Prolawctor Daily News Update
It’s not mandatory for Private colleges to provide Quota to NRI’s says SC
- In a Petition filed by few medical aspirants in contrast to decision of HC of Rajasthan.
- Petition was in regards the action took by Colleges in Rajasthan that eliminated seats of NRI students.
- Court in its judgement made it clear that it’s upon the private college that whether they to admit NRI students or not. Though they have to inform this beforehand while releasing the admission forms.
Deep links between forced marriages and human trafficking.
- A report done by an agency revealed that there’s deep rooted interconnection between trafficking of humans and forced marriages.
- Through coercive measures these two are done.
- And victims of these two are too scared to ask for help as they are exploited enough.
- After this global research many legal agencies and human rights agencies are set to work on this sensitive issue
FIR filed against Kanganaa Ranaut.
- In High Court of Karnataka registration of FIR filed against Kanganaa has begun.
- FIR was lodged against Kanganaa for her tweets on Farmers protesting against Farmers Bill 2020.
- Many farmers have been protesting against the farmer’s bill passed by central government.
Husband booked for abetment of suicide because of HC interference.
- After year and half husband of a deceased woman have been booked for abetment of suicide.
- Last year on 20 October a woman named Arti found dead in her house.
- Last week Chembur Police changed death report in FIR against Arti’s husband and other family members.
- Till now police has been dodging the plea of victim’s brother. Victim’s brother moved to HC of Bombay. And after Court’s order they filed the FIR.
In Bhima Koregaon case chargesheet of 10,000 pages have been filed.
- NIA have filed 10000 chargesheet and even booked an activist aged 83 yr. old
- After finding evidence against the accused ones last week NIA filed the chargesheet and arrested them.
- NIA’s investigation revealed that all these accused are involved in conspiring against the state’s Harmony and were providing financial help to MAOISTS cadres to continue their agenda in the area.
- 58 cases were filed in January against around 162 people.
Afghanistan: Several people killed and wounded in roadside bomb explosion in Helmand Province.
- At least 5 people were killed and 9 people sustained injuries in a roadside bomb explosion.
- The spokesperson for Helmand governor, Omar Zwak, stated these numbers of wounded people in Gereshk district.
Hurricane Delta gushes Louisiana, Mississippi.
- The communities of Louisiana get stuck in the Hurricane Delta, just after struggling with the destruction caused by Hurricane Laura.
- Delta hit 100 mph top winds but gradually turned weaker.
- Delta’s whipping winds caused major destruction and downed multiple trees across Mississippi.
Switzerland claims that its held hostage has been killed in Mali.
- A Swiss woman held hostage in Mali since 2016 has been killed by an armed group affiliated to al-Qaeda, as said by Switzerland’s foreign ministry.
- He condemned the killing of Stoeckli and said that country had quietly been trying to negotiate since she was kidnapped four years ago.
Japan: Anti-submarine exercise has been initiated in South China Sea with three vessels.
- This anti-submarine drills in the South China Sea had been conducted by Japan’s Maritime Self-defense Force.
- This exercise was purposed “to boost their tactical capability”, as stated by the ministry.
- These three vessels will stop at Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam.
Four people have been killed in Beirut in an explosion.
- A fuel tank fire and an explosion killed four people in the Lebanese capital.
- More than 30 people were wounded in the conflagration.
- Firefighters used mobile ladders and evacuated people from buildings in the district of Tariq al-Jdide.
Philippines: A woman in arrested who was suspected of planning suicide attack.
- An Indonesian woman has been arrested who was suspected of planning a suicide bomb attack in the Southern Philippines.
- Previously, other two women had planned similar type of suicide bomb attack in which 15 people were killed and 74 people were injured.
- The arrested woman has been identified as Rezky Fantasya Rullie, who is an Indonesian widow.
Indian Army successful cripples Pakistan’s attempt to enter Kashmir, recovers 4 Ak 74 rifles.
- An Army official said in an interview that the Army noticed 2-3 men transporting something in a tube tied container across Kishenganga River and grew suspicious.
- The troops immediately reached the location and recovered four x AK 74 rifles, eight magazines and 240 rounds concealed in two bags.
“There have been attempts in Keran, Tangdhar, in Jammu sector and Punjab as well. The main aim is to keep the people of Kashmir involved always in terrorism. But, our resolve is to stop weapons from coming in so that there is minimal loss to the people here. We need the cooperation of the people in this so that we can stop terrorism,” the Corps Commander said. PTI SSB SNE.
IAF achieves a new record of highest skydive landing at Khardungla Pass in Leh
- Two Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel created a record of the highest sky dive landing as they performed the maneuver at Khardung La Pass in Leh. It is situated at an altitude of 17,982 feet.
- Wing Commander Gajanad Yadava and Warrant Officer AK Tiwari carried out the skydiving exercise to celebrate the 88th Air Force Day on October 8.
- “Both the air warriors have shown excellent professionalism, grit and determination in overcoming adverse conditions and achieving the grand success of setting a new IAF record”, the statement noted.
“I want to assure the nation the IAF will evolve and be ever ready to safeguard our nation’s sovereignty and interests,” said the Air chief.
India’s indigenously developed Rustom- II Drone Flight – Tested; achieved 8 hour of flying at 16 thousand feet.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on Friday (9 October) successfully flight-tested the indigenously developed Rustom-II medium altitude long endurance drone.
- The prototype drone achieved eight hours of flying at an altitude of over 16,000 feet at Karnataka’s Chitradurga. The drone is expected to achieve 18 hours of continued flying at a height of 26,000 feet by the end of 2020 itself.
- The DRDO is developing Rustom-II drone to match the specifications of the Israeli Heron unmanned aerial vehicle which is already being used by the Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy. However, the drone will have to undergo several more tests and user trials to reach the stage of induction by the forces.
Violating dust control norm cost FICCI Rs.20 lakh.
- The Delhi Pollution Control Committee had earlier asked FICCI to stop work at the demolition site. It is mandatory to install anti-smog guns at construction and demolition sites larger than 20,000 square meters
- The Delhi government on Saturday imposed a fine of Rs 20 lakh on the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for violating dust control norms at a demolition site on Tansen Marg here, according to an official order.
- “An undertaking to this effect should be submitted within 7 days. You should also take adequate measures to rectify the deficiencies observed during the inspection on October 9 and submit a compliance report within a week,” it said.
- “Similar action will be taken against contractors at large sites violating dust control norms despite several warnings. No one will be spared,” Rai added.
Five people have been arrested for allegedly raping a 17 year girl in Jharkhand.
- Five people have been arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl in Jharkhand’s Jamshedpur, the police said today. The girl was in the Bagbera area of the city with a male friend on Tuesday when the accused kidnapped them at gunpoint and took them to Kaliadih Gaushala, Senior Superintendent of Police Tamil Vanan said.
- The accused tied up her friend there and raped the girl, the official added. Among those arrested is a minor who has been sent to a juvenile home, while the others were sent to jail, he said.
- The accused have been identified as Shankar Tiu, Roshan Kujur, Suraj Patro and Sunny Soren, the official said.
1st of its kind Smog Tower in Connaught Place in Delhi
- On Friday, the Delhi cabinet sanctioned 20 crores for the establishment of first of its kind Smog Tower in Delhi to limit and control air pollution.
- CM of Delhi said, “We’re calling it a pilot project for now, and if it’s successful, many more smog towers will be built across Delhi.”
- CM also launched a tree plantation policy under Yudh, pradushan ke virudh” campaign, where 80% of the tress will be planted which are otherwise destroyed or affected by construction projects.
Dilip Ghosh, along with other BJP activists, leads candlelight march in Kolkata
- Dilip Ghosh along with BJP activists participated in the silent candlelight parade in Kolkata, against police assault and violence on party members.
- He said that BJP members believe in non-violent protest. Their march was against lawlessness of police department, where more than 100 members were wounded by the attack of police during their silent march.
2 militants were shot dead in J&K’s Kulgam
- Two militants were shot dead in fire exchange with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
- They have been recognized as Tariq Ahmed Mir resident of Zangalpora Divsar Kulgam, and another is Sameer bhai alias Usman, resident of Punjab, Pakistan.
- Army officials said that Stan both were terrorists and were involved in many terrorist activities and killings of civilians, also M4 rifles and a pistol has been found on the site of encounter.
Tamil Nadu government rebuts accusations made on Mullaperiyar dam panel
- The Tamil Nadu government has proved wrong the accusations made in Supreme Court that the supervisory committee for Mullaperiyar dam “stepped down from its duties” to evaluate the safety of the structure and water levels.
- When the court said that the supervisory committee delegates its work to sub-Committee, the state explained, that sub-Committee is headquartered in Kochi, and has members from both Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- It time to time inspects the dam, and reports the details to the supervisory committee. So, the sub-committee only assists the supervisory committee and it cannot be termed as the delegation of the authority of supervisory committee.
For setting up a national office TRS got an enormous Government land in state of Delhi
- In Vasant Vihar a land of 1,100 sq m. Have been given to the Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
- The land costs around 2lac/acre. Though exact price is not available right now.
- K Chandrasekhar Rao is leaving no stone unturned for his party and is setting it up to stand in general election as soon as possible.
- Till now no other political party from Southern India had an official set-up like this in Delhi.
- Search for a good land was started since 2018 which came to halt in South Delhi.
RBI appeals to SC to allow NPA classification of loans
- The RBI has appealed SC to let banks classify loans as nonperforming, saying a ban imposed to help borrowers in the pandemic could greatly harm the nation’s financial system.
- The central bank, in a filing to the SC, warned that failure to immediately lift an interim stay on banks classifying any loan as a NPA would also undermine the central bank’s regulatory mandate.
- The court granted the stay last month, responding to a plea filed by an Indian optician, later joined by a wide range of borrowers whose income or revenue was hit by the pandemic.
- Court to rule on the issue on 13 October 2020.
Home loans to become cheaper
- To make home loans cheaper, the RBI said that it will rationalise the risk weights and link them to LTV ratios for new housing loans sanctioned up to March 31, 2022.
- It has been decided, as a countercyclical measure, to rationalize the risk weights by linking them only with LTV ratios for all new housing loans, says the central bank.
India imposes provisional duty on certain Indonesian steel products
- The government imposed provisional countervailing duty on certain flat stainless steel products from Indonesia.
- The imposition is made to protect domestic steel manufacturers from subsidised imports.
- Based on the findings of the Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR), the finance ministry issued an order to levy the provisional countervailing duty in the range of 22.31% to 24.83% on certain types of flat stainless products for a period of four months.
- The countervailing duty will not, however, be applicable on certain products such as blade steel used to manufacture razors and coin blanks used in the production of monetary coins, says one of the officials working in the finance ministry.
ONGC losing Rs 6K-7K crore on natural gas biz every year
- ONGC is losing around Rs 6,000 -7,000 crore every year on its natural gas business as the price of the gas produced under the APM remains well below the cost of production for the company.
- Over 95% of ONGC’s production of 60-65 Million Metric Standard Cubic Meter per Day is priced under the government’s APM.
- The central government recently lowered the price of natural gas under the APM to $1.79 per Metric Million British Thermal Unit from $2.39 Metric Million British Thermal Unit for six months starting October 1.
Trade bodies urge centre to set up regulator
- Several trade bodies have urged the central government to set up a regulator to deal with rising freight charges amidst shortage of containers.
- The Engineering Export Promotion Council of India claimed that shipping lines are demanding high freight charges as inward traffic from different countries, particularly from China, has declined for which the exporters are required to pay a higher amount.
- Imports from China have fallen and the liners have increased freight rates. No shipping company likes to sail empty after delivery of export consignments, says Sanjay Budhia, Chairman of CII’s National Committee on Exports and Imports.
- He also added that all the exporters across the country are facing this problem.
IPL top teams to face each other on Sunday.
- Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals to face each other on Sunday.
- Both the IPL teams are in top position; DC is leading whereas MI is chasing good.
- Delhi Capitals have won 5 games from 6.
- MI is chasing with 3 won games and a good run rate.
Brazil won over Bolivia
- Roberto Firmino, Liverpool striker scored 5-0 over Bolivia.
- This victory has led them to be 2022 World Cup Qualifier.
- They reached the South American Qualifying table.
- Sofia Kenin to face Iga Swiatek today.
- Sofia is fighting for second Grand Slam.
- Swiatek is battling to become Poland’s first singles champion.
Mercedes team hit by Covid-19
- Mercedes Team of F1 has fallen prey of Coronavirus.
- Lewis Hamilton and Valterri Bottas have been tested positive.
- They will be quarantined in their rooms.
DEFENCE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE NEWS.
After Negotiations with Defence Ministry, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) protest against its corporation on Oct 12 has been called off.
- Child labor commissioner met with representatives from OFB and the DEFENCE of MINISTRY on 9th October after a meeting came to the conclusion to call of the indefinite strike temporarily.
71st International Astronautical congress (IAC) coverage will air on NASA television and agency’s website.
- NASA will discuss during the conference about the lunar’s exploration plans for sending the American astronauts to the surface of the moon in 2024.
- Event will take place on Monday, October 12th through Wednesday October 14th.
Multiyear strategic partnership of GameStop with Microsoft
- Aim of the partnership is to extend the digital Omni-channel ecosystem.
- GameStop will standardize the company’s business operations on Microsoft’s cloud solutions and hardware products to deliver rich nee digital experiences to the customers.
Excessive use of hand sanitizers and antimicrobial soaps can lead to more antimicrobial resistance and worsen the situation: AIIMS.
- It has been estimated that by 2050, about 10 million human lives could be at risk if the drug resistance is not managed.
Cipla is scouting for vaccine collaborations that can tame the COVID-19 virus.
- Cipla is one of the largest global suppliers of respiratory and inhalable medicines.
- Cipla entering into the marketing collaborations with other companies for developing the COVID-19 vaccines.