Prolawctor Daily News Update
High Court of Patna tries new system of hearing amid COVID-19 situation.
- For hearing of cases in courts a new way has been found and being tested.
- In this new way of hearing cases Judge will sit in another court and the lawyers of the respective case will be in another.
- They will argue and present their case through video conferencing.
- This way of hearing is adopted for those lawyers who wanted to come in court instead of doing that from home.
HC of Allahabad says that charging extra fees doesn’t comes under the rights of Medical colleges.
- Court delivered this judgement while hearing a petition filed by PG students.
- The fees that is decided by Fee Determination Committee will be the only fees allowed to be charged not more than that.
- HC ordered Director General of Muzaffarnagar medical college to take decision regarding this matter in 2018. But College didn’t stopped harassing students for high fees.
- Now court has sent this matter in the hands of FAC.
- Committee has to give its decision before 9th if November.
Allahabad HC came down heavily on Mob violence.
- This action of court came while hearing a case regarding mob violence against police.
- While dismissing the plea filed against the chargesheet and summon filed by Police regarding the case of mob attack on them.
9 lawyers filed petition against the strange condition of rakhi tying to the accused.
- Madhya Pradesh of HC while giving bail to the accused party put condition that he have to tie rakhi on the woman he harrassed.
- Court also directed to give 11,000 to the complainant on occasion of rakhi .
- 9 lawyers of SC considered this decision of HC as “a gross trivialisation of trauma suffered”.
- Further hearing will be held on 16 October.
Arnab Goswami plea has been dismissed by the SC
- This plea was challenging the breach of privilege motion against Arnab Goswami by Assembly of Maharashtra and legislative council.
- Bench till now in this case has suggested that Privilege committee ought to take action in this.
- Next hearing will be after 2 weeks.
Vietnam: 17 deaths caused by flooding in central part of the country.
- Central Vietnam has been flooded by Torrential rains since last week.
- “Water levels will keep rising, swelling rivers and submerging more communities in the region,” as mentioned by weather forecasters.
- Over 50,000 people have been evacuated by the local authorities, with the floods submerging over 100,000 households.
Several Taiwanese spies have been captured by Chinese authorities.
- As reported by China, it has captured people spying for rival Taiwan and cracked a series of espionage cases.
- One suspect named, Li Mengju, had been identified through CCTV footage at Shenzhen border.
- In 1949, China and Taiwan had been split amid a civil war and have extensive business ties but no official relations.
Gunman injures police official in Croatia before killing himself.
- A gunman shot himself and injured police official in the capital, Zagreb.
- The shooting happened at Trg Svetog Marka, which hosts the Croatian parliament building and other important state institutions.
- The gunman was a 22-year old Croatian citizen, not previously known to the police.
Two deaths caused by Hurricane Delta in Louisiana.
- As reported by authorities, an 86-year old man and a 70-year old woman died as a result of domestic fires.
- Hurricane Delta caused major destruction in Louisiana including landfalls and domestic fires.
Police crackdown on unauthorized protesters at Belarus.
- People clashed with policemen during an opposition protest against the official presidential elections.
- Police officials used water cannons and stun grenades against participants of rally in Minsk, Natalia and Hanusevich.
China: Mass tests launched in Qingdao after local cases of covid-19 emerged.
- Mass nucleic acid tests have been launched in Qingdao after 12 covid-19 infections were reported.
- More than 9 billion residents of the city will be tested for the corona virus.
- All hospitals of the region have been sealed and all doctors and medical staff are being tested, as reported by the officials.
Union Defence Minister led the foundation stone of Nechiphylu tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh
- On Monday, Union defence minister Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone of the D-shaped, 450m long tunnel Nechiphu Tunnel on the Balipara-Charduar-Tawang (BCT) road in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- He followed the foundation ceremony, through video conferencing.
- This tunnel has two lanes of width 3.5 m each. The Union defence Minister also inaugurated 8 bridges built by BRO in Arunachal Pradesh.
BRO will be installing 48 bridges that can shoulder T-90 main battle tanks
- The 44 bridges built by the army’s Border Roads Organisation, or BRO, were opened by Union Defence Minister on Monday.
- The 44 are among the 102 bridges that are being made by the BRO. These bridges are designed to combat and bear movement of India’s heaviest battle tanks.
- According to an information by an official, 30 of the 44 bridges fall on the route to the Line of Actual Control from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.
BJP councilor shot dead in front of his house in Kumaon
- A BJP councillor, Prakash Dhami, in Rudrapur Municipal Corporation, Uttarakhand was, on Monday, shot dead by unidentified assailants, infront of his house, in Kumaon.
- According to the police and some locals, the assailants came in a car and the murdered him because of some old enmity.
DRDO launched Nirbhay cruise missile into sea, but terminated the trial after 8 minutes
- On Monday, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) launched the 800-km range Nirbhay cruise missile from Odisha’s test facility into the Bay of Bengal but terminated the trial a few minutes later.
- Nirbhay was the 10th missile to be launched and fired by the DRDO during the last 35 days.
- People with information to the matter have said that DRDO would be conducting another trial in a few months that would pave the way for the missile’s full-fledged installation into Indian military and deployment on the borders.
- Nirbhay is a subsonic missile that flies at a speed of 0.7 Mach, with sea-skimming and terrain-hugging capability that helps the missile stay under enemy radar to avoid getting detected. The missile has a rambling potential and efficiency that allows the delivery platform to manoeuvre mid-flight and at the end to hit the target.
Two terrorists were killed in an encounter in Srinagar
- Two terrorists, on Monday, were killed in an encounter that arose between the security forces and terrorists in Rambagh area of Srinagar.
- The gunfight started two days after four terrorists, including two from the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM), were killed in separate encounters in south Kashmir.
- On October 7 also, three terrorists were killed in an overnight encounter with security forces in south Kashmir’s Shopian District.
- In total, 189 terrorists have been gunned down in Jammu and Kashmir this year.
As a result of Air Bubble Agreement, Indians in UAE can book Flight tickets to Indian without Embassy Registration.
“As of October 7, 17.2 lakh Indians have been repatriated through different modes under this VBM. The modes include, Air India, Air India-Express, Private and foreign carriers, chartered flights, naval ships and land-border crossing,” Anurag Srivastava, spokesperson of the External Affairs said at the weekly briefing.
- He added, “Under Phase-VII of VBM — which is presently operational since October 1 — 873 international flights have been scheduled from 25 countries to be operated during the course of this month. These include flights from 14 different countries with which India has a bilateral air bubble arrangement.”
Indian Nationals kidnapped in Libya released: Envoy to Tunisi
- The seven men, from Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh, were kidnapped from Asshwerif in Libya on September 14.
- India does not have an embassy in Libya and the Indian mission in Tunisia looks after the welfare of Indians in Libya.
- Spokesperson of MEA stated in an interview that the kidnapped workers are safe.
- In September 2015, an advisory had been issued for Indian nationals to avoid travelling to Libya in view of the security situation there. Later in mid-2016, the government issued a travel ban which is still in force.
13 students from a Shopian School were found to have joined terror groups: Religious school under the radar.
- The institution’s students include Sajjad Bhat, an accused in the Feb 2019 suicide attack on CRPF convoy in Pulwama that left 40 personnel dead
- The School also had outstation students from UP, Kerala and Telangana but their number dropped to almost zero after abrogation of Article 370.
- According to an official, since most students and faculty at the school hail from the terror- infected districts of Shopian and Pulwama, the ideology of terrorism may be flourishing there and in turn affecting the students belonging to other places too.
- According to an internal report, there are 13 listed terrorists and hundreds of over ground workers who are either students or alumni of this institute.
India’s financial capital witnesses large- scale power cut
- Power has been restored in many parts of Mumbai after a blackout of over 2 hours. The unprecedented power cut was reported a little after 10 am, leaving several local trains stranded on tracks.
- Western Railway said the breakdown was due to a grid failure at Tata Power. Commuters were seen walking on rail tracks. The central and western line train services have now been restored.
- The power supply (in Mumbai) has been restored substantially, out of 2000 MW which went off, about 1900 MW has been restored, the remaining will be restored soon.
- The national grid is fine, the problem happened in some parts of the state grid, said Union Power Minister RK Singh.
Government launches tax- exempt LTC cash voucher scheme to boost consumer spending.
- The government, in a press conference today, announced a scheme offering tax exempt payment of leave travel concession/allowance (LTC/LTA) to employees without the need for them to travel if the amount is spent as per specified conditions below. This benefit is available till March 31, 2021.
- The announcement has come as an employee is not in a position to travel anywhere in India to avail the benefit of LTC/LTA in the current block of 2018-2021 due to novel coronavirus pandemic.
- The conditions that must be satisfied by an employee to avail the tax-exempt encashment of travel fare amount are as follows:
- Buy goods and services worth three times the tax-exempt amount paid before 31.3.2021.
- Spend the money on buying items attracting GST of 12% or more from GST registered vendor and purchase must be in digital mode
- GST invoice will have to be produced.
- Scheme open to private sector wherever the employers currently offer LTC. Scheme also open to PSUs, PSBs and state government employees.
- Payment of LTC fare in 3 flat-rate slabs depending on class of entitlement of government employees.
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders shares zoom more than 49 pc in debut exchange
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders made an astounding introduction at the bourses on Monday with shares energizing more than 49 percent from the issue cost of Rs 145 for each offer.
- Portions of the organization recorded at Rs 216.25 on BSE, a premium of 49.13 percent against the issue cost.
- The organization is occupied with development and fix of warships and submarines for use by the Indian Navy and different vessels for business customers.
Facebook India chooses Sunil Abraham as Public Policy Director for Data and Emerging Tech
- Facebook India on Monday reported arrangement of Sunil Abraham as the Public Policy Director for Data and Emerging Tech to lead and shape the organization’s position on tech strategy issues in India.
- He will answer to Facebook India Public Policy Director Ankhi Das, and will be liable for building organizations and commitment with key partners in the public strategy zone of information security, customer assurance, and AI-drove advancement for new items and administrations.
Walmart, Flipkart Group siphon in extra interest in Ninjacart
- Walmart and Flipkart Group on Monday declared a new round of interest in Bengaluru-based business-to-business (B2B) gracefully chain organization Ninjacart. The organizations, be that as it may, didn’t reveal the sum being contributed. The exchange is relied upon to near to the furthest limit of the month.
- In the coming months, Ninjacart will utilize the cash-flow to grow to new business sectors and assemble new contributions and flexibly chains for developing client fragments, while proceeding to improve on the gracefully chain to make it more proficient, dependable, and beneficial.
Sovereign gold bond plot opens, opportunity to purchase gold at less cost before bubbly season
- The seventh tranche of the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) Scheme 2020-21 opened on Monday, which empowers speculators to purchase at nearly less cost.
- The issue cost for the sovereign gold bond has been fixed at Rs 5,051 for each gram of gold, says RBI.
MTNL may turn into BSNL’s virtual organization administrator; DoT looks for gesture from DCC
- As the Centre faces a test in consolidating the two public segment telcos — Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL)
- It is accepted to have solidified an arrangement to permit the working of MTNL as a virtual organization administrator (VNO) under the aegis of BSNL.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE NEWS
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday inaugurated 44 bridges built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
- Most of bridges enhance connectivity to areas leading up to the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- Eight of these bridges are in Ladakh.
- 10 of these bridges are in Jammu and Kashmir connecting to the line of control with Pakistan.
India’s second phase of the National Supercomputing Mission:
- For establishing supercomputing infrastructure 13 institutes have signed MoU’s.
- Biggest impetus provided by this development make high performance computing systems to the researchers.
- UK approved the use of one second Geofencing technology.
- This technology covers the two limitation of GPS:- 1. Actual location clash. 2. Time lag.
- American firm Superpedestrian claims to have designed an inbuilt sensor-based geofenced system on its link e-scooters.
NTA to release NEET results 2020 on 16th October.
- Special exam for NEET 2020 is going to be held on 14th October for the students who couldn’t appeared in September for NEET 2020 due to COVID-19 infection or residing in the containment zone.
Tokyo to host international gymnastics event in November
- The event is sanctioned by the International Gymnastics Federation.
- It will feature 32 athletes from Japan, China, Russia and the United States.
IPL mid-season transfer window opens
- The IPL had introduced the mid-season transfer window last season.
- It’s a five day window for transfers of uncapped players and capped players who have played not more than 2 matches.
IPL | RCB v. KKR
- RCB won by 82 runs.
- AB de Villiers scored a whopping 73 runs in 33 balls.
NADA starts collecting samples of IPL 2020 players in the UAE
- The BBCI came under NADA’s ambit last year and since then the agency has deputed its DCOs at domestic as well as international matches at home for sample collection.
NBA Finals | Lakers equal Celtics’ record of 17 crowns
- Los Angeles Lakers reclaimed the title it had last won in 2010 led by Kobe Bryant.
- Los Angeles Lakers, fuelled by superstar LeBron James triple-double dominated Miami Heat 106-93 on Sunday to win its 17th NBA championship.