Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
TRP SCAM: Arnab Goswami Conspired With Arrested Ex-BARC CEO To Manipulate TRP Of Republic TV: Mumbai Police Tells Court
- Arnab Conspired With Arrested Ex-BARC CEO To Manipulate TRP Of Republic TV, Police Tells Court.
- His liberty was so important for SC that his defective petition had to be taken up in hours on a holiday, despite his applying for bail in local court, says of the activist.
Classification of RComm, Reliance Telecom Accounts As Fraudulent: Delhi High Court Directs Union Bank, Indian Overseas Bank To Maintain Status Quo
- Three Anil Ambani companies have reportedly been accused of fraud by banks the amount at stake is nearly ten times more than what Mallya owed.
- Reliance Communications, Reliance Infratel, and Reliance Telecom owe lenders 86,188 crore.
POCSO-Victims Entitled To Receive Information about Court Proceedings Including Status Of Bail Of Accused: J&K HC
- The Jammu and Kashmir High Court has held that (minor rape) victims are entitled to receive most appropriate information of the proceedings which would include the status of the accused including his/her bail,
- Temporary release, parole or pardon, escape, absconding from justice or death
Breaking-Police Assault on Etah Advocate: Allahabad High Court Orders Inquiry By Chief Judicial Magistrate
- The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday sought a complete report of the incident, wherein Rajendra Sharma, a practicing advocate in Etah, was beaten by police and his relatives too were humiliated and harassed.
Purpose of Rehabilitative Sentencing Is to Reform the Offender as a Law Abiding Citizen Again; Bombay HC Grants Bail To 20-yr-old Boy In POCSO Case
- The Bombay High Court last Tuesday granted bail to a 20-year-old boy accused under the Protection Of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
- Observing that the purpose of rehabilitative sentencing is to reform the offender as a person so that he may become a normal law abiding member of the community once again.
Prime Minister has Inaugurated EDFC Operation Center
- Narendra Modi through Video Conferencing inaugurated the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor’s (EDFC) operation Center at Prayagraj.
- A huge amount of Rs. 5750 Crore has been invested in the project, the section is 351 km long and is desired to create new Couse of action for the local industries.
Rajnikanth Express his Sorrow as no Political Party is Coming from him.
- On December 31st the Actor was scheduled to lunch his Political Party instead through a 3 page long statement that he posted on Twitter announced and apologizes for not able to do the same.
- Rajnikanth was hospitalized for sever hypertension and exhaustion and was discharged on 27th Dec.
Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut wife to Summon before Court need 4 more Days
- The Wife Varsha Raut has to appear before in connection with the Investigation in the Multi – Crore Scam in Punjab and Maharashtra Corporation (PMC) bank.
- Summon was issued to her in the matter to which 4 more four days has been pleaded to the Court by the MP Sanjay Raut.
Wife of Ex H.P. Chief Minster dies due to Covid 19
- Santosh Shailza, wife of Former Chief Minister tested positive for Covid 19 and was admitted to the Hospital.
- Covid 19 took yet another life, Santosh was been treated at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College.
Sachin Attended the Foundation Day at Delhi, Congress’ Rajasthan Rigmarole proceeds
- Congress celebrated its 136th Foundation Day at all its State Headquarters and at Central Office at Delhi.
- Months after the disagreement with Ashok Gehlot ( Rajasthan Chief Minister), Ex Deputy Chief Minister; President of Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee Sachin Pilot attended the part at Delhi instead of Jaipur
March to Governor’s house in Patna by thousands against the farm law, lathi charged
- Mild lathi charge was resorted to by the Police and they fired water canons on the farmers who had assembled for their march to Raj Bhawan on Tuesday in the state capital.
- The farmers are protesting against the three controversial farm laws which were passed by the Centre in September.
Details of UK virus strain requested by the Air India pilots to the management
- Airline’s management has been demanded by the Air India pilots to provide them with the details of the Sars-CoV-2 that has been discovered in UK.
- The frontliners pointed that Air India has taken the lead on relief missions, ferrying essential cargo, operating evacuation and repatriation flights across the globe. Thus, all the information regarding the new virus was demanded.
Nod given to ordinance on freedom of religion bill by MP Cabinet
- The Cabinet of Madhya Pradesh nodded to an ordinance on the bill against religious conversion through fraudulent means which includes the ones done for marriage, that stipulates a jail term of up to 10 years for violators.
- The ordinance on the Freedom of Religion Bill, 2020 has been sent to Anandiben Patel, State governor for approval.
Mansukh Vasava, BJP triabl leader resigns from party
- Mansukh Vasava, BJP’s Lok Sabha MP and tribal leader, in a letter to Gujarat BJP president CR Paatil stated that his resignation would be submitted during the upcoming Budget Session.
- He had written to PM Modi seeking withdrawal of a Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change notification which declared 121 villages as an eco-sensitive zone to “mitigate the protest” by trial communities in the Narmada district and the resignation came post this.
Japan to enter into ‘Five Eyes’ to check China’s clampdown on Uyghurs
- As reported by Kyodo News says that Amid calls within the Japanese government to join the ‘Five Eyes’ intelligence-sharing alliance, it provided key inputs to the US and the UK regarding Chinese clampdown on Uyghurs.
- In brief the Five Eyes is a network of five nations, namely Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand and the US who collaborated to better respond to increasing threats by North Korea and China. And now Japan is on its way to become the ‘sixth eye’.
Indonesia to sign Covid-19 vaccine deals with Pfizer, AstraZeneca
- After the year-end holiday, Indonesia will sign vaccine procurement deals with Pfizer Inc. and AstraZeneca Plc as it braces for a flare-up in Covid-19 infections.
- Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin has said in a briefing that, the government will sign an agreement with Pfizer in the first week of January for 50 million doses, after state-owned vaccine producer PT Bio Farma signs a separate deal for the same amount with AstraZeneca this week.
- Both the deals will include the option to procure an additional 50 million doses from each company.
Imran Khan govt ‘illegitimate’, ‘incompetent’: PDM chief Fazlur Rehman
- On Monday, “This government is a product of fraud,” Rehman said, while addressing a gathering of his party workers.
- Pakistani politician Maulana Fazlur Rehman with Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, chairman of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), at an anti-government protest rally organized by the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), an alliance of political opposition parties, in Lahore, Pakistan December 13, 2020.
Bangladesh navy ships shift 1,700 Rohingya refugees to isolated island
- On Tuesday, five Bangladesh navy ships carrying more than 1,700 Rohingya refugees left the southeastern port city of Chittagong for an isolated island where they will be relocated despite concerns among human rights groups about their safety.
- A government official involved with the process said that, the refugees were expected to reach Bhashan Char island after a three-hour naval journey.
- The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media, said the refugees were taken to Chittagong from their camps in Cox’s Bazar by buses on Monday and stayed overnight in a temporary camp.
India-born Aisha Shah bags senior position in US President’s digital team
- US President-elect Joe Biden on Monday has announced that, the members of his White House Office of Digital Strategy, where Kashmir-born Aisha Shah has bagged a senior position. Shah has been named as Partnerships Manager at the White House Office of Digital Strategy, which would be headed by Rob Flaherty, Director of Digital Strategy, according to an announcement by the Biden transition team.
- Although raised in Louisiana, Shah previously served as digital partnerships manager in the Biden-Harris Campaign. She currently serves as an advancement specialist for the Smithsonian Institution.
Hybrid model with increased emotional safety emerges as the preferred new normal by working professionals – YourDOST Survey
- According to YourDOST survey is that how Indian employees feel about the returning post office covid-19.
- The results shows the slowly tendency towards starting work from office.
- The closed model preference shows where working professionals want flexible works from office policy.
- But due to covid-19 virus major portion of people are not sure about the travelling to office and most of the people joining the office together.
Mukesh Ambani is under pressure to turn his old economy conglomerate into a technology titan
- According to recent public statements 63 years old Indian tycoon is focused on a handful priorities and he is trying to run the Reliance Industries Limited from an old economy and economy mixed in two things that is technology and e-commerce titan.
- Ambani forwards his plan to sell the Reliance oils and petrochemical units.
- In 2020 he had originally hoped that products would reduce debt and finance is high tech balanced.
ITAT quashes revised assessment order passed by tax department against three Tata trusts
- On Monday Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) confirmed that tax status are released of Tata trusts and rejected the claims by the income tax department that the trusts had violating there laws and these laws relating to the charitable institutions which is hold by Tata sons.
- This order is win for the Tata trusts and the battle to stable the status of tax released and tribunals.
- Some observations on share ownership which is influence some similar cases where Tata trusts challenging another tax department to cancel the order of these registrations.
Organic cotton, food , toys high on India-Korea trade to cut dependence on China
- Korean companies to purchase organic cotton, leather goods and handcrafts but on the other side Indian companies to purchase the Korean toys and cosmetics.
- Two sides alternative look to replace buying from China.
- B2B trade promotion agency has launched and last year it promotes Indian – Korean trade and said above 20 enquiries made from Korean companies which all
- the people buy all organic products and items from Indian companies due to covid-19 situation also.
Government to extend suspension of flights with UK beyond December 31
- Hardeep Singh Puri who is the minister of aircraft said that Government has not allowed of flights between India and UK till 31st December.
- The Government has banned the flight because some passengers are returned from the UK and these passengers are effected from the coronavirus.
Rashid says “Special feat for an Afghan player to win ICC T20I Cricketer of Decade award”
- Star spinner Rashid Khan says winning the ICC T20I Cricketer of the Decade award is a unique accomplishment for a player from an emerging nation like Afghanistan.
- The 22-year-old leg-spinner was the leading wicket-taker in T20 Internationals in the previous 10 years with 89 scalps at an average of 12.62.
Kohli Hails Team’s “Amazing” Effort, Praises Rahane’s Captaincy After Memorable MCG Win
- Team India skipper Virat Kohli praised the Indian team and the substitute captain Ajinkya Rahane for the series-leveling win in the second Test against Australia at MCG.
- India fixed the win on Day 4 of the match, with young Shubman Gill placing in a snazzy batting show.
- It is to be noted that Rahane had slammed a century during India’s first innings of the second Test match.
As Pressure Mounts On Lampard, Chelsea Held To By Aston Villa
- Chelsea neglected to facilitate the mounting pressure on manager Frank Lampard as Aston Villa dug out from a deficit to earn a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.
- Lampard’s men have now won only one of their last five league games to fall six points behind leaders Liverpool.
Despite Draw At Crystal Palace, Leicester Edge Up To Second
- A much-switched Leicester climbed to the second spot in the Premier League on account of Harvey Barnes’ late equalizer in a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.
- Wilfried Zaha’s staggering near post volley put the Eagles in front against the run of play after Kelechi Iheanacho had a first-half penalty saved for Leicester.
Manchester City’s Clash At Everton Postponed Due To Multiple Covid-19 Cases
- The City said, “In view of solid medical advice the Premier League, in the conference with the two clubs, have chosen to postpone the fixture.”
- City announced on Christmas Day there had been four positive cases at the club for players Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus and two staff individuals.
- The club’s training ground will now close for a vague period with further testing on players and staff to take place before it can resume.
DEFENCE, MED, TECH AND SCIENCE
China’s plans 5G blueprint for 2021 electrifies telecom stocks
- China plans to double its fifth-generation wireless capacity next year.
- Base stations will be built to accelerate 5G coverage across major cities.
Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane leaves for South Korea on a 3 day visit
- This visit is to bolster military cooperation with the East Asian country.
- This is Naravane’s 5th visit during the COVID-19 pandemic to a foreign country.
India, Vietnam end 2 day naval exercise in South China Sea
- 2 day naval exercise, part of efforts to boost maritime cooperation.
- The mission was part of India’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR).
Myanmar buys military aircraft from Jordan, part of efforts to reduce dependence on China
- Myanmar’s air drive, buying two Airbus CASA C295 plane price $38.6 million.
- Done to scale back dependence on Chinese armoury.
Bhutan’s space engineers to go through 2-month training in India for joint development of satellite
- Done to jointly develop a small satellite for the Himalayan.
- The engineers will be trained at URSC and ISRO in Bengaluru.