Prolawctor Daily News Update
SC stayed sudarshan news channel broadcast
The SC has stayed the broadcast of Bindass Bol a show of Sudarshan news channel till further orders.
The SC bench led by Justice D.Y. Chandrachud prima facie, observed that the objective of the program is to villify and accuse the Muslim community of infiltratng the civil services. The court also imposed injunction on the further shows of similar nature on the channel.
Does plastic pens fall under purview of plastic waste management rules?
The NGT has asked the CPCB and the Union Environment Ministry to prepare a report on plastic pens, whether it comes under the plastic waste management.The decision was taken when hearing a plea on unchecked use of plastic pens having an adverse effect on the environment
Orders reserved by SC on Vijay Hansaria’s report
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its orders on Amicus Curiae, Vijay Hansaria’s report for the expeditious disposal of criminal trials pending against legislators (sitting and former) across the country.
Patna HC seeks Government’s view on Vishupad temple management
- Patna High court has sought government view On considering Gaga’s Vishupad Temple as public property.
- This temple is presently managed by body of priests.
- Division bench has heard the PIL filed by Gaurav Kumar and directed advocate general Lalit Kishore.
Media barred by Andhra Pradesh High court
Andhra Pradesh High Court issued an order in which it barred the media from reporting on the FIR registered by the Andhra Pradesh state ‘s anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) against several people.
In FIR there is also name of former Advocate general of Andhra Pradesh. In relation to allegations of corruption. Bench of Justice JK Maheshwari the counsel for petitioner stated that the former AG is being targeted by the State.
HC to parents – don’t take advantage of fee waivers
The Calcutta High court urged the parents to pay fee who can afford and they should not take advantage of waivers that is being proposed by the school committee
This is made to ensure that those who are not able to afford the fee get financial relief.
Report- Government plans to introduce law to ban cryptocurrency Reading
India is planning to introduce a new law which will ban trade in cryptocurrency placing it out of step with other Asian economies.
It will help to regulate the fledging Market.
Plea seeking a Home-Based exam for CLAT 2020
The bench of Justice Jayant Nath noted that Home-Based exam may not be work appropriately for approximately 78,000 candidates of CLAT2020.
The HC has given his order for physical examination because Participants/Coaching centers cannot be manipulated the physical examination.
The petitioner sought that he can’t go outside in the present time because he suffers from Asthma.
All precautions would be taken i.e. steps would be taken for disinfection of the entire examination center, provision for sanitizer at the entry gate, examination rooms, staff rooms, seating plans to ensure proper social distancing, thermal screening of all concerned individuals at entry gates, etc. Would be done’, Respondent argued.
The Delhi HC has quashed a plea seeking a Home-Based examination for Clat2020
The Delhi Government speed up its RT-PCR testing programme
The petition has been filed by Advocate Rakesh Malhotra. The petition seeking direction for conducting rapid testing on a large scale in Delhi for the identification of the Corona infected people.
The Divisional bench comprising Justices Hima Kohli and Subramoniam Prathas has been set up an expert committee by Lt. Governor of Delhi to conduct a meeting in increase a capacity of RT-PCR testing and also informed to the court for conduct of testing in last week were only one-fourth tests has been conducted.
The bench directed the Delhi Government to file a status report in this regards and the matter is adjourned on 30th September.
Queen to be removed as head of state
- Barbados to take down Queen Elizabeth and embellish as a republic.
- Queen Elizabeth is the Constitutional Monarch
75th session of UNGA begins
The climacteric 75th session of United Nations General Assembly start off virtually.
Volkar Bozkir, The Turkish diplomat to be the President of 75th UNGA.
Earthquake with magnitude 5.4 wallops Nepal
The earthquake hits 50km east of the capital of Nepal.
Reports says the magnitude of the earthquake was 5.4 on Richter scale.
Air force helicopter of Philippine crashes
The Philippine air force helicopter on the way to airlift armed forces mutilated in suicide bombing on southern island.
There were four crew members on board. The incident reported death of all the crew members.
The First Arab-Israeli Peace deal in 26 years, the historic Abraham Accord signed by Israel, UAE and Bahrain
The US President Donald Trump on Tuesday hosted the signing of the historic Abraham Accord which is the first Arab-Israeli peace deal in 26 years.
The deal was signed by Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu, UAE’s Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed and Bahrain’s Foreign Minister Abdullatif Al Zayani, at the South Lawns of the White House.
Mr. Trump described the peace deal in the following way “We are here this afternoon to change the course of history. After decades of division and conflict we mark the dawn of a new Middle East.”
The pivot of the agreement is to enable cooperation of the UAE and Bahrain with Israel leading to the establishment of embassies, exchanging ambassadors, cooperation and working together with Israel on various sectors, including tourism, trade, healthcare and security.
Israel bombed sites in the Gaza Strip early Wednesday
In response to the signing of the historic Abraham Accord by the UAE, Bahrain and Israel, it was reported by the Palestinian security sources that Israel had bombed sites in the Gaza Strip early Wednesday.
The retaliatory attack took place in the morning after the UAE and Bahrain signed the landmark accord in Washington establishing diplomatic relations with the Jewish State, Israel.
The WTO has declared the US administration tariffs imposed on Chinese goods as illegal
This marks the first time the WTO body has ruled against the Trump’s government.
The WTO declared the heavy tariffs imposed on Chinese goods by the Trump’s administration as illegal which worth more than $200 billion.
The WTO panel further ruled that the US measures were in violation of the international trade rules as the heavy tariffs were imposed only on Chinese goods.
In furtherance of second sea-based launch mission, China successfully launched 9 satellites into orbit
Through a solid-propellant carrier rocket launched from a ship in the Yellow Sea, China successfully sent 9 satellites into orbit.
The Long March 11-HY2 blasted off from the Debo 3, which is a self-propelled deck barge.
About 13 minutes after the launch, 9 Jilin 1 high-resolution Earth-observation satellites were successfully deployed into the orbit among which 3 were to take videos and the other 6 were to take photographs in sun-synchronous orbits.
Owing to Trump’s threatening to Tehran, Iran warned the US against “strategic mistake”
Owing to tense relations between Washington and Tehran since the 1979 Islamic revolution, after the US President Donald Trump threatened Tehran over its plight to avenge the killing of top general Qasem Soleimani, Iran in retaliation warned the US against making a “strategic mistake”.
The relations and diplomatic ties between the two have deteriorated since Trump unilaterally pulled out of a landmark international nuclear deal with Iran in May 2018 and reimposed crippling sanctions on Iran.
RDIF Ties up With Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories for the Manufacturing and Clinical Trial of Sputnik V Vaccine for India
According to the contract Russian Direct Investment Fund will provide 10crore dosages of vaccine
Phase three trials of vaccine will be done in India to meet the Indian regulators
If phase three trial of vaccine gets success in India then the it will become available in India by November 2020
Atal Tunnel: World’s Longest Highway Tunnel Ready After 10 Years
- The length of the tunnel is 9.2 km
- It connects Manali to Leh
- The height of the tunnel is 10,000 feet above the ground level
- It took span of 10 years to complete the tunnel
Babri Masjid’s verdict on September 30
The judgement of case of demolition of Babri Masjid will be Delivered on 30 September 2020
Special CBI court hearing this case will pass its judgement
LK Advani, Uma Bharti, MM Joshi and other accused were asked to be present.
Ajit Doval to Represent India in BRICS NSA’s Meeting
- Russia will host the meeting
- It is scheduled on 17th September
- Countries will discuss threats and challenges to national security
- Yang Jiechi will represent China
ShareChat has acquired HPF Films, a video production company
HPF Films, a video production company which is specialised in digital content has been acquired by ShareChat
HPF Films – ideated & produced over 3,500 titles across different formats which includes web-series, digital ads, short films, and documentaries for more than 20 brands
Strength on the creative side will help ShareChat in creating innovative & high performing advertising solutions for the brands which are looking at engaging with the platform’s audiences
Owns over 100 channels across multiple digital platforms
Excess rainfall raises the concern for kharif crops
- Forecast of heavy rainfall has stoked fears of potential crop losses in the second half of September
- Plantation of a record acreage with crops such as rice, corn, cotton, soybean & sugarcane ; monsoon was earlier patchy in the first week of September
- Damaged some cotton, pulse and soybean crops in a few pockets due to the heavy rainfall in August
- Monsoon picked up in August & with 27% above average
Income Tax Department issued refunds of over Rs. 1.06 lakh crore to 30.92 taxpayers
Tax refund was issued to more than 30 lakh taxpayers between to April 1 to September 15
Included PIT refunds which are amounting to Rs. 31,741 crore are issued to 29.17 lakh taxpayers and corporate tax refunds of worth Rs. 74,729 crore to over 1.74 lakh taxpayers
Emphasised was done by the govt. on providing tax-related services to taxpayers without any hassles and it has been clearing up pending tax refunds
28.32 lakh domestic passengers travelled by air in August : DGCA
- 28.32 lakh domestic air passengers ; 76% lower than the last year
- IndiGo carried 16.82 lakh passengers which is a 59.4 per cent share of the total domestic market & SpiceJet had 3.91 lakh passengers that is 13.8% share of the total market
- The load factor of major Indian airlines for five out of six was between 58% & 69% in August
- Due to increase in demand after the opening of lockdown, passengers load factor had shown some recovery in the month of August.
- The best on-time performance was of IndiGo which was of 98.5% at four metro airports – Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai
Russian player Rublev defeats Bagins | Rome masters tennis
- On Tuesday, Andrey Rublev wins and he is to play the second round in the Rome masters.
- He is a Russian player and listed as 7th top.
- He played against the Facundo Bagnis and levelled up with scoring 6-4, 6-4.
- Where, the famous Angelique Kerber was defeated by the Czech Katerina Siniakova in the same.
- She is a grand slam winner for three times.
- She was bashed out of the game in less than 70 minutes with the scoring 6-3, 6-1
Indian Olympic squad needs training camp.
- Due to the global pandemic, the shooters of Indian Olympic team have practised from home
- They need to be trained efficiently by setting up the camp for them
- The camp should be a bio bubble environment where they can practice fearlessly despite corona virus was said by the world champion Brinda.
- The long camp was requested by Deepali who was a national rifle coach.
- She said that it would be a difficult task for players to be back from their comfort zone like before the lockdown.