Contents of Article
Delhi court grants bail while writing poem in its order: Delhi Riots
- Karkardooma Court chose a different way to grant bail, the judge wrote a poem in its order for allowing bail to a Delhi Riots accused, Babu.
- The court allowed bail to Babu and directed him to furnish personal bond in sum of Rs. 10,000/- along with a local surety of like amount.
Can’t conduct hearing through VC due to outdated computers
- The Maharashtra administrative tribunal (MAT) in a report to the Bombay High court said that most of the computers that is used for conducting hearings through video conferencing are very old.
- The report also stated that the tribunal’s lack the technical manpower to conduct VC, adding that at least two technical persons are required for the tribunal at Mumbai and one each at its bench.
RTI frame permits to withhold information on Ex-Home secretary’s Registration
- The panel has based its judgement on a Delhi high court orders in which it had held that file noting and deliberations of the group of officers or the Disciplinary Authority can’t be disclosed.
- Mr. Goswami was forced to resign in February 2015 for allegedly trying to stall in the arrest of a former union minister in a case by the CBI.
Former CMD of Hindustan steelworks booked in bribery case by CBI
- CBI has booked the Ex-CMD Moyukh Bhaduri of Hindustan steelworks construction limited(HSCL) and eight others for allegedly demanding Rs one crore bribe to award tender for construction of Trade Facilities Centre and crafts museum (TFC &CM) project in Varanasi.
Joe Biden pledges to tackle coronavirus; Advisors to be announced on Monday
- Hours after being declared winner of US presidential elections, Joe Biden in his victory speech, assured to control the pandemic.
- Further, he declared that for this, a group comprising the leading scientists and experts will be formed and the names will be declared on Monday.
- Over 9 lakh cases have been reported in the US with over 2 lakh deaths.
- As Trump failed to combat the pandemic, Biden’s remarks are significant.
Armenia Conflict: Key town in Nagorno-Karabakh captured by Azerbaijan
- President of Azerbaijan announced the capture of Shusha by the forces.
- However, capturing of the town has been denied by Armenia and declared that fighting was still going on.
- In the existing conflicts, capture of a key town by Azerbaijan would be a great victory for them.
- Ethnic Armenians backed by Armenian govt. govern the Nagorno-Karabakh region. However, it is internationally recognised as a part of Azerbaijan.
- In 1994, with a truce but no peace deal, the war over disputed region ended between the true countries. But, in September, new fighting emerged.
Coronavirus: Denmark restrictions now include Hauliers
- The new coronavirus strain has spread from mink to humans, and concerns about same has risen.
- In furtherance, the non-UK freight drivers are warned that they will be turned away from the British border, who in the last fortnight have been to Denmark.
- For those who are citizens of UK, they along with their households have to go under 14 days of self-isolation.
- Exception of quarantine rules on cabin crew has now been uplifted.
Kamala Harris’s First Nation address: ‘I may be the first in this office, I will not be the last’
- History has been created as Kamala Harris gets elected as US’s first female vice preside.
- As Joe Biden selected a woman as his running mate, he breaks the substantial barriers existing in the country and for that Harris praised him.
- She also gave a tribute to all the women, Black, Asian, White, Latina and Native American who paved the way for this moment to become reality.
- She has also served as First female district attorney o San Francisco and California’s First woman of Color elected as attorney general, setting a track record of breaking the glass ceiling.
- On judicial nominations, Harris is expected to be top advisor given her criminal justice background.
Prince Fumihito of Japan declared successor of throne
- During a ceremony in Tokyo, an official announcement was made declaring Prince Fumihito (brother of Emperor Naruhito) as the heir to Japanese throne.
- The ceremony was to happen 7 months before but was delayed due to pandemic.
- Despite the calls for reform, the daughter of Emperor Naruhito has been barred from inheriting the throne.
- The precautions during the ceremony were taken such as wearing mask and practicing social distancing.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated new ferry service in Gujrat, claimed it will save time and cost
- On Sunday, Prime Minister Modi initiated via video conferencing a Ro-Pax ferry service in Bhavnagar district between Surat and Ghogha which would reduce 375 km road distance and 90 km by sea route.
- The Ro-Pax ferry having three deck has capacity of 30 trucks, 500 passengers and 100 passenger cars. It would also save not only time but fuel thus boosting eco and religious tourism.
Biden’s plans of H1B visa and green card expected to benefit thousands of Indians
- Newly elected US President Joe Biden is likely to reverse the decisions of Former President Donald Trump’s suspension of H-1B visas until end of 2020 in order to protect employment for Americans.
- US President Biden is planning to design a new category of visa which allows cities and countries to grow with higher level of immigrants. Tech companies majorly depend on H1B visas to hire thousands of employees from many countries including India.
Power project worth of Rs 216 crore allocated to Gorakhpur by Yogi Adiyanath
- As a pre- Diwali token, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adiyanath has dedicated a power project of worth Rs 216 crore to Gorakhpur with a view to provide cheap and uninterrupted power supply to the citizens of Uttar Pradesh thus improving their lifestyle.
- He said that the change and development has been achieved due to tremendous work of state government despite the ongoing Covid crisis.
Arnab Goswami shifted to Toloja jail, said that he is not being allowed to talk to lawyers
- Arnab Goswami who was arrested on November 4 from his residence in Lower Parel in connection with abetment of suicide of an interior designer was supposed to be transferred to Alibaug jail after finishing his quarantining period but the decision to shift is prompted after he was allegedly found using someone’s phone in the Covid-19 facility.
- A video was later released by the Republic Television which showed him speaking to media from police van which was shifting him from Toloja jail. He said that he is being subjected to extensive torture and was also not allowed to talk to his lawyer.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray urged people to celebrate Diwali with simplicity, no ban on use of firecrackers
- On Sunday while addressing the state, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray urged the people of Maharashtra to avoid use of firecrackers in order to reduce pollution and also to avoid the spread of Coronavirus.
- He said that there would be no ban on use of firecrackers and has also pleaded people to celebrate the festival of Diwali with discipline and simplicity as pollution may increase the spread of virus which has been recently seen in case of Delhi. He also lashed out at the people who do not wear masks in public which is mandatory.
Woman created history at age 82, Sikkim’s oldest Paraglider
- An 82-year- old woman, Dukmit Lepcha is a grandmother of 3, has become the oldest paraglider in Sikkim.
- She flew for nearly 6 minutes at an elevation of about 4,500 feet.
- Dukmit Lepcha took to the skies from a paragliding point near Aangi monastery at Ranka.
- “The 82-year- old woman will inspire many to make Sikkim tourism a new adventure destination”, Tourism officials of Sikkim said.
PM Modi reprimands Gujarat Transporter for employing less truck drivers
- During an interaction with people via video conferencing PM Modi reprimands Gujarat transporter for employing less drivers.
- Transporter employed only 8 drivers instead of 12.
- PM Modi said, over drivers can cause accidents as transporter should employed 12 drivers for 6 trucks instead of 8.
- Video conference took place before inaugurating the Ro-pax ferry service between Surat and Bhavnagar.
J&K Encounter : Army officer, 3 Soldiers martyred, 3 Terrorist gunned-down
- Army officer and 3 security personnel were much martyred in the line of duty during a major Anti-Terror operation.
- Around 1 AM, Border security force observed suspicious movements near the LoC in J&K’s Kupwara district.
- Three terrorist were also gunned down in the Anti-Terror operation.
- The gun-battle persisted for three hours.
Shipping Ministry to be renamed as Ministry of Ports, Shipping and waterways : PM Modi said
- While addressing a gathering after inaugurating a Ro-pax ferry service, PM Modi announces a new name.
- “Work is being done so that the country’s sea area emerges as an important part of Atmanirbhar Bharat”, PM said.
- In Developed economies, the shipping ministry also takes care of Ports & waterways.
- “Clarity in name will also bring about clarity in work”, PM further added.
AG repudiates nod for contempt plea against AP CM yet again
- Attorney general of India second time declined consent for filing a criminal contempt case against Jagan Reddy.
- Specifying the ground for rejection; AG Venugopal wrote a letter addressing Adv. Upadhyaya, “he was of the firm view that conduct of both Reddy & Kellam was prima facie contumacious”.
- AG Venugopal did not want to deal with the matter as the CJI Bobde was already seized of the issue.
Awarding of NH Projects Doubles Despite Pandemic:
- The National Highway Projects has almost doubled in the past seven months compared to last year despite the on-going pandemic.
- The whole construction is nearly 90% of last year and Road Transport Ministry Officials said it would be at par by December. A couple of steps have been taken including the relaxation in norms for release of funds to highway builders for the actual work done as part of Atmanirbhar Bharat which was taken earlier.
- A Senior Ministry Official confirmed in a report by saying, “Construction was severely impacted due to complete lockdown. It has picked up as the restrictions on construction activities were lifted from April 20. We are confident of surpassing the total construction of last year”.
- Officials from the ministry said that relaxations in release of funds to highway builders was made considering the extraordinary situation.
Government eases condition for claiming Employees State Insurance scheme benefits :
- In the process to make the claiming of relief funds easier for the employees of Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana, the Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has done away with the requirement of submitting the claim on an Affidavit form, the Ministry of Labour and Employment said in a release.
- The end decision came after many different reports of many employees who were facing issues in submitting the claim on the Affidavit form emerged, the statement added.
- A scheme period provides a fraction of the daily wages for a period of up to 90 days as a relief payment to those employees who have lost their jobs and left with utter discontent.
- The once in a lifetime benefit scheme was later extended till the end of June 2021 because of the Coronavirus pandemic making many employees jobless. All the employees who are covered under Section 2(9) of the ESI Act can claim benefits under the scheme respectively.
ONGC invites Bids to improve production in Oil and Gas fields:
- ONGC has invited bids from international oil and gas corporations for enterprise work to spice up manufacturing from its ageing fields because it appears to reverse declining output. The 15-year Production Enhancement Contract (PEC) would require companies to decide to investing in capital and working expenditure to extend manufacturing.
- India at the moment imports about 85 per cent of its oil wants. It is trying to increase home output rapidly to satisfy Prime Minister‘s goal of slicing import dependence by 10 per cent by the year 2022 respectively.
After Uber-led incident happens labour becomes anxious:
- A Winning situation for the “gig economy” in California is likely to echo across the US, in a boon for app-based services while igniting fear that big business is rewriting labour laws.
- The rideshare and delivery apps matching tasks with those willing to perform them as independent contractors.
- Worker power through collective bargaining, not ballot measures and protracted legal battles, is the only real long-term solution for gig workers.
- It’s about the future of the labour movement in California and the future of the labour movement in the United States, which has been screwed over the last hundred years. Whether it’s for the good or worse, the model is likely to be the labour model which will be going forward, according to an analyst.
- Uber has been targeted by regulators in Europe, where taxi drivers have protested against its business model and therefore this situation may be different in other parts of the world where Uber and other services operate.
By Joe Biden’s Winning, Thirty Meter Telescope might get Hawaii residence:
- The Victory of Joe Biden virtually clinching the US presidential election, hopes have been raised for the Thirty Meter Telescope in Hawaii. India is one of the partners in the ambitious next-generation observatory project along with the US, Canada, China and Japan.
- It is believed that the fate of the project would be known early next year when the new US administration finalises its priority in terms of funding.
- The segments will precisely be aligned which will work as a single reflective surface of 30m diameter respectively.
Devin Haney defeats Yuriorkis Gamboa in Florida: WBC lightweight title
- Haney cruised past Gamboa with a unanimous call to defend his WBC title on Saturday
- After undergoing a shoulder injury 21 year haney was fighting for the first time since last November
- Cuba’s former WBC title holder and Olympic medallist Gamboa started well but began to tire later
- Hanyey rocked Gamboa with several jabs and Gamboa managed to survive
- The 23 year old is the youngest fighter to win a for belt undisputed
Pakistani player Sarfaraz Ahmed fined for using “incorrect language”
- Sarfaraz was found using “inappropriate language” against an umpire decision
- Sarfaraz has been penalized 35 per cent of his match fees for his deed
- Reported by the on field umpire Faisal Afridi and Saqib khan for violating Art. 2.21 of PCB code of conduct
- In a separate incident another player of the same league Usman Salahuddin was fined 22 percent of his match
- Both the incidents took place on Saturday itself
Benched Messi scores a double against Betis
- Lionel Messi came on to score a brace leading Barca in a 5-2 victory against Betis on Saturday.
- Griezmann, Pedri and Dembele also followed Messi in the scorer list.
- This was Barca’s first victory since oct where they beat Celta Vigo.
- This victory helped Barca moved up to the eight position in the league table.
- “Today h came on and changed the game, he is a different player to everybody” said Jordi Alba.
- “We all prefer it when he is on the pitch, we’re better around him” said Koeman.
Expectant Father Virat Kohli to miss last two tests vs. Australia: Report
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli is most likely to miss the last two test matches against Australia as he gears up for his first child.
- Wife Anushka Sharma is due to give birth to their first child in early January.
- BCCI source confirmed Kohli is most likely to take a paternity leave after first two test.
- BCCI has always supported players to take paternity leave and support their families.
- At such time KL Rahul is the preferred player to take on the captaincy due to Rohit Sharma’s absence.