal of Guided Missiles
- Hezbollah who is fully supported by the Iran is a affirm enemy of Israel.
- The Nasrallah in an interview declares that in comparison to a year ago the precision-guided missiles has doubled.
Axis Bank prunes overseas presence as it consolidates local business
- It shut branches in Shanghai and Colombo a month ago while it is currently wrapping up Hong Kong Branch.
- It is additionally looking to give up its UK banking subsidiary permit and close operations by April 2021.
A report says that MNCs’ office space leasing for R&D base in India rose five-fold in 2014-19 period
- As the country remains an attractive destination for global outsourcing Gross office space leasing by multinational companies to set up R&D centers across major Indian cities.
- The property advisor has recently delivered its report named ‘Global Capability Centers, making India the Cradle of Global R&D.
- During 2014, just 3.15 million sq. ft of gross office space was rented by captive or GCCs. The number, however, increased to 14.13 million sq. ft during 2019.
COAI seeks govt support on key challenges and says the telecom industry financially stressed
- The telecom industry, which encouraged wide-spread digital adoption during the pandemic, continues to be financially stressed and looks for government support.
- It seeks government support on issues like liquidity, rationalization of duties, AGR, and spectrum pricing.
- The Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI), in its outlook for 2021, said the 5G launch is expected at the end of the year.
SpiceJet to supply Covid 19 vaccine boxes, signs pact with PLUSS
- SpiceJet has declared the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with PLUSS for the supply of natively developed exact temperature control boxes.
- These boxes are needed for maintaining the viability of the vaccine during transport.
PM Modi says Metro services to reach over 25 cities by 2025, flags off India’s first driverless train
- PM Modi on Monday inaugurated the nation’s first-ever driverless train on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line.
- He went to the occasion through video conferencing and also launched the National Common Mobility Card on Delhi Metro’s Airport Express Line.
- He added that metro services will be expanded to over 25 cities across the country by 2025 as “Make in India” is necessary for this expansion of metro services.
Ministry issues SOP for conduct of sporting events in country
- In coming sports events one schedule has issued by sports ministry for Standard Operating Procedures (SPO) that it allows 50 percent attendance in each venues.
- The formation is authorised that is Covid 19 task force by organizers of each events and competitions.
- Sports ministry has issued the circular and guidelines of the sports ministry were very strict in advise with the associates and in guidelines were mentioned very well that it sports events, competitions should be held or conduct in a respectful manner or accordingly with the guidelines.
DDCA will request Bishan Singh Bedi to withdraw his Kotla Demand: Rohan Jaitley
- On Monday Arun Jaitley who is a president of DDCA ( Delhi and District Cricket Association ) said that cricket association will request to former India and removing his name from the stand at the Feroz Shah Kotla demand.
- But Bishan Singh Bedi had criticized the controversy and corruption the DDCA for choosing and to install the statue of the manager at the stadium.
- He had also said and demanded that his name will removed from the stand of Kotla instead of inspirational cricketer.
Amit Shah unveils Arun Jaitley’s Statute at DDCA premises
- On Monday DDCA discover the statue of the former president Arun Jaitley and his property in the memory of manager and political figure.
- Arun Jaitley who is the union home minister discovered Jaitley life size statue who is prepared by known sculptor 96 years old man Ram Sutar and this is the ionic structure of the unity in Gujarat.
Bayern Munich reach zenith, Liverpool end drought in the time of coronavirus
- In starting Bayern Munich struggled in Bundesliga but he has proved that he is violent after Hansi Flick replaced Niko Kovac in the dugout.
- Along with Robert Lewandoski’s has highest record because he won 42 out of the 48 matches and he got 55 goals in all competitions but his losing once time.
Roger Federar has decided not to play 2021,Australian open, says Agent
- Roger Federar agent said that he has decided to backward from the Australian team openly because his way back to fitness from two knee operations in this year.
- At the starting of the 2021 the Australian open has opened for three weeks until 8th February because strictness country’s boarders are closed due to pandemic situation.
- Roger Federar who had been training in Dubai depends on the season and he had told organisers that when postponed tournament will start it could benefit for him.
DEFENCE, MED, TECH AND SCIENCE
Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane leaves for South Korea on a three-day visit
- Army Chief Gen MM Naravane on Monday left for South Korea on a three-day visit during which he will hold talks with the top defence brass of the country on ways to expand bilateral military cooperation.
- South Korea has been a major supplier of military platforms and weapons to India
India, Vietnam concludes two-day naval exercise in South China Sea
- Indian and Vietnamese Navy on Sunday finished up the two-day entry practice in the South China Sea as a component of endeavours to help oceanic participation between the two nations.
China launches remote sensing satellite
- A Long March-4C launch vehicle launched the Yaogan-33 remote-sensing satellite from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center, Gansu Province, northwest China, on 27 December 2020
ISRO eyeing new chip unit as more firms take to skies
- India’s space agency plans to build an additional fab at Semiconductor Laboratory (SCL), its chip making facility in Chandigarh.
- In a bid to scale up capacity to meet the growing demand for chipsets for rockets and satellites as it opens up the space sector to private firms and startups.