Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
Man who was arrested under UP’s Anti-Conversion Law got Relief from Allahabad Court
- The man was arrested by the UP police and FIR was launched against him under section 3/5 of the Prohibition of Unlawful Conversions of Religion Ordinance, 2020 and under section 504,506 and 120B of the IPC.
- The man was alleged to trying to change a women’s religion intentionally in order to marry her.
- Allahabad High Court in this matter ordered the police officer to not to take under any coercive action against the petitioner.
Private Schools can Levy up to 70% on Tuition Fee for Online Classes
- Throughout the pandemic period, the private schools those who managed to have Online Classes for their students can charge 70% of the tuition fees, says Rajasthan High Court.
- The schools can demand full fees as mentioned in the Course once the schools are reopened, the Rajasthan HC further added.
For the 2nd time Accused Pragya Singh didn’t attended the Court Date
- In Malegaon Blast Case of 2008, 7 accused including the BJP MP Pragya Singh Thakur was dated today to appear in the court but only 5 accused marked their presence.
- Pragya Singh was admitted in a Delhi hospital on Friday which was the reason that she wasn’t able to appear before the court, pleaded by her lawyer.
- It is the 2nd time in this month that she has missed the court date.
Supreme Court puts a Stay on the Order of Andhra Pradesh HC of Evaluating Constitutional Breakdown
- An interim order was passed by the A.P. High Court which called for the help of the State government to determine whether constitutional machinery has been broken down in the state or not.
- After the appeal was filed by the State Government, the Apex court passed a stay order against the order of the H.C. in the same matter.
- The SC also stated the H.C. order as “disturbing”.
Apex Court has agreed to look into the Plea challenging the Land Acquisition Act
- The petition which disputed the act as Unconstitutional and Illegal filed by G. Mohan Rao and Others was accepted by the SC.
- The bench is headed by Justice A.M. khanwilkar, issued the notice of acceptance to the State of Tamil Nadu.
Senior Congress leaders meet at Sonia Gandhi’s residence
- Around 15 leaders met the Congress interim chief Sonia Gandhi at her residence on Saturday which also included G23 leaders, wo had requested in writing for the presence of an active president in the party.
- Surjewala stated that the party had addressed that some of the senior members of the party had raised certain issues and thus, it has been decided already to hold election to the post of president.
Amit Shah had stated that as much Khudiram belongs to Bengal, he belongs to India too
- Union Home Minister, Amit Shah swiped at the Trinamool Congress’ jibe of the ‘outsider’ at the BJP, stating freedom fighter Khudiram Bose belonged India as much to Bengal, on Saturday.
- The public rally in Midnapore in the day, was the highlight of Mr. Shah’s visit to the State, which included a number of Trinamool Congress leaders were likely to join BJP.
Eluru’s mystery disease
- Pesticide residues, organochlorine, lead, nickel in blood, milk, vegetable has caused the mysterious death which left around 600 people sick at Eluru, AP as stated by experts at AIIMS and ICT.
- The experts stated that the amount of pesticide and herbicides found in the vegetables was beyond permissible limits. After testing AP Pollution Control Board did not find heavy metal’s presence in water nor did Institute of Preventive Medicine find heavy metal in milk.
8th phase polling of DDC elections begin at J&K
- The 8th and final phase recorded nearly 41% voter turnout across 28 constituencies over 18 districts of J&K on Saturday.
- The polling was smooth across the UT and no untoward incident was reported anywhere. The counting of votes for the DDC polls would be held on December 22.
Physical ticketing at monuments restarted as ASI lifts cap on visitors
- The ASI ordered to restart the sale of physical tickets, which were stopped to prevent COVID-19 transmission at monuments where there were problems with the network and QR code for online sale.
- The cap of ASI would no longer be present however the limit on daily entries can be decided by the local authorities, as per the ASI order.
Ahead of key meetings, congress downplays dissent in ranks
- On Friday, the congress emphasized internal disagreement and it declares that for next party president elections will be announced and along with all the issues will be resolved on that time only.
- Including some from the group of (G-23) disagreements, the crucial meetings ahead of the congress president Sonia Gandhi with senior leaders.
On Today, Tamil Nadu ‘s chief minister Palaniswami to launch poll campaign from Edappadi
- On Today ‘s morning Palaniswami will start his campaign for high post assembly elections of 2021 from the Sendraya Perumal temple constituency in Edappadi.
- On Friday, Palaniswami was in Salem and to begin the team from many other organizations and at a Omalur office meet with his party functionaries to discuss the whole poll procedure.
ONV Literature Award for Leelavathi
- The writer and literature Leelavathi has selected and got for the award of fourth ONV literature award instituted by the ONV cultural academy.
- C. Radhakrishnan said that Mrs. Leelavathi was a wonderful writer and literature and she was an admirable star of the literature world and rare women have got the award in this field.
- She has got a cash prize of 3 lakh rupees, a unique and tablet.
Goa Church body urges CM to look into brief shortage issue
- In the State chief Minister Pramod Sawant to resolve the issues of beef shortage because of stop the supplies from neighboring countries Karnataka.
- In recently Karnataka government assembly passed the bill that is stringent prevention of slaughter and preservation of cattle bill, 2020.
- On December 15th, the council for social justice and peace respond him to take the issue with his Karnataka equivalent.
- Karnataka government request him not to notify the bill and who are dependent on this trade to protect the livelihood of hundreds of meat traders in Goa.
Delhi house seeks CBI probe into ₹2500 crore ‘scam’ in civic bodies
- On Friday, by voice vote the Delhi assembly passed a resolution and demand a CBI to investigate the alleged scam into 2500 crore rupees in BJP ruled Municipal Corporation.
- Saurabh Bhardwaj who is the MLA of Aam Aadmi party he was discussing on this issue which was passed revolution by Delhi government assembly.
- Saurabh Bhardwaj claimed that scam comes regularly in BJP municipal corporations and the councilors of Municipal Corporation have broken the record of previous in corruption.
PM Imran Khan says Pakistan army is a state institution which works under him
- Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), a 11-party opposition alliance, has been holding massive rallies since its inception in September to seek Khan’s ouster and press the military to stop interfering in politics.
- The army, which has ruled Pakistan for more than half of its 70 plus years of existence, has hitherto wielded considerable power in the matters of security and foreign policy.
- SAMAA TV on Friday, 68-year-old Khan rebutted accusations that he does not have any real authority and said that the Pakistan Army is a state institution.
US Space Force members get a new name: ‘Guardians
- The Trump administration celebrated the first birthday of the US Space Force on Friday by announcing that its members will be known as “guardians”
- President-elect Joe Biden has yet to reveal his plans for the Space Force in the next administration.
China’s space probe brought 1,731 grams of samples from moon
- China’s Chang’e-5 probe, which successfully returned to earth this week, has retrieved about 1,731 grams of samples from the moon.
- Scientists will carry out the storage, analysis and research of the country’s first samples collected from the extra-terrestrial object, the China National Space Administration (CNSA) said.
- Chang’e-5, the third Chinese spacecraft to land on the moon, is the latest in a series of increasingly ambitious missions for Beijing’s space programme.
Russia launches UK telecom satellites into space
- The rocket took off at 1226 GMT, Roscosmos said, carrying satellites made by the British-based company OneWeb.
- The UK government and Indian telecommunications giant Bharti took control of the company, investing $500 million a piece.
- The Vostochny launch site is one of the country’s most important space projects, designed to reduce reliance on the Baikonur space centre Russia currently rents from Kazakhstan.
European Parliament asks China to allow UN fact-finding team to visit Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous region
- The resolution said there has been a general strengthening of the Chinese regime and a toughening of the treatment of minorities, in particular of Uyghurs,
- whereas such measures to prevent births within the Uyghur population could meet the criteria for belonging to the worst crimes against humanity.
Iran builds at underground nuclear facility amid US tensions
- Iran has begun construction on a site at its underground nuclear facility at fordo amid tensions with the U.S. over its atomic program according to the satellite photo.
In bid to whip up war hysteria, Pakistan claims India planning surgical strike
- Pakistan has claimed that India was planning a surgical strike against the country.
- In statement at a press conference in Dubai, Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Friday said that he had credible information that India was planning a surgical strike against Pakistan.
Swiss Parliament approves same-sex marriage
- Switzerland’s Parliament approved a bill on Friday allowing same sex couples to marry
- finally bringing the small Alpine nation into line with much of Europe on gay rights.
Trump signs bill that could kick Chinese firms off US stock exchanges
- President Donald Trump on Friday signed legislation that would kick Chinese companies off U.S. Stock exchanges unless they adhere to American auditing standards
- The white house said giving the Republican one more tool to threaten Beijing with before leaving office next month.
Brazil’s Bolsonaro warns virus vaccine can turn people into ‘crocodiles
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has launched an attack on coronavirus vaccines even suggesting that one developed by Pfizer BioNTech could turn people into crocodiles or bearded ladies.
- In the Pfizer contract it’s very clear we’re not responsible for any side effects. If you turn into a crocodile it’s your Problem Bolsonaro said.
Government report revealed Apple supplier Wistron could not manage scaled up India plant
- Apple supplier Wistron’s Indian plant in Karnataka state couldn’t adapt up to the quick scaling up of manpower and breached a few laws.
- A few thousand contract workers angered over alleged non-payment of wages demolished property and iPhones at the plant on December 12.
- The report said there is a wide gap between practices followed at the production line and legitimate necessities.
MoS Thakur said that India can achieve double-digit growth with expansion of manufacturing base
- The minister of state for finance said that in the previous six years, the Modi government has reliably presented reforms that have achieved significant changes.
- He further added India can achieve two-digit growth through a solid portion of digital services and manufacturing base expansion.
- Of the 48 high-frequency indicators utilized by the Reserve Bank to track the economy, 30 parameters surpassed February’s level.
Microsoft to design its own chips for servers, surface PCs
- Microsoft Corp. is working on in-house processor designs for use in server PCs that run the organization’s cloud services.
- It’s additionally exploring utilizing another chip that would power some of its Surface line of PCs.
- The organization’s chip design unit reports to Jason Zander, head of the Azure cloud business, instead of Panos Panay, who supervises Surface products.
Finance Minister holds pre-budget consultations with captains of industry, services
- FM held her ninth pre-Budget conference with the captains of industry, services, and trade association with the upcoming Union Budget 2021-22.
- Aside from Sitharaman, Finance Secretary, Expenditure Secretary, DEA Secretary, and Chief Economic Advisor were also present in the meeting.
Closing auction of Tesla saw 69 million shares trade at $695
- Tesla Inc.’s price surges record $695 in the auction used by trades to close trading’s, almost 4% over its average value Friday.
- More than 69 million shares were exchanged in the electronically managed closing print.
- The S&P board of trustees announced Tesla would be added to the S&P 500 in November.
IND vs AUS, 1st Test Highlights: Australia thrash India by 8 wickets to take 1-0 series lead
- Josh Hazlewood led Australia to an emphatic victory.
- India lowest innings score in 88 years of test cricket.
Start of Australian Open confirmed for February 8
- 3 weeks later than scheduled, a date was decided.
- The date was changed in regard to COVID-19 pandemic security measures.
Teenager Moukoko becomes Bundesliga youngest goal scorer record but Union beat Dortmund
- This couldn’t stop Borussia Dortmund facing a loss at Union Berlin 2-1.
- His first goal in his the league sixth appearance, and second start under new coach of Dortmund.
Cologne Boxing World Cup: Satish Kumar advances to final after beating France’s Djamili Dini Moindze
- Previously an Asian Games and Asian Championships bronze-medallist triumphed 4-1.
- The event will be in Germany scheduled late on Saturday.
Formula 1 2020: Lewis Hamilton continuing a ‘no-brainer’, but no rush over new contract, says Mercedes’ Toto Wolff
- Mercedes boss Toto Wolff stated a new contract for Lewis Hamilton as a “no-brainer”.
- Insisted there was no bustle for him to sign on the designed line.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE AND DEFENCE
Researchers point to benefits of indomethacin in COVID-19 care
- It has been observed that the patients treated with indomethacin had a reduction in the number of days to become fever-free, and reduction in cough and muscle pain by half compared to the set of paracetamol.
- Recently the pre- print published in the Medrxiv, has advanced the case to use indomethacin, a drug conventionally used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, for faster symptomatic relief and preventing progression of pneumonia in COVID-19 patients.
11% of Indian sharks, rays and chimaeras face high risk of extinction: finds IUCN assessment
- Recently, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)’s Shark Specialist Group in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) has published an assessment of sharks
- Rays and chimaeras and has revealed that of the 170 species found across the oceans of the country, 19 (about 11%) are facing high risk of extinction.
Stand-off with India amid COVID-19 showed China’s intention, says Rajnath Singh
- We are capable of answering any transgression at the border,” said by our Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- On Saturday, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that ,The military stand-off with India in the northern sector amid the COVID-19 crisis showed China’s intentions.
- In addition to that he said, “This is the new India, we are no longer weak. We are capable of answering any transgression, aggression and unilateral action at the border,”.
Pakistan foreign minister alleges ‘ India planning surgical strike’
- 2016’s surgical strike continues to haunt Pakistan. And also “India is planning a surgical strike to divert attention from its ‘domestic troubles’ claimed by Pakistan.
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Qureshi claimed in a conference that Islamabad has ‘credible inputs’. Qureshi’s made startling claims during a press conference in Abu Dhabi on December 18.
Sony outlaws Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store after bug backlash
- Sony’s unusual move is another blow for CD Project, Poland’s top video game maker, whose shares have tumbled from a record high last week as fans and game reviewers have voiced concerns.
- Sony pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation Store only a week after its debut amid complaints of glitches in the video game created by Poland’s CD Projekt.