Contents of Article
Kerala withdraws amendment to police Act after backlash
- Kerala CM said his government has no plan to go ahead with the ordinance.
- In view of concern expressed from various quarters, we have decided not to go ahead with it, said CM Vijayan.
- News is the ordinance wanted to give more power to police in prosecuting the people who were spreading hate against others in the social media.
Supreme Court asks Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Assam to file status report on covid-19 situation
- A bench headed by Justice Ashok Bhushan pulled up Gujarat and Delhi over the worsening covid-19 situation and asked all states to file status reports.
- Court asked Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Assam governments to fail status reports on the current covid-19 situation in the respective states and preparedness to deal with surge of cases in the coming months.
Orissa High Court clears way for arrest of Jay, Jagi Panda in Dalit ‘land grab’ case
- The Orissa High Court has refused to criminal proceedings against vice president of BJP and his wife in an alleged case of land grabbing.
- High Court made it clear that this case of land grabbing is serious and proceeding cannot be quashed in the present case.
Mumbai court grants bail to Bharti Singh, Harsh Limbachiya in drugs case
- Mumbai court granted bail of 15,000 each to comedian Bharti Singh and her husband in a case filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau.
- The additional chief metropolitan magistrate at Esplanade Court allowed the bail application of the couple. Who were on Sunday remanded to judicial custody till December 4.
China has vowed to eradicate absolute poverty by 2020 :
- China’s remaining nine impoverished counties had eliminated extreme poverty, state media reported.
- The counties, all in southwest China’s Guizhou province, had eradicated absolute poverty, the provincial government said in a conference.
- Chinese government statistics say the country has lifted some 850 million out of poverty, contributing over 70% to global poverty reduction, in the last few decades, which was confirmed in a news report.
China is chastising at Washington for its withdrawal from the new Open Skies Treaty with Russia :
- China is lashing out at Washington over its withdrawal from the “Open Skies Treaty” with Russia, saying the move undermines military trust and transparency and imperils future attempts at arms control.
- The treaty to which China is not a signatory, had allowed each country overflight rights to inspect military facilities which leaves only one arms-control pact still in force between the former Cold War respectively.
- The New treaty, which limits the number of nuclear warheads each may have.
- That treaty will expire in February and the Trump administration had said it wasn’t interested in extending it unless China also joined, something Beijing says it will not follow through under any demands.
A 33-year-old Indian man was attacked by three mask-wearing Pakistani burglars :
- A 33-year-old Indian man was attacked by three mask-wearing Pakistani burglars who also stole his laptop, mobile phone and some cash while he was asleep at his home in Dubai.
- He said the attackers put a plastic bag over his face and tape on his mouth.
- The burglars stole the man’s laptop, mobile phone, cash, and credit cards, the news report said.
- The next hearing in the case is scheduled for December 9 the report said.
The World Meteorological Organization said the gases at record High despite the On-going Pandemic:
- Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the main driver of climate change, hit record highs last year and have continued climbing this year, despite measures to halt the pandemic, the UN declared on a news report this Monday.
- The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said that while lockdowns and other measures had cut emissions
- This had not curbed record concentrations of the greenhouse gases that are trapping heat in the atmosphere, raising temperatures, causing sea levels to rise and driving more extreme weather disturbing the ecological balance.
South Coast to hit by Cyclone Nivar
- News from Chennai, Cyclone Nivar is likely to cause heavy rainfall in Southern states.
- It is likely to hit Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu & Puducherry on Wednesday.
- Cyclone Amphan, Nisarga, Fani, Bulbul, Vayu, Maha were the cyclones to have occurred in India since 2019.
Maharashtra : ‘Inflated’ power bills burnt by Former Energy Minister
- Electricity bills burnt by former energy minister Chandrasekhar Bawankule to protest against the state government.
- Those who consume up to 300 units of electricity daily should get waiver from bill payment for the March to June period, Bawankule demanded.
- Bawankule also claimed that, people have lost jobs & several consumers have received inflated bills. The government should correct these bills.
Ahead of Cyclone, 6 NDRF teams posted in elements of Tamil Nadu
- 6 NDRF have been posted in Cuddalore & Chidambaram towns.
- Cyclone storm warning over Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coast in the next 24 hours.
- The well-marked low pressure over Southwest Bay of Bengal is very likely to intensify further into a cyclonic storm during next 24 hours & move towards Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coast, IMD said.
Himachal Pradesh : Rain, Snowfall brings Mercury down
- State capital Shimla received light showers while Lahaul-spiti, Kulla & Chamba district got snow.
- Keylong received 5cm of Snowfall.
- Snowfall in isolated places of the higher hills & rainfall in the middle & Lower hills & plains of the state are likely to continue till Nov 26.
- A yellow warning has been issued for 7 Districts for Nov 25.
Bhosari : FDA officials impersonated by 4, booked
- 4 men were remanded to the custody for impersonating officials of FDA.
- They went to bakery & pointed out things like missing dates on bread packets & missing packaging on bakery products & cited them as FDA violates.
- A case was registered under sec 171, 385, 465, 468, 471 & 34 of IPC.
- 4 men tried to coax money out of bakery worker in the form of bribe.
Former Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi passed away
- The sad news from Assam., former Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi who tested positive on August 25 had been undergoing post-COVID treatments at Gauhati Medical College Hospital.
- It has been reported that the three time chief minister was on ventilation where his blood pressure is constantly fluctuating due to which he passed away.
Open web girder Patripool Rail Over Bridge (RoB) started in Kalyan
- On Saturday, the first phase of girder for the new Patripool Rail Over Bridge has launched in Kalyan which was dismantled as it was affecting the traffic movement.
- The Rail Over Girder which is 76.67m long is a significant part of the Kalyan-Shilpata stretch of which 41m was launched while the 35m remaining portion will be launched on November23.
137 crore revenue generated by Uttar Pradesh from sanitiser manufacture
- According to the reports which have been released by excise department, Uttar Pradesh has not only manufactured a record breaking production of sanitiser, it has also generated revenue of Rs 137 crore from the process.
- The statistics reveals that 177 lakh litre of sanitiser has been produced in the span of March 24 to November 15 which has also brought proceeds of Rs 137 crore.
- Additional Chief Secretary Excise Sanjay R Bhoosredddy stated that of total production 87.01 lakh has been consumed within Uttar Pradesh.
One jawan injured and three Maoists killed in Chattisgarh gunfight
- On Monday, three members of the CPI (Maoist) have been killed in gunfight with the security forces which took place in Tadoki of Kanker district, 200 kms south from Raipur.
- The jawans of the SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal) were on their daily patrolling routine when the maoist opened fire on the personnel. Anan Kuma, Head Constable of SSB has been injured during the battle and was rushed to the hospital where his condition is reported to be stable.
Former Karnataka Minister and Congress MLA Roshan Baig apprehended by CBI
- On Monday, a team of 12 CBI officials has raided the residence premises of former Karnataka Minister Roshan Baig who was apprehended by them in connection with I-Monetary Advisory Ponzi scam.
- It has been reported that he would be in judicial custody and will be housed in quarantine at Central Jail in Parappana Agrahara. Mohammed Mansoor Khan who is managing director and chief executive officer of IMA group and also a prime accused has allegedly stated that he gave Rs 400 crore to Roshan Baig.
S&P sceptical of allowing corporates into Indian banking sector
- News from business world, the RBI proposes that only well-managed NBFCs with over 10 years of experience and Rs 50,000 crore of assets will be allowed to convert to a bank.
- S&P Global Ratings on Monday expressed scepticism over allowing corporate ownership in banks given India’s weak corporate governance amid large corporate defaults over the past few years.
- It also said that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will face challenges in supervising non-financial sector entities at a time when the health of financial sector is weak.
- Last week, a RBI panel had proposed that large corporates may be permitted to promote banks, as well as raising the cap on promoters’ stake in private sector banks to 26 per cent, from15 per cent at present.
Lakshmi Vilas Bank’s stock tanks over 48 pc in 5 days, investors continue to dump shares
- News from share market, shares of Lakshmi Vilas Bank declined for the fifth consecutive day on Monday and have tanked over 48 per cent during this time as investors continued to desert the counter amid host of negative news surrounding the company.
- On Monday, the stock plunged 10 per cent to Rs 8.10 — its lower circuit limit as well as one year low — on the BSE.
- On the NSE, it plummeted 10 per cent to Rs 8.10 — its lowest trading permissible limit for the day.
- In five trading days, the stock has tanked 48.24 per cent on the BSE.
Reliance Industries, Future Group Stocks Rally On Strong Demand
- Most important news from stock market is the shares of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) closed nearly 3 per cent higher on Monday after the Competition Commission approved the company’s proposed acquisition of retail, wholesale, logistics and warehousing businesses of Future Group.
- Future Group stocks were also in heavy demand, rising up to 10 per cent.
- RIL shares rose 2.72 per cent to close at Rs 1,950.80 on the BSE. During the day, it gained 3.72 per cent to Rs 1,970.
- On the NSE, it jumped 2.93 per cent to close at Rs 1,955.20.
Against US dollarRupee opens on flat note, Rupee opens on flat note
- The rupee opened on a flat note and was trading in a narrow range against the US dollar in the opening session on Monday as rising Covid-19 cases offset positive sentiments surrounding the progress on the vaccine front.
- At the interbank forex market, the domestic unit opened at 74.12 against the US dollar. In early trade, the local unit also touched 74.17 against the American currency.
- On Friday, the local unit had settled at 74.16 against the greenback.
- The dollar index, which gauges the greenback’s strength against a basket of six currencies, was down 0.13 per cent to 92.26, via news report
Djokovic support Zverev on his domestic violence allegations
- Novak Djokovic posted a peculiar message on social media granting his support towards Zverev.
- After the ATP tour final day 23 your old German, continued to claim his innocence in the press conference.
- “What else can I say? I said all I could,” : Zverev.
- Zverev’s ex-girlfriend Sharypova took to Instagram to claim the world that she had faced physical abuse during their relationship.
- Later she said they have you started when their hit her head against the walls before suffocating and punching her in the face.
Mohammed Shami ready for long heave in India’s tour of Australia
- After about a week of Quarantine in Sydney, Indian team is training every day ahead of the contest against Australia.
- Mohammed Shami is concentrating a lot more on the red ball Cricket that is test matches.
- “We are going to have a long tour starting with the wide ball followed by the pink and the red ball test,” said Shami.
- The Adelaide test will be played with pink ball, which swings more than its red variant.
- For a bowler like Shami, especially a Pacer, adjusting length will be the key.
Gaza boxing ring gets stormed by the girls
- The bell rings in a gloomy basement in the Gaza strip and two teenage girls wearing head gear and gloves start circling each other in the ring.
- The thunderous voice of the commentator drowned out the small crowd that has defined the coronavirus pandemic.
- One of the young fighters, Farah Abu 15, says she had long followed boxing online before switched from the screen to the ropes.
- “I used to watch boxes like Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali, I love watching them fight,” said Abu Farah to a news agency.
- Girls and women completed according to the weight categories at the tournament last Friday
WWE legend Undertaker bids farewell to his fans
- The 55 year old WWE superstar, The Undertaker made his debut 30 years ago at the survivor series and ended his career thirty years after at the Survivor series.
- The Undertaker called curtains to his illustrious career spanning three decades at the WWE survivor series on Sunday.
- The Undertaker said that “the time has come to let the Undertaker rest in peace”.
- “For 30 long years I have made that slow walk to the spring and have laid people tourist time and time again.
- Subsequently, a video montage was also played to celebrate the Stellar career of the Undertaker.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE AND DEFENCE
Redesigned Icon Spotted Online, Google Call May Be the New Name for Phone by Google App
- Google Call May Be the New Name for Phone by Google App, Redesigned Icon Spotted Online.
- Google Call may be the new name for Phone by Google.
- Google has not shared any information on the rebrand.
- Google Call also supports caller ID functionality.
Starting next year, Chrome extensions will show what data they collect from users
- Google Chrome extensions on the Chrome Web Store will show details on what user data is being collected.
- Chrome extension to show details on collected data from January 2021.
- Google shared the development through a blog post.
- Chrome extension developers will have to give full disclosure.
Announces $7.6 million support for security infrastructure, Japan signs pact with Maldives
- A good news from defence is, Japan, India’s strategic partner in the Indo-Pacific region, on Sunday signed a pact to strengthen Maldives security infrastructure that would contribute to stability in the Southern Indian Ocean.
- The Maldives and Japan on Sunday signed the Exchange of Notes under the Economic and Social Development Programme of the Government of Japan.
- For a grant aid of 800 million Japanese Yen (USD 7.6m) to be extended to the Maldives Coast Guard and the Maritime Rescue and Coordination Center.
HAL’s Intermediate Jet Trainer commences spin flight testing
- The eciting news, the IJT has already been tested to its full envelope in terms of speed, altitude and load factor (g envelope) and has also been integrated with drop tanks as well as bombs, according to HAL.
- The flight was piloted by HAL’s test pilots Gp. Capt H.V. Thakur (Retd) and Wg. Cdr P. Avasti (Retd), the Bengaluru- headquartered HAL said in a statement on Monday.
- “The spin testing of an aircraft is the most crucial phase of its flight testing.
- Accordingly, the testing will be gradually progressed to assess the behaviour of the aircraft till six turn spins to either side to meet the targeted requirement”, the PSU Defence major said.
- The IJT has already been tested to its full envelope in terms of speed, altitude and load factor (g envelope) and has also been integrated with drop tanks as well as bombs, according to HAL.