Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
We don’t want blood on our hands: CJI to Centre on farm laws
- While hearing petitions against new farm laws, the Chief Justice of India SA Bobde told the Centre, “We don’t want any injuries or blood on our hands.
- We have an apprehension that someday maybe, there might be a breach of peace.
- Each one of us we will responsible if anything goes wrong.
Delhi HC allows woman to terminate pregnancy in 28th week
- Delhi High Court allows a woman’s plea to terminate her 28-week pregnancy after an AIIMS medical board said her fetus can be aborted as it suffered from anencephaly.
- The Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act of 1971 prohibits abortion after 20 weeks and the woman had challenged the provisions of the statute.
Come up with concrete plan to deal with stubble burning : SC tells Centre
- Supreme Court on Monday told the Centre to submit a detailed report on how it plans to control stubble burning in the future.
- Come to us with a concrete plan on stubble burning Supreme Court said.
- The petitioner said that although the stubble burning season is over, the Centre’s affidavit needs to show steps for next season.
HC notice to Delhi govt over plea to declare all child marriages invalid
- The Delhi High Court on Monday sought response of the Delhi government on plea to declare all child marriages performed in the national capital as “invalid”.
- High Court issued notice to Delhi government and sought its stand on the petition by a woman who has also sought to nullify her marriage which was allegedly perfomed when she was a minor.
Centre asks SC to stop farmer’s tractor rally on Republic Day
- The Centre on Monday moved the Supreme Court against the tractor rally scheduled to be held on January 26 by protesting farmers if the farm laws are not repealed.
- The Centre stated that the rally is bound to create a serious law and order situation and will cause an embarrassment to the nation.
Bharat Biotech set to dispatch the first consignment of Covaxin
- Bharat Biotech, which has received emergency use approval from the DCGI for its Covid-19 vaccine Covaxin, is set to dispatch it from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
- Covaxin is being large natively developed by Bharat Biotech in a joint effort with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) – National Institute of Virology (NIV).
Farmer’s Protest: Bihar Congress to march to Raj Bhavan on 15th Jan
- Bhakta Charan Das, on Tuesday, expressed gratitude toward the Supreme Court (SC) for conceded the apprehension of agitating farmers and said the party would take out a march to Raj Bhavan in Patna on January 15 in support of the cause.
- Conversing with media people after a meeting of the party’s farmer wing, Das, also a former Union Minister, catechize Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s quietness on the issue.
- The AICC leader thrashed the Central government for subverting constitutional institutions and said it didn’t have any regard for the RTI Act.
Uttar Pradesh: SEC communicates reservations over govt timeline for the panchayat election
- The SEC has told the government that it probably won’t be conceivable to hold rural polls according to the government’s plan because of the scarcity of time needed to finish the revision of the electoral roll.
- Minister of Panchayati raj Bhupendra Chaudhary has publicly said the government will issue its poll notification around mid-February for the commission to begin voting by mid-March.
- The SEC feels it might require more time to be poll ready regardless of whether the government finishes arrangements on its part.
25 states/UTs have less than 5,000 active Covid-19 cases: Health ministry
- The Union health ministry on Tuesday said that 25 states/Union Territories have less than 5,000 active cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
- The ministry said that India has recorded 12,584 new cases of Covid, the most minimal in around seven months, taking the nation’s Covid-19 caseload to 1,04,79,179.
- There are 2,16,558 active Covid infections in the nation which comprises 2.07 percent of the total caseload, the data stated.
Vaccine delivery by GoAir begins; operates flight to Chennai from Pune
- Budget carrier GoAir has operated a flight to Chennai from Pune, containing 70,800 vials of Covid-19 vaccines as the much-awaited rollout of the vaccine.
- According to GoAir, the flight took off for Chennai from Pune early morning on Tuesday, carrying 70,800 vials (7,08,000 doses) of the vaccine.
Centre moves SC to stop farmers’ tractor rally on Republic Day
- The home ministry moved the Supreme Court on seeking to restrain protesting farmers from taking out a tractor rally on Republic Day.
- It would be a huge embarrassment to the nation if the constitutional ceremony was disrupted in any manner or a law and order situation arose.
PM Narendra Modi’s address on 2nd National Youth Parliament
- The National Youth Parliament Festival is organized as part of celebrations on the National Youth Day which is observed to commemorate Swami Vivekananda on his birth anniversary.
- Dynastic politics is the biggest enemy of democracy said Prime Minister Modi on Tuesday addressing the valedictory function of the second National Youth Parliament Festival via video conferencing.
Shivalik : Uttarakhand HC stays denotifying order
- The Uttarakhand HC stayed the government order (GO) denotifying Shivalik Elephant Reserve.
- The bench held that the government’s notification goes against the provisions of the Forest Conservation Act 1980.
NEP task force is ready with action plan for parents, teachers
- The National Education Policy 2020 (NEP) is the first step towards demolishing the restrictive, repetitive, regimented processes of learning in schools, enabling students to have an edge over others in this competitive world, said Ashok Ganguly, former CBSE chairman.
Union minister Shripad Naik injured in road mishap; wife killed
- Union minister Shripad Naik was injured while his wife and personal assistant were killed in a road accident in Karnataka.
- The 68-year-old minister was being brought to Goa Medical College for further treatment.
Indonesia crash: Sriwijaya Air plane’s flight data recorder retrieved
- The flight data recorder was brought ashore, but the teams are still trying to locate the cockpit voice recorder.
- The authorities hope that data from the black boxes can give vital clues on the possible cause of the crash.
- The Boeing 737 plunged into the sea shortly after take-off, with 62 people on board. There were no survivors.
China: Make-up wipes ad pulled over victim-blaming claims
- The ad by Purcotton, which has gone viral, shows a woman wiping away her make-up to scare off a male stalker.
- Social media users condemned it as it insinuated women were to blame for unwanted sexual attention.
- Others said it was offensive as it suggested that women were unattractive without make-up.
Florida manatee with ‘Trump’ etched on back prompts investigation
- The marine mammal was spotted on Sunday in Florida’s Homosassa River, with the US president’s surname on its body.
- Officials told AP news agency that the animal does not appear to be seriously injured, and the word was scraped onto algae growing on its skin.
- But a video of the West Indian manatee has led to public outcry.
- Manatees, nicknamed “sea cows,” are protected under US law, and anyone found guilty of harassing them faces up to a year in prison and a $50,000 (£37,000) fine.
Diary Sow: Talented Senegal student disappears in France
- Diary Sow did not return to school after the Christmas holidays, causing concern in Senegal and France.
- Described as “the best student in Senegal”, Ms Sow won several national academic prizes and published her first novel last year.
- Aged 20, she has not been seen since 4 January.
Wood wins £88m Chinese refinery expansion deal
- Under the deal, Aberdeen-based Wood will provide Chinese group Sinopec with engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services in Hainan.
- Once completed, the ethylene renovation and expansion project will produce up to one million tonnes of ethylene derivatives and refined oil annually.
- Output will serve ethylene demand across China and globally.
- Pipework and cables for power, telecommunications and lighting will be delivered by Wood’s engineering and project management teams based in Shanghai and on site.
As RIL, HDFC Bank rally Sensex closes in on 50,000
- Reliance Industries and HDFC Bank powered Indian stocks to another record high due to the strong gains in market heavyweights.
- The gross non-performing assets of Indian banks might increase from 7.5% in September 2020 to 14.8%, as reported by RBI, under a severe stress scenario.
Retail inflation returns to RBI’s comfort range, declines to 4.59% in December
- As vegetable prices plunged sharply, retail inflation declined to 4.59 percent in December last year; it’s calculated on the basis of Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- Marking a return to the comfort range prescribed by RBI for the first time in nine months this is the lowest point in retail inflation since March last year, when it was pegged at 5.84 percent.
India’s industry output buck’s revival trend, contracts 1.9% in November
- Measured by the Index of Industrial Production (IP), India’s industrial output contracts 1.9 percent year-on-year in the month of November as per MoSPI’s data release.
- The government data showed that the country’s industrial output had grown by 2.1 percent in November 2019 and 4.2 percent in October 2020.
SEBI penalty on SBI, LIC, Bank of Baroda over UTI MF overturned by Securities Appellate Tribunal
- The penalty imposed by SEBI on SBI, Bank of Baroda and LIC o the matter of UTI Asset Management Company has been reversed by SAT.
- The SAT order stated that 3 appeals are partly allowed by substituting the monetary penalty of Rs. 10 lacs each imposed on the appellant with warning not including costs in the order.
Website that helped raise funds for those who attended US Capitol violence blocked by PayPal
- The Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo blocked by PayPal Holdings Inc, after it helped raised funds for people attending the Capitol violence in Washington supporting President Donald Trump.
- The account of Ali Alexander, one of the organizers of the gathering was closed as per digital payments processor’s confirmation to Reuters.
Issues of Krunal Pandya and Deepak Hooda is a matter of Concern, says Irfan Khan
- Deepak Hooda gave a written complain to BCA about his unavailability as Kurnal had abused him repeatedly before other player.
- Accordingly, the CEO of State Cricket Association alleged the cricketer Deepak Hooda for misconduct and walking away from responsibility.
- Seeing this, Irfan Pathan expressed his feeling about how this can have adverse effect on the others player and future as well.
P.V. Sindhu Loses in Opening Round of Yonex International Badminton Competition
- Sindhu got defeated from Denmark’s player Mia Blichfeldt in the opening round of Yonex, Thailand, the match continued for about 74 minutes.
- While in Men’s Singles, Sai Praneeth also loses the match while Saina Nehwal didn’t even make to the tournament as she was tested positive for Covid-19.
Indian Team Suffering seems Never-Ending in Australia
- Racial comment issue wasn’t even solved and a new problem is being faced by the Indian players, the list of injured cricketers keep on rising up.
- Ashwin wasn’t seem to be resting in the rest room while everyone anticipated that this could be due to match pressure, his wife Prithivi Ashwin disclosed the real reason that was his severe back pain.
Khasa Camara to be Starring Line-up in ISL This Year
- During his holiday in Paris with his family Mauritian International footballer Khasas Camara received a call from his agent proposing him an offer to play in Indian Super League (ISL).
- After he confirmed from Bernard Mendy who had played football for 3 years in ISL and Triadis who has also played in ISL he, took the proposal and accepted to move to India.
Shrikant doesn’t seem happy with his Treatment
- Kidambi Shrikant is a Former World’s Number One Shuttler, who participated in Thailand open with P.V. Sindhu and other Badminton players but tested positive for Covid-19.
- During his treatment for Covid-19 in Thailand, Shrikant got blooded nose to which he tweeted that he is unsatisfied with the Health Official of Thailand Open.