Prime Minister’s Speech Key Takeaways On 15 August, 2020
Prime Minister’s Speech Key
1. Prime minister in his independence speech expressed his gratitude towards the Corona warriors (healthcare workers) for living up to the mantra of “Seva Parmo Dharma” in the difficult times and working diligently.
2. He mentioned that India is now self-sufficient in producing N-95 masks, PPE kits, and ventilators to meet the requirements which were initially imported. Furthermore, India is now in a position to export these to help other countries.
3. In the previous year, India recorded an increase of 18% in Foreign Direct Investment, which highlights an up towards trend in the confidence of nations in Indian policies and economy.
4. The prime minister in his speech stated that India cannot become ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ without the farmers and agricultural sectors being Aatmanirbhar. Therefore, ‘Agriculture Infrastructure Fund’ has been created with 1 Lakh Crore Rupees to prioritise the agricultural sector and make it self-sufficient.
5. He launched a new campaign called the National Digital Health Mission in order to bring a revolution within the Indian health care sector.
6. Initially, only a few village panchayats (approx. 60 villages) were connected via optical fibre. However, in the last five years connectivity has been established in around 1.5 lakh village panchayats.
7. Education is quintessential for making India self-sufficient or Aatmanirbhar. Therefore a new educational policy has been introduced to match up to the changing needs.
8. Presently in India, there are three vaccines under the testing stage, which will be circulated ones the vaccines clear all the stages.
9. Our soldiers have always been quick at protecting the sovereignty of India and fight back any form of aggression at LAC and LoC.
10. The authorities are working towards the process of delimitation in the state Jammu and Kashmir in order to hold elections to elect people’s representatives.
11. In the coming days, government will work towards establishing a submarine-based optical fiber in order to set up connectivity in Lakshadweep.
12. The issue of Ram janmbhoomi which has been unresolved for years has finally been peacefully settled which highlights the exceptional conduct of the people.
1 thought on “Prime Minister’s Speech Key Takeaways On 15 August, 2020”