Prolawctor brings you daily news update in short and crisp format in free of cost with no ads.
Read daily news updates to improve your current affairs.
Contents of Article
TV host bombed dead in Kabul
- A former TV reporter and two other civilians were dead during the car explosion in the capital Kabul.
- No organisation till today has not claiming for the explosion but it is very suspicious to note that most prominent figures of nation are targeted in the explosion like journalists, religious leaders, politicians and rights activists.
- Violence grew like a cancer in Afghanistan recent months among Taliban’s and the Afghan government.
Sikh seeks recognition
- Campaign group Sikh Federation (UK), filed a petition for the recognition of Sikh community in the upcoming 2021 census in England
- The petition was rejected the court of England and wales. Census ethnicity figures are used for a range of purposes, including allocation of funds.
- Justice Akhlaq Choudhury said: “It is important for the reader to note that this judgment is not concerned with whether or not there should be a Sikh tick-box in the census form or with the respective merits of the arguments for and against such a tick-box”.
India garners big victory at UN
- In a tightly contested election at the United Nations(UN) in New York, Indian diplomat Vidisha Maitra was elected to the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ).
- India has been a member of the committee since its inception in 1946. The committee is one of the most coveted in the United Nations system as it controls the financial and budgetary purse of the UN.
- India’s win in this prestigious committee is crucial as India will also be in the Security Council as a non-permanent member for the next two years.
China contempt’s US for removing ETIM
- US secretary of state Mike Pompeo, officially declared that the East Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM) was removed from terrorist outfit list.
- China took full advantage of the U.S. designation of ETIM in 2002 and launched a wholesale attack on the entire Uyghur population, conflating their legitimate and peaceful demands as terrorism.
- revocation removes any Chinese justification that it is fighting terrorism in East Turkestan. So china seriously contempt’s the US action in removing ETIM.
Lawyer backs off after inflammatory remarks
- President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist bannon’s lawyer quit his federal fraud case after Bannon made inflammatory comments about Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray.
- The remarks prompted Twitter to permanently suspend Bannon’s account.
Ethiopian legislators vote to scrap Tigray government
- Northern Tigray region was bombed by jets and as a result, further air strikes were vowed by Abiy Ahmed, Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
- Reports stated that control of federal military sites and weapons have been seized by Tigrayan forces.
- As fighting continued and fears of all-out war escalated, formation of interim government for Tigray region was approved as the parliament of Ethiopia voted in favour.
USAID’s second highest-ranking official fired
- Bonnie Glick who is USAID’s second highest-ranking official was removed from the post of deputy administrator post this Friday.
- The term of John Barsa as an acting administrator expires on the same day.
- It is believed that the removal of Glick was so that Barsa remains at the helm.
- In a note from White House sent to Glick, she was told to resign and in case she doesn’t she will be terminated from her post without any reason. However, resignation wasn’t considered by her.
Rival government created by Ivory Coast opposition, Arrested
- Pascal Affi N’Guessan, Ivorian opposition leader and former prime minister, is arrested on charges of creating rival government.
- This came after election victory of President Alassane Ouattara.
- More than a dozen opposition leaders who boycotted the October 31st vote, are facing ‘Terrorism’ charges pursued by Ivorian prosecutors.
- World’s top cocoa producer is feared to have prolonged instability.
- The disputed presidential elections 2010 led to a brief civil war.
- The constitution is violated by Ouattara as he seeks a third-term, claimed the opposition.
As lira drops, Turkish President replaces Central bank governor
- Since the beginning of 2020, Lira lost almost 30% of its value, hitting record low of 8.58.
- In furtherance, Naci Agbal replaces Murat Uysal, the governor of Central bank by President Erdogan’s decree.
Tropical Depression Eta: At least 100 dead in Central America, now moving towards Cuba
- Tropical Depression Eta resulting in flooded homes and devastating landslides killed at least 100 people in Central America.
- Re-entering the Caribbean Sea, the storm will now pass over Cuba and then head towards Florida as forecasted.
- Landslides and floods impacted at least 33,000 people, at least 1,800 evacuated and 400 in shelter.
Want to improve understanding of international relationship? Do read our daily news update.
Be Prepared to Battle Hybrid Threats : IAF Chief to the Armed Forces
- “The Armed forces have to be prepared for hybrid threats emanating from multiple fronts”, IAF chief said.
- He added, “In the battle space, operational response and demand will be integrated synergistic approach to all operations”.
- “The appointment of Chief of Defence staff (CDS) & formation of the Department of Military Affairs (DMA) marks the beginning of the most historic phase of Higher Defence reforms in our country”, he said.
Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha to be new CIC, President kovind administered the Oath of office
- Sinha will have a tenure of about 3 years as the Chief Information Commissioner.
- Sinha is shortlisted for the post by three-member panel headed by PM Narendra Modi including Home Minister Amit Shah and leader of Congress Adhir Ranjan Choudhury.
- The post was lying vacant since the retirement of Bimal Julka on August 26.
J&K : Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Poonch, Kathua
- Mortar shelling along the LoC in Poonch started around 2:30 am
- There was no report of any casualty or damage on the Indian side.
- Pakistan initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing shelling mortars, Defence officials said.
- The exchange of fire persisted till 5:10 a.m.
Bangladesh : Indian High Commission takes up the issue of attack on Bangladeshi Hindus
- The high commission authorities in Bangladesh are investigating the outbreak of violence.
- The Indian High Commission in Dhaka taken up the issue and remain vigilant to prevent any untoward disturbances.
- Havoc created after the rumoured social media comment about the French cartoons of Prophet Muhammad became viral.
State Board Examinations for class 10th & 12th not possible before may 2021 : Maharashtra Education Minister
- “Students of these classes will be able to manage pandemic protocol”, Education Minister said.
- Officials are also planning to reduce the syllabus by at least 25%, so that Teachers can complete the remaining syllabus.
- Maharashtra Education Department has recently started free online classes for students, so that their academic year is not affected by Covid-19.
- “Classes have also started on YouTube”, Officials added.
Want to know whats happening in our judiciary? Make sure to read our daily legal news.
BARC’s order quelled on imposing fine on TV today network: Bombay High court
- Bombay High court quashed the order of Broad Cast Audience Research Council (BARC) for alleged viewership malpractices.
- 5 lakh fine imposed on TV today for the same.
Showik Chakraborty seeks bail for third time
- Showik, the brother of Rhea Chakraborty moves fresh bail application before a special court (NDPS) in Mumbai.
- Chakraborty, in his bail application claimed his innocence, stating that he has been falsely implicated in the case even though no drugs or psychotropic substances were seized from his possession.
Cop’s plea to be heard on Arnab Goswami’s judicial remand on November 9
- A session court at Albaugh in Raigard district posted for hearing on November 9. The police’s revision plea challenging a Magistrate’s order remanding Republic TV editor in chief Arnab Goswami to judicial custody in connection with a 2018 abetment of suicide case.
- The order was passed by court after it was informed that the Bombay High court is presently hearing petitions field by Goswami and two other accused in the case.
Ram Gopal Verma’s film “murder” got go-head for release with conditions
- Telangana High court has given green signals for the release of RGV’s movie “Murder”.
- But court ask not to use real names.
- The movie is based on a real-life story of a Dalit youth who was assassinated by killers hired by his father-in-law.
Want to invest and understand business? Start with reading our free daily news updates on business world.
Auto Uptake triggers Economic Revival:
- The Indian economy is beginning to see signs of a turnaround after months of lockdown. The bellwether automobile sector is picking up speed towards gaining prospectus.
- Tata Motors reported a sales growth of almost 80 per cent in October this year compared to the same month last year. This was Tata’s highest sales tally in a month since the year 2012, the firm said in a report.
Best Performance recorded by Sensex:
- The Share Market extended gains and were trading over one per cent higher on Thursday. BSE Sensex was hovering around 38,660, while the broader Nifty 50 index reclaimed 11,400 level. Reliance Industries was top Sensex gainer, up over 3 per cent, hitting fresh record high today after bagging Rs 7,500 crore investment from Silver Lake.
- Among other gainers were Indusland Bank, State Bank Of India, Bajaj Finance, Axis Bank, Asian Paints and ONGC and many more.
- The trend among sectoral indices was positive, only Nifty Pharma index was ruling otherwise.
Economy having a Downfall in Odisha:
- The growth of Odisha’s economy is estimated to reduce by 1-2 per cent in financial year 2020-21 due to the disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the state government has said.
- The state is likely to register a growth of about 7 per cent next year, Odisha Finance Secretary Ashok Kumar Meena said in a letter to senior state officials, ahead of preparation for the next state budget.
- Even though the state government has taken timely measures like raising one-time revenue through renewal of mining leases and mopping up unused money in bank accounts, these steps have decreased reduced the state’s resource gaps.
Cloud platform of Amazon to invest in Telangana:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) to set up multiple data centres will be investing $2.77 billion ( ₹20,761 crore) in the state, Minister for IT and Industries KT Rama Rao said on Friday.
- It is the supposedly the largest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the history of the state.
- According to the release, the minister had met officials from AWS during his Davos visit earlier in the year and ultimately arrived at the closure on the investment promptly.
FDI Equity inflow in India:
- FDI is a major source for a non-debt resource for the economic development of the country. Inflow of FDI to a country not only brings the required injection of money into domestic industries but also brings in the inflow of technology, knowledge, skills and expertise that enhances capacities and competitive capabilities of domestic businesses.
- The influx of Investment into India has hugely improved since the LPG (Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization) reforms of 1991 when GOI opened up the Indian economy for expanding the role of private and foreign investments. Since then, India has now become an attractive FDI destination becoming one of the top five host economies for FDI in the developing Asia region.
- The Government of India had been making a series of announcements in the area of foreign direct investment in order to give a boost to the foreign investors’ confidence and attracting more investments in India.
I-league 2020-21 to commence from January 9: AIFF
- The 14th volume of Hero I-league will start from January 9 in Kolkata said AIFF
- 14days prior all the players from 11 team will have to pass a bio secure bubble
- “We’ll work with them hand in hand to make it a grand success,” said Dhar (AIFF Chief)
- The top six teams will come head to head against each other in a one leg league format
- The matches If I-league will be live on I sports channel
- The tournament will be announced maintaining all the necessary covid-19 protection
Sheldon creed seizes Truck series title from Teammate in overtime
- Creed gambled on new tires for a two-lap overtime and snatched the series away from teammate Brett Moffit
- Creed took the lead right before taking the white flag and led the final
- “I pride myself on my restarts. We just needed a good restart right there,” said creed
- Creed an X-games gold medalist won this title for the fifth time
- The opponent Moffit was disheartened with the loss as he didn’t expected it
- Grant Enfinger finished 13th in a ford Thorsport Racing. He was the only driver in the finals representing GMR
Rafael Nadal to face Alexandro Zverev in Paris masters semi-finals
- Nadal trailed by a set and 0-40 before rallying to beat Spaniard Curreno busta 4-6, 7-5, 6-1 and reached the semi finals
- Nadal is yet to win a tournament in Paris and lost his inly finals 13 years ago
- Zveerev has lost five of six matches against Nadal, can he pull this through?
- Nadal in his interview said, “the problem was he was winning his serves too comfortably, I was not able to return enough well”
The Undertaker is set to play a final match at Survivors series
- Undertaker’s final match has been announced but the Fiend seemingly lies in wait for the phenom
- Undertaker’s final match will recognize the phenom’s 30-year career at survivor series
- Undertaker is considered as the all-time legend of WWE and his final match will be an emotional good-bye to his fans after a 30-year career
- As his final match the WWE is celebrating “30 years of The Deadman”
- In addition to his final match for the first time ever Raw squares off against Smackdown at survivor series
Neymar to travel for the World cup qualifying matches despite injury
- The Brazilian manager called flamengo striker Pedro for matches against Venezuela and Uruguay without removing Neymar from the squad
- Dr. Rodrigo lasmar is exoectting Neymar to get fiit for the clash against Uruguay after a difficult one-week training
- “We have a chance of recovery for the second match” Saud lasmar
- Thomas Tucel was very unsure about Neymar’s return in the Brazilian squad after picking up an injury in the UCL
- Brazil is already lacking in terms of players due to injury ; these clashes will be a difficult one
Read our science corner to know Covid-19 updates.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, MEDICINE AND TECHNOLOGY
ISRO launches PSLV C-49 carrying EOS-01,9 other satellites
- India’s PSLV-C49 carrying its latest earth observation satellite EOS-01 and nine customer satellites lifted off from the spaceport here on Saturday. The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C49/EOS-01) blasted off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 3:12pm at the end of a 26-hour countdown.
- The lift off was originally scheduled for 3:02pm but was delayed by 10 minutes due to debris on the path of the vehicle, ISRO said. This is the first mission by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) this year.
- ISRO has put up a live feed of the launch on Twitter. The space organisation also tweeted that all nine customer satellites separated successfully and has been injected into their planned orbit.
- EOS-01 is intended for applications in agriculture, forestry and disaster management support, ISRO said. The customer satellites are from Lithuania (1), Luxembourg (4) and the US (4). ISRO said that the customer satellites are being launched under a commercial agreement with New Space India Limited (NSIL), Department of Space.
India, Philippines vow to strengthen defence engagement, maritime cooperation
- India and Philippines on Friday resolved to strengthen defence engagement and maritime cooperation, especially in military training, as well as in procurement of defence equipment.
- The resolve by the two nations to deepen defence and maritime ties comes in the backdrop of China’s growing expansionist behavior in eastern Ladakh, South China Sea and Indo-Pacific region.
- The fourth meeting of the India-Philippines joint commission on bilateral cooperation, co-chaired by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his Philippines counterpart Teodoro Locsin Jr. L, was held online on Friday.
- Both sides held comprehensive discussions on a wide range of matters of mutual importance and reviewed the recent developments in India-Philippines relations as well as discussed, the future trajectory of their wide-ranging engagement, a Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) statement said.
Ethacridine blocks SARS-COV-2 with a distinct mode of action
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS‐CoV‐2), a novel RNA virus part of the betacoronavirus family. Emerging in Wuhan, China, in late 2019, SARS‐CoV‐2 spread across the globe, progressing into a full-fledged pandemic causing signiﬁcant morbidity and mortality in 190 countries and territories.
- Currently, the FDA has approved remdesivir, an inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 replication, to treat COVID-19, although WHO recently reported that it offers little protective effect against COVID-19.