Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
Justice Gautam Patel said that The Indian Judicial System Needs a Hybrid System
- A Webinar was arranged on “A Vision for Virtual Court” by Forum for Fast Justice and Public Concern for Governance Trust and National Federation of Societies for Fast Justice.
- In which one of the speaker was Justice Gautam S. Patel who said that there should be a provision where Lawyers should be allowed to opt physical hearing or virtual facility, hence insisted on Hybrid System.
Bombay High Court ordered the State to Compensate Rs. 50k to the men Detained Illegally
- The case happened in Aurangabad in 2013 when the state detained two men without any reasonable reason, the Criminal Writ Petition was filed claiming Rs. 5 Lakh each.
- The Bombay High Court in the hearing directed the State to Compensate 50k each.
Allahabad HC Reunify an Interfaith Couple
- The Habeas Corpus writ was filed by the Husband Salman Karan that her wife was sent to her Parents by Child Welfare Committee against her will.
- The High Court while the hearing clarifies that the wife can live with her husband freely as per her own will and she need no permission from the 3rd Party.
UP Police Application accepted the case of Siddique Kappan & 3 other to be transferred to Addl. District& sessions Judge
- Siddique Kappan and 3 other alleged PFI Activist who were held on their way to Hathras, their case is to be now transferred to Additional District & Sessions Judge.
- The order was passed on an application of the UP Police Special Task Force by District and Sessions Judge, Mathura Yashvant Kumar.
Punjab & Haryana HC passes the Judgment in favor of Punjab & Sind Bank & Ors.
- In the case of Anu Bhalla & Ans. V. District Magistrate, the bench passes the Decision in favor of the bank.
- The judgment says that in any case when the One Time Settlement (OTS) is violated by the borrower then no court shall grant them relief by extending their period of payment.
Lingaraj Temple reopens for devotees after remaining closed for nine months
- Shree Lingaraj Temple reopened for devotees on Sunday after remaining shut for right around nine months because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Servitors and their relatives were permitted entry into the most established shrine of the state capital right on the first day.
- They will be permitted to pray inside the temple till December 31, while the overall public from outside the state capital will be permitted from January 6.
UNESCO awards the J-K Amar Singh College conservation project
- Amar Singh College’s structure is one of the seven conservation projects to be recognized with the 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- The award was declared by nine worldwide conservation specialists.
- The project serves as an important model for shielding an extraordinary 20th-century architectural asset.
JP Nadda tweets old video hits out at Rahul Gandhi over criticism of farm laws
- BJP chief JP Nadda shared an old video of Rahul Gandhi speaking in the Lok Sabha and blamed him for opposing now what he supported before.
- The video clip, from 2015, shows Rahul Gandhi speaking on what incited the Congress to undertake the Amethi Food Park project.
Senior J&K Police officer arrested in Budgam along with 2 terrorists after two days decamping with two rifles
- A Special Police Officer (SPO) of the J&K Police who had abandoned the force two days back was arrested from Central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
- Three other people were likewise arrested alongside the deserted cop by security forces during checking of vehicles at Chadoora.
- Two days ago the SPO had deserted with two AK 47 rifles alongside one Jahangir who was later on arrested by security forces in a cordon and search operation.
Kamakhya Temple: Amit Shah offers prayers at Assam
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday offered prayers at Shaktipeeth Kamakhya temple on the Nilachal Hills.
- The Union Minister held a late-evening meeting with the state BJP’s centerboard members to discuss poll techniques for the upcoming Assam assembly elections.
2 suspected terrorists arrested in J-K’s poonch, bid to attack temple foiled
- On Sunday Security Forces said that in Poonch district they have a break terror sector in Mendhar area and arrest two suspected terrorists of Jammu & Kashmir Ghaznavi force from Balakote.
- Security Forces also said and they claimed that they have prevent from succeeding plan and a bad plot of Pakistan.
- But Pakistan terrorists backed attack a temple in Ari area of Mendhar with small bombs that is thrown by hand.
Saffron has been associated with Kashmir for centuries: PM Modi
- On Sunday morning the Prime Minister searched into the world of Kashmiri kesar saffron and included some words of Abul Fazal.
- PM Modi said if we say about the quality of saffron then in Kashmir saffron found in high quality and distinctive.
- But in other countries it is very difficult to find the saffron and our prime minister also said that after received a geographical indication in this year so, how saffron in Kashmir was able to claimed full rightful space in global market.
- Geographical indication is the used to products, qualities and they have a particular geographical origin or a reputation which valley’s produce on the global map due to Kashmiri saffron was received Geographical indication title in this year of month of July.
Time to ensure our products are world class: Modi on last Mann Ki Baat of 2020
- On Sunday Prime Minister PM Modi said that India’s Manufactures and Industries to increase the sound and call for vocal for local and industries to increase the products also by making more natural products.
- PM Modi also said that India’s manufactures products are world class products which our products will move from one country to another country.
- He also said that our country developed new facilities and capabilities because due to Covid-19 so many crisis, damages and problems have come and these problems effected on our economy.
- But during the pandemic situation all new facilities, capabilities developed in our country and it helped that turn into self-dependent (Aatmanirbhar ).
Haryana municipal elections update: Polling underway amid strict Covid norms
- In Haryana Municipal Corporations voting elections started at today 8 pm and it will go till 5:30 pm.
- The results of the elections will be declared on 30th December.
- This elections are held for three municipal corporations, three municipal committees and one municipal council in the state and due to Covid-19 is spreading so, guidelines of polling process is very strict and its process is in very respectful manner.
MP Government ‘s bill against forced conversions exempts re-conversions
- On Sunday the cabinet minister of Madhya Pradesh is proposed to regulate the law and the cabinet banned mixed or inter-faith marriages.
- If a person forced to women, minor and people from ST, SC for inter-faith marriages then that person will be punished for 10 years.
- The MadhyaPradesh law that is freedom of bill 2020 ‘Paitrik Dharam me Wapsi’ is passed and this law is not treated in a conversion form and drafting law also said that under legislation re-conversion religion to the ancestors religion will not be treated as a conversion and it not includes in conversion form.
Pak Army personnel killed as military chopper strikes in Gilgit-Baltistan
- The chopper strike in Minimarg area of Astore district.
- The pilot, co-pilot and two soldiers were killed in the accident.
Nearly 7 killed in knife attack in northeastern China
- Attack in Kaiyuan in Liaoning happened outside a sauna and bathhouse.
- Suspect, identified by the media was arrested, by his surname Yang.
7 Taliban members killed by security forces in southern Afghanistan: Report
- 7 Taliban terrorists, killed after Afghan military hinder an attack on security checkpoints in the district of Zheria.
- Afghanistan still in violence despite on-going peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban.
New York investigate possible fraudulently obtained coronavirus vaccines
- A health care provider in New York fraudulently secured Covid-19 vaccines.
- New York state police began a criminal investigation into the issue.
Bangladesh ready to move 2nd batch of Rohingya refugees to remote island
- Bangladesh, ready to move 2nd batch of Rohingya refugees from Myanmar to island of Bhasan Char.
- 1,000 Rohingya refugees, belonging to Muslim minority, fled Myanmar, will be moved to the island.
‘Reliable Pharmacy of the World’ is India
- India to play vital role in equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines around the world Pharma industry.
- As in 2020,the pandemic hit the world, Indian pharma industry rose to the occasion and was able to manufacture and maintain supply chains even during the lockout period, and exported medicines such as HCQ and paracetamol to more than 150 countries, keeping its image of ‘Reliable Pharmacy of the World’.
- The world is again looking at India as a beacon of hope to manufacture and supply the huge number of vaccines needed to tackle the Corona Virus pandemic.
Hyderabad set to emerge as global hub for Covid-19 vaccine in 2021
- As the world is set to brace for a great new year amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the city is poised to emerge as a ‘saviour’ from the killer virus, with as many as five vaccine manufacturing firms based here racing to bring out an antidote.
- The vaccine development process by Bharat Biotech, Biological E Ltd and Aurobindo Pharma are currently in various stages, while Dr Reddy’s and Hetero have tie ups for manufacturing the vaccine.
India’s crude steel output grows 3.5 percent to over 9 million tonne: in November
- In November, India registered a growth of 3.5 per cent in crude steel production at 9.245 million tonne (MT), according to World Steel Association.
- The country had produced 8.933 MT crude steel during the same month last year, the global industry body has said in its latest report.
Welspun Corp bags orders for more than Rs 6,000 crore to be executed through Q3 and Q4 of FY21
- Welspun Corp, the pipe manufacturing flagship of Welspun Group, bagged orders worth more than Rs 6,000 crore across water and oil and gas pipe segments in the second quarter
- This will be executed through the rest of the year and the next.
PNB puts 3 stressed accounts up for sale
- State-run Punjab National Bank (PNB) has put up for sale three stressed accounts, including Birsa Institute of Technology (Trust).
- With total outstanding dues of nearly Rs 34.50 crore.
Mitchell Starc lauds Ajinkya Rahane; missed chances for Australia
- Mitchell Starc, Australian Speedster rued the chances squandered by his team on the second day of the Boxing Day test however, Ajinkya Rahane, rival skipper was praised for his pressure-absorbing century.
- Rahane had offered a few chances which were spilled by the fielders, as India took a 82-run lead by the end of the day.
Virat Kohli hails Rahane’s century in Melbourne, absolutely top knocks from jinks
- Ajinkya Rahane, Indian stand-in skipper produced a regal performance with the bat in Melbourne on the second day of the Boxing Day Test against Australia.
- Rahane became the second Indian cricketer to score a ton on his first match as captain in Australia.
Bishan Singh Bedi threatens legal action against DDCA; demands removal of his name from Feroz Shah Kotla stand
- Bishan Singh Bedi, Indian Spin legend has threatened the board of legal action if his name wasn’t removed from the Feroz Shah Kotla stand, in his second letter to Rohan Jaitley, the DDCA President.
- Bedi renounced his membership and wants no connection with DDCA.
WWE’s Luke Harper, Jon Huber, dies at the age of 41 due to lung issue
- Jon Huber, popularly known as Luke Harper in the WWE passed away at the age of 41 on Sunday due to a non-COVID-19 related lung issue.
- Huber broke into the wrestling scene through promotions initially like Dragon Gate and Combat Zone Wrestling.
Justin Langer stated that David Warner no certainty to return for third Test against India
- Australian coach Justin Langer stated on Sunday that David Warner, opening batsman is doing everything he can to recover from a groin injury but is still no certainty to play in the third test against India.
- Warner tore an adductor muscle in the leadup to the four-test series; was ruled out of the Adelaide opener as well as the ongoing ‘Boxing Day’ test in Melbourne.
Defence,Med,Tech and Science
Myanmar buys military aircraft from Jordan as part of efforts to reduce dependence on China
- Myanmar buys military aircraft from Jordan as part of efforts to reduce dependence on China Significant as Jordan is a US ally ,
- this deal has Washington all over it.
Entire Taliban brass based in Pakistan, says its chief negotiator
- The disclosure by Mullah Baradar, the chief Taliban negotiator in intra-Afghan peace talks, in a video that entire Taliban leadership is based in Pak and that no decision is taken without their advice has exacerbated India’s concerns.
Google, Facebook,Twitter: how the pushback against Big Tech’s dominance marked 2020
- India has long been passive pushing back against Google, Facebook, and Twitter but 2020 changed that. Resistance came from government, local companies, and even users.
Atmanirbhar Internet: winners and losers in India’s quest for the middle in the era of splinternet
- This is a worrisome development to keep track of Tech-tomorrow.
- Atmanirbhar Internet: winners and losers in India’s quest for the middle in the era of splinternet
2020: When Indian scientists shifted focus to COVID-19 and made huge strides
- The year saw several research groups in India trying to get to the root of COVID19 by understanding the different aspects of the viral disease, including the way it spreads, the role of masks and developing diagnostic tests.