Contents of Article
Prolawctor Daily News Update
FIR against Vikas Dubey’s wife, other kin
- UP Police have registered fresh FIR against 9 people including slain Gangster Vikas Dubey’s brother and wife for obtaining arms license by using fake documents.
- FIR has also been register for obtaining SIM cards on someone else ID.
Provide police protection to company for setting up mobile tower : Allahabad high court to Magistrate
- Allahabad High Court has directed The Gautam Buddha Nagar city magistrate to provide protection to Indus tower limited.
- The court also directed to take appropriate action in three weeks on the application for police protection for setting up mobile tower in greater Noida.
Allahabad HC asks governments to reply on extension of term of part-time teachers
- The notices was sent by justice JJ Munir on the plea of Neetie.
- Sorting a reply from the state government and other respondents on a petition against the denial of extension of term of a part-time instructor.
Akshay Kumar files defamation suit against YouTuber for linking him to Shushant Singh Rajput death case
- Actor Akshay Kumar has charged a YouTuber by the name of Rashid Siddiqui with a defamation case worth rupees 500 crore after he named the actor in relation to SSR death case.
- Siddiqui alleged in his YouTube videos that Akshay held accused Rhea Chakraborty escape to Canada and also had secret talks with Uddhav and Aditya about the late Shushant death.
Biden’s win affirmed by officials as recount in Georgia is completed
- A manual recount of all the ballots cast there in the presidential election was completed by the US state of Georgia.
- Biden’s win was confirmed by the results thereof and were announced by a local official.
- This makes Biden the first Democratic presidential candidate to win the southern US state in almost 3 decades despite the claims of fraud by rival Trump.
- This took place news coming of election fraud.
UK hasn’t compromised enough for Brexit trade deal, warns EU
- EU has warned that to overcome the three main obstacles to a post-Brexit trade deal, UK hasn’t moved sufficiently.
- It was told to 27 member states of EU that there has been slow progress and negotiations could now slip into December.
- One member of EU team has been tested corona positive and hence face-to-face negotiations have now been suspended.
- Just as time to reach a deal runs out, the bloc’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier is to go into quarantine.
- The leaders of France, Belgium and the Netherlands called on the bloc, to make contingency plans in case a deal fails to materialize.
Deciding against helping Pakistan, France declines upgrade for Mirage, subs and more
- As a direct fallout of Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s loud criticism of French President Emmanuel Macron’ defence of the right to mock religion following the murder of a French schoolteacher.
- It was decided by France to not help Pakistan upgrade its fleet of Mirage fighter jets, air defence and more.
- Pakistan Air Force which has had about 150 Mirage fighter jets manufactured by the French firm Dassault Aviation could be severely impacted by the French Government’s decision.
Asia stocks wobble after Mnuchin pulls plug on US stimulus
- Nikkei stumbled 0.5 per cent, South Korea’s KOSPI index was flat and Australian shares were mildly positive
- World financial markets were hit by a wave of uncertainty on Friday after US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin called for an end to coronavirus pandemic relief for struggling businesses, sparking a rare clash between the central bank and Treasury.
- S&P500 futures slipped 0.7 per cent while Dow futures fell 0.8 per cent, cancelling out a firmer lead from a strong Wall Street session overnight.
- The dollar halted its week-long slide and the 10-year Treasury yield slipped to the lowest in 10 days to 0.818 per cent.
ISRO to launch satellite for Bhutan:
- Launching the second phase of RuPay card, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday announced that India will soon be sending Bhutanese satellite to space, respectively.
- India opened its space sector for private enterprises.
- It will boost innovation, capacity and skills. ISRO will be sending Bhutan’s satellite next year and work on that is progressing fast.
- 11,000 transaction has been done using RuPay card after 1st phase innaguration.
Rumblings in Congress after Bihar Debacle:
- All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge for Bihar Shaktisinh Gohil and Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) chief Madan Mohan Jha have provided to resign from their respective posts
- In lieu of poor electoral efficiency of the social gathering in lately held state meeting polls.
Jaish efforts to wreak major havoc and destruction have once again been thwarted, says PM Modi:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday held a significant meeting over the border crisis with Union Home Minister Amit Shah, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and others after a probe indicated that a group of terrorists were killed in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The encounter comes a day before they were planning “something big” ahead of local elections in the union territory.
Sonia Gandhi forms Congress panels; some letter-writers accommodated :
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi constituted three committees each comprising former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and some letter-writers barring Kapil Sibal.
- Gandhi, who left Delhi with son Rahul Gandhi, approved the committees on economic affairs, foreign affairs and national security to discuss related matters and formulate the party’s position on policy matters
- The most recent being India staying away from the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership.
BJP – BPF alliance dissolute before elections for Assam assembly
- The alliance of Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) and Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) is headed towards dissolution before the Assam Assembly Elections which is to take place next year.
- The alliance which includes Assom Gana Parishad (AGP) have been in reigning since 2016 however they are going to contest the next month’s polls independently.
- The final decision regarding the alliance would be declared in Delhi.
PM Modi holds review meeting over Nagrota encounter
- On Thursday, an encounter between terrorist and security forces took place which lasted for more than 3 hours in Nagrota of Jammu district.
- Where four terrorists from Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) were killed.
- It has been discovered that the terrorists were preparing to effect a major attack on the anniversary of 26/11 attack.
- PM Narendra Modi in response held a meeting with Union Home Minister Amit Shah and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
BJP Leader C T Ravi indicated that ban on cow slaughter will be soon reality in Karnataka
- Former Karnataka Minister and current in charge of party affairs in Goa, Maharashtra and poll-Bound Tamil Nadu stated that ban on cow slaughter would soon be reality in Karnataka.
- He said that the law banning the slaughter would be passed in forthcoming Assembly session and he has asked the Animal Husbandry Minister Sri Prabhu Chavan to get – The Karnataka Prevention of Slaughter and Prevention of Cattle Bill passed and present the same in the forthcoming sessions.
Gland Pharma lists at 14% premium over issue price
- Gland Pharma: The shares of Gland Pharma got listed at a 14 per cent premium on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) at Rs 1,710 apiece, while on BSE, they debuted at Rs 1,701 per share, registering a 13.4 per cent rise over the issue price of Rs 1,500.
- Shares of generic injectables maker Gland Pharma made a strong debut in the BSE and National Stock Exchange (NSE) today.
- The scrip got listed at Rs 1,710.00 apiece on the NSE, thereby registering a 14 per cent rise from its offer price of Rs 1,500.00 apiece.
- On the BSE, the Gland Pharma stock got listed at Rs 1,701.00 apiece, up 13.4 per cent from the issue price.
Sensex jumps 282 points, Nifty ends above 12,850-mark
- Equity benchmark Sensex surged 282 points on Friday, tracking gains in HDFC Bank, Kotak Bank and Bajaj Finance amid news of positive cues from global markets and sustained foreign fund inflows.
- After a highly volatile session, the 30-share BSE index ended 282.29 points or 0.65 per cent higher at 43,882.25.
- Bajaj Finserv was the top gainer in the Sensex pack, rallying over 9 per cent, followed by Titan, Bajaj Finance, Kotak Bank, Bharti Airtel, Nestle India and NTPC.
- “The BSE Sensex is closing higher by about 1 per cent in this Diwali week,” said Sanjeev Zarbade, VP PCG Research, Kotak Securities.
To avoid jail SEBI asks Subrata Roy to pay $8.4 billion
- India’s market regulator has petitioned the Supreme Court to direct tycoon Subrata Roy to immediately pay 626 billion rupees ($8.4 billion) meant for poor investors, or cancel his parole.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India said the outstanding liability of the Sahara India Parivar group’s two companies and the conglomerate’s chief Roy stand at 626 billion rupees, including interest, according to court filings seen by Bloomberg.
“Masters” of India ready to play hockey again
- The sting of Dhanraj solo, Pargat hit or a Jagbir dive will be experienced by the fans once again.
- A few days back,HI activated with state units and took roll call of their former respective Olympians both men and women.
- The idea is have all the available players from each State association who can work under the master’s committee.
- The former players are carrying an excited smile about the prospect of running to the pitch again.
- “there are so many Olympians in India that I think each state can have its own Masters team,” said Jagbir Singh.
Australia versus India: White ball matches almost sold out
- Tickets for six short-format matches between Australia and India were all exhausted on Friday.
- Fear that the first of 4 test would have to be moved from Adelaide oval due to strict lockdown.
- State official said on Friday that they have made the decision to go into a strict lockdown.
- Australia is going to play India in a 3 test series 5 One-day series and 2 T20 series in November and December.
- “The rivalry between Australia and Indian men’s cricket team is one of the greatest and International sport”.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE AND DEFENCE NEWS
IAF chief Bhadauria flies Light Combat Helicopter over Bengaluru
- Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria in the Light Combat Helicopter
- “Bhadauria flew the twin-seater LCH for a hour, taking off around noon from our airport in the city’s eastern suburb, with our deputy chief test pilot Wing Commander (Retd) S.P. John,”
- Designed and developed by the city-based state-run defence behemoth (HAL), LCH is the world’s multi-role lightest attack helicopter, with a highest flight ceiling.
- “The LCH has been certified by the relevant agency for induction into the IAF and the Indian Army soon,” said the official.
Ethiopia’s Tigray forces rocket neighboring region
- Ethiopian refugees who fled fighting in Tigray province are pictured at the Um Rakuba camp in Sudan’s eastern Gedaref province, on November 19, 2020.
- Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, last year’s Nobel Peace Prize winner, unleashed a military campaign in the Tigray region on November 4 with the declared aim of unseating its ruling party, the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF), which he accuses of.
- News coming that hundreds of people are reported to have been killed in the conflict in Africa’s second most populous country.
- While tens of thousands have fled fighting and air strikes in Tigray, crossing to neighbouring Sudan.
Google Stadia is coming to iOS officially as a web app
- Going for the Web app route means Google Stadia on iOS may not offer an experience similar to what’s been provided to Android users.
- Google Stadia for iOS will go on testing in the coming weeks.
- Apple didn’t allow Stadia’s native iOS app due to App Store guidelines.
- Google Stadia competes against xCloud that would reach iOS next year.
EU Digital Chief Invites Tech Giants to Discuss Draft Rules That Could Curb Their Powers
- The Digital Services Act will require tech companies, including Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft to explain how their algorithms work.
- Proposed rules are Digital Services Act (DSA) & Digital Markets Act (DMA).
- DSA will require tech companies to explain how their algorithms work.
- Breton invited CEOs from about 20 companies, which includes Microsoft.