Kovise Foundation Conflict Resolution International (KFCRI) is a first of its kind institution providing ADR Practice Accreditation in all aspects of ADR as well as maintain a functioning administrative centre to manage and empower Dispute Resolution Mechanisms used by clients worldwide.
During these challenging times where most of the world is restricted within the vicinity of their homes, we may have less than a few tasks to engage in. Physical movements maybe restricted but the keen urge of a human being to indulge in the search of knowledge can never be restricted.
In furtherance to this and to initiate a healthy debate in the ADR arena globally various mediums and avenues are to be arranged. Thereby any contributions in the form of an essay in accordance with the thought-provoking theme of the Competition and the formats are invited herein. There is no registration/entry fee for this Competition.
A Regulatory Body in the field of Arbitration: A Boon or Bane?
Please note that the aforementioned theme is distinct in nature and the participants are restricted to submit only on this theme.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation
Authors must be pursuing their under-graduate/post-graduate from any university for the academic year of 2019-2020, to be eligible to participate in the competition.
Structure & Prizes
All entries will be judged and ranked by a peer-review system. Selected entries shall be published on the KFCRI monthly e-newsletter. All entries shall receive a certificate for participation. The top five entries shall also receive certificates of merit.
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions are allowed.
- Multiple entries for the same authors are not allowed.
- Entries should be original, unpublished and non-plagiarized.
Mode of Registration
The last date for the registration is at 11:59 PM (IST) on 25th April 2020. Interested participants can find the registration link below, it has to be completely filled and submitted before 11:59 PM (IST) on 24th April 2020.
- Word limit: 1500-2500 words.
- Citation style: Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the essay.
- The file name must consist only the Name(s) of the Author(s).
- The file shall only be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The last date for the submission is at 11:59 PM (IST) on 31st May 2020.
- All submissions should be sent via email to essaycompetition.kfcri[at]gmail.com with the subject line as “Submission – [Name(s) of Author(s)] – KFCRI Online ADR Essay Competition – June 2020”.
The body of the mail shall consist:
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the University
- Degree and Year of pursuance
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman: 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman: 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Justified (Aligned)
- Last date to register: 25th April 2020 [11:59 PM (IST)]
- Last date to submit: 31st May 2020 [11:59 PM (IST)]
- Declaration of results: 15th June 2020 [Subject to change]
Write us at essaycompetition.kfcri[at]gmail.com in case of queries. For which the Subject of the email shall only be “Queries – KFCRI Online ADR Essay Competition – June 2020”
- Shanmuga Dev: +91 7358579597
- Suvethan. G.S: +91 9042343543
- Sharukumar.S.I: +91 9003184869
- Sri Nikila: +91 9865851999