Prolawctor Daily News Update
Gurugram court Granted anticipatory bail to RTI activist accused of rape
- 68-year old RTI activist accused of rape was granted anticipatory bail by fast track court in Gurugram.
- “The court observed that as its prima facie appears to be a case of consensual physical relations and in court opinion, it is a fit case to grant benefit of interim anticipatory bail to the applicant. Hence, the applicant is admitted to interim bail till 10.11.20” the order said.
Let Maharashtra house panel take call then we will see: said SC to Arnab Goswami
- “Let the committee take a call and we will look into it…If there is any action on privileges and action against you, then we will consider”. Said a bench headed by chief justice S A Bobde and comprising justices.
- The observation was made during the hearing of a plea by Arnab Goswami challenging the notice issued by legislative assembly.
Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC unhappy over pendency of convict’s pardon plea
- A bench comprising Justice Nageswara Rao, Ajay Rastogi and Hemant Gupta questioned additional advocate general.
- Citing the 2014 judgement of Shatrugham Chauhan case, petitions have to be decided in a time-bound manner.
- The matter is posted for further hearing on November 23.
Loan moratorium case: SC adjourns hearing to Nov 5
- Plea seeking an extension of the loan moratorium and waiver of interest on term loans deferred to November 5 by SC.
- The matter was deferred after solicitor general Tushar Mehta sought adjournment citing he had to appear before another bench.
120 whales pulled back to deep waters by Sri Lanka after mass stranding
- 120 pilot whales rescued that were stranded in the worst mass beaching in the nation.
- Navy and volunteers carried out the rescue.
- 2 animals suffering injuries were found dead.
- In South Asian countries, this was largest single pod of stranded whales.
- The reason behind such mass beaching remains unknown.
Covid-19 vaccine dose given to UAE PM
- Sheikh Mohammed received COVID-19 vaccine shot.
- In the recent weeks, other ministers also received the vaccine shots.
- Emergency use of vaccine is authorized in UAE.
- This is done to protect and safeguard public health workers in constant contact with COVID-19 patients.
- The authorization is in accordance with the laws aiming to allow speedy review of licensing procedures.
Ethiopia attack: Dozens killed
- 32 killed by gunmen and several homes set on fire
- OLA (Oromo Liberation Army) was blamed for the attack by local authorities.
- Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed believes the attack to be identity-based.
- Since April when Mr. Abiy took the office, the cases of Ethnic violence have increased.
- More than 150 were killed during Ethnic unrest in June.
Online betting markets see a jump in Trump’s odds of winning the election, Biden still in lead
- Re-election chances of Trump raised to 39% from 31% whereas a dip was observed in Biden’s chance to 61% from 65%
- With 300 million pounds bet till now, the election is on way to be the biggest betting event on record.
Treason case might be filed by Pak govt. against PML-N leader
- The opposition leader, Sardar Ayaz Sadiq passed a controversial remark that Indian Air Force Pilot was released by the country under pressure.
- In furtherance to this, Pakistan government is considering to file Treason case against the opposition leader.
- Sadiq is seen dubbed as traitor in various posters across Lahore.
Malabar 2020: Quad raids the Indian waters
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue is a an inter-governmental security forum initiated by US to control the presence of china in south china sea and the Indian ocean.
- This forum was formed established in 2007 and the members of the quad are America, Australia, Japan and India.
- Recently, quad navies doing joint exercise in bay of Bengal. It is noted that the US initiated this exercise during the US president election.
Democratic unrest in Ivory coast
- Ivory coast is a West African country which is famous for its cultural and ethnic harmony and also for its deeper economy.
- Recently, president Alassane Ouattara was re-elected for the third time which is against the country’s two time presidential limit.
- The president said that after his two term he will give way for the young generation, because of his next successor death, he participated in the election.
- He claims that the constitutional court ruling approved his third term president.
Dosa-Puttu combo going to rule Kiwi pie
- Chennai born Keralite is going to be the first New Zealand’s immigrated minister.
- Priyanca Radhakrishnan, 41 year old the labour party member became minister of New Zealand after the Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern inducted five minster into her executive.
Opposition leader arrested after handing his nomination in Uganda
- Uganda’s opposition leader Bobi wine, a musician turned politician who determined to end the president Yoweri Museveni rule in Uganda was arrested after nomination created chaos.
- It is noted that the president Yoweri Museveni was one of the largest ruling president in Africa.
Horror in Vienna : attacker sympathized with IS
- Interior minister Karl Nehammer reported that five persons were killed. The initial investigations indicated that the suspect who was killed was carrying an assault rifle and a fake suicide vest, was aalso shot and killed by the force.
- The police suspect that it was a Islamic state attack and the minister rejects to tell more about the investigation.
Odisha Tribal man set to return home after spending 20 years in Pakistani jail
- Forty-five-year-old, Birju kulu strayed off the border into Pakistan 20 years ago is all set to return home.
- Superintendent of police mentioned, “kulu was handed over on border on 26th Oct as per the usual practicing of handing over a prisoner who are not involved in criminal activities”.
- Kulu tested positive for covid-19, extra district justice of the peace mentioned.
Modi on Vienna terror attack, “India stands with Austria during this tragic time”
- PM tweeted, “deeply shocked and saddened by the dastardly terror attacks in Vienna”.
- 5 people were killed & 17 others wounded in shooting.
- The suspected attacker shot and killed by police.
- Authorities were in a search of remaining attackers.
Protesting farmers stand in a lake at Nagpur
- Farmers plead to release water from the lake to save their crops.
- They stood in the lake to register their protest.
- The farmers took land for farming in the catchment area of the lake on lease.
- Officials assured the farmers for necessary arrangements.
NDA consolidates 100 seats in Upper House, Congress drops to lowest
- NDA consolidated its position in upper house crossing the 100 mark.
- Congress down 38 seats – its lowest ever tally.
- Samajwadi party lost 3 seats in upper house polls.
Rajasthan first state to obligating masks for public protection
- Ashok Gehlot posted, “the masks are the vaccine to protect against Corona”.
- He also added to proscribe the sale of firecrackers and restrict their used to covid-19 patients.
- “In this challenging Corona pandemic time, protecting lives of people is paramount for government”, Gehlot tweeted.
Madhya Pradesh considers law against ‘love-jihad’, following Uttar Pradesh and Haryana
- During the meeting held at BJP headquarters on Monday, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced that the Madhya Pradesh government would be devising legal arrangements to restraint the practice of ‘Love-Jihad’ in the state.
- The announcement came after the same has been declared by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Haryana Chief Minister M L Khattar, thus making Madhya Pradesh third BJP governed state to declare its aim to make legal arrangements on the said subject.
10 drug peddlers arrested in Bengaluru with 90 lakh worth drugs
- In a special raid conducted by Bengaluru Central Crime Branch (CCB), ten drug peddlers have been arrested which also includes a Nigerian national. They used to supply the drugs in schools, colleges, pubs, bars and rave parties.
- 8 cases have been registered where drugs were brought using bitcoins on the darknet. The police have also seize hold of Rs 90 Lakh worth of high-quality drugs which includes 660 Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), 386 Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) tablets, 12 grams of MDMA crystals and 10 grams of cocaine powder.
Viral video of bjp workers paying voters in Gujarat, enquiry ordered
- A video filmed has been viral where BJP workers are seen paying Rs 100 to the voters before polling and asking them to press ‘Kamal button’ and vote for BJP in Karjan, Gujarat.
- Complaint has made by Congress candidate where Akshay Patel, a BJP candidate is accused for distributing cash in exchange of votes.
- The Election Department has confirmed and acknowledged the complaint and has ensured necessary inquiry in the matter.
Pro-khalistani websites blocked by government of India
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) has ordered to block 12 websites which have been linked to pro-khalistani outfits under section 69A of the IT Act. The blocked websites were believed to be directly operated by outlawed organization Sikhs for Justice (SFJ).
- Some of the banned websites include SFJ4Farmers, pbteam, seva413, pb4u, sadapind and others with “org” extension.
Money trail case bought focus to Kerala cmo
- Kerala-UAE gold smuggling case has led Enforcement Directorate to the door of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan’s office.
- ED has tracked a payoff of Rs 4 crore in the project of CM’s Life Mission which is a housing scheme for flood displaced and landless citizens to his former secretary M Sivasankar.
- Sivasankar is presently being questioned by the ED on the matter of alleged bribes received in a project and the contract being awarded to Kochi-based Unitac builders.
Jeff Bezos Vs Mukesh Ambani: a battle or a waiting game for India’s retail crown
- The Two World’s Biggest Business tycoons i.e. Amazon.com Inc. and Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Ltd.’s fight for dominance of India’s lucrative ecommerce space which is turning into a face-off, each side battling over the assets of a supermarket chain that could be key to their greater ambitions.
- According to experts, Amazon’s legal salvo at Future is indirectly aimed to thwart Reliance’s attempt to establish its leadership position in the Indian Retail Sector. This is seen as a war between world’s richest man Jeff Bezos, having a net worth of $204.6 billion and India’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani having net worth of 88.4 billion net worth.
- This has gained access through the Indian cities and small towns with sales of everything from grocery to fashion and electronics. A report says that a law is now being violated as Amazon, which owns stake in a Future unit, and Reliance have in recent months made pacts with the Future Group.
- A Mumbai based retail advisor told to the Consumer Electronics and Appliances Manufacturing Association that, “Amazon is establishing itself as a reliable online retailer and to take the huge market share will need a huge effort from Reliance, which is not for online retail”.
Reliance chairman falls in the global rich list :
- Mukesh Ambani, the Biggest Business man in the world slipped three places to the ninth rank on the world’s rich list after the share price of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) fell steeply in intraday trade on Monday. According to Forbes Real Times Billionaires List, net worth of chairman of oil-to-telecom behemoth came down at $71.5 billion as RIL stock lost over Rs 1 lakh crore in market capitalization yesterday.
- The company reported a 15 per cent decline in net profit at Rs 9,567 crore in the second quarter of fiscal year 2021. In second quarter of fiscal year 2020, the company had reported a net profit of Rs 11,262 crore. Similarly, the revenue from operations fell 24 per cent to Rs 1,16,195 crore compared to Rs 1,53,384 crore in the corresponding period of last year.
- The revenue was negatively impacted on account of drop in sales due to coronavirus pandemic, RIL had said in the exchange filing.
- Due to the plunge in demands of transportation fuels lately, the large corporation has shifted its focus to technology and digital services company.
- The fall in the earnings backs Mr. Ambani’s strategy and puts limelight in the increasing need for Reliance to reduce its dependence on their main economy share sector.
Consumption of diesel expand rapidly in India:
- The sale of Diesel in India reported the first year-on-year gain since February as it boosted demand for the country’s most-consumed fuel.
- The Festivals of Dussehra and Diwali which had begun in the month of October and its celebrations which will extend for more than a month is seeing an increasing demand and as a result it has become a busy time for diesel-guzzling trucks hitting the roads for the transportation of the festive shopping items.
- The official said, “Liquefied petroleum gas posted a year-on-year gain of 3.7%, but aviation fuel sales volumes were at half of last year’s levels”.
- Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum Corp. and Hindustan Petroleum Corp the three main fuel retailers of India which account for more than 90% of fuel sale in India refused to give their comment on this subject respectively.
Improvement in auto sales as they are in high demand!
- In the month of October 2020 as vehicle manufacturers increased the level of production predict strong sales during the ongoing festive season.
- The Industrial analyst expect that the wholesales will grow year by year in all the segments barring commercial vehicles aided by inventory restocking to meet festive demand.
Share of Godrej properties has fallen after continuous gain:
- The share price of Godrej Properties fell nearly 10% today after the realty firm reported a 77.5% decline in Q2 net profit. Share of Godrej Properties has fallen after 2 days of consecutive gain. Godrej Properties share is trading higher than 5 days, 20 days, 50 days, 100 days and 200 days moving averages consecutively.
- Pirojsha Adi Godrej, the executive chairman of Godrej Properties on the performance told in a report that, “The real estate sector continues to be impacted by the pandemic but we believe this provides Godrej Properties with a tremendous opportunity to drive market share growth in residential real estate” respectively.
Shane Watson retreats his career from all forms of cricket
- The Australian all-rounder on Tuesday announced his retirement from all the forms of cricket
- This closing chapter is going to be hard, but I will try- said Watson through a video
- Watson had also made a huge impact in IPL every season played for teams like CSK, Rajasthan Royals and RCB
- Watson has played 59 tests, 190 ODIs, and 58 T20s at the international level and was a World cup winner in 2015
- It was an emotional retirement for 39-year-old Shane Watson as he was struggling from injuries since long time.
World champion argentine legend Diego Maradona admitted in hospital in Argentina
- With an undisclosed health problem Diego Maradona admitted to hospital on Monday
- Maradona is considered as the greatest footballers of all time being a world champion in 1986
- He was not well psychologically from sometime and will be kept under observation for “at least 3 days”
- Maradona as a person is very good sometimes and sometimes not so good said luque reports
- Luque did not provide specific details but confirmed it wasn’t covid-19.
Not so good news for psg as injured mbappe miss leipzig clash
- Mbappe to miss the next UCL clash against Leipzig due to injury- PSG officials on Tuesday
- Psg might suffer as last min injury of Mbappe against Leipzig as Neymar and Icardi already ruled out
- Mbappe who scored a penalty in their last league win over Nantes before being injured and clutching his right hamstring
- The PSG manager Thomas Tucel brought to the notice of everyone that it’s just a fatigue not a proper long tern injury
- Match against Leipzig will be a rematch of Augusts’ UCL semifinal which was played in Lisbon where PSG won 3-0.
Manchester united legend and wales manager Ryan Giggs arrested for assault
- Ryan Giggs former Manchester United legend and Wales national team manager has been questioned for assaulting his girlfriend Kate Greville
- Police came in at night at 10:05 pm after a disturbance was reported.
- A woman in her 30’s acquired minor injuries but didn’t require any treatment
- Giggs was arrested on suspicion of section 47 assault and section 39 common assault
- Mr. Giggs denies all allegations made against him; he is cooperating with the police and promises to assist them with ongoing investigations.
- The Welsh football association (FAW) is well aware about the incident and denied to make any further comments.
Helmets to be made mandatory for batsman: Sachin Tendulkar
- Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday informed the authorities to make the use of helmet compulsory for batsman at professional level.
- Through a tweet Indian batting legend who rarely played without helmet mentioned an incident from 24th October (IPL).
- Vijay Shankar was hit by a throw while taking a run against KXIP.
- The game has become faster but is it safe? Be it a Spinner or a seamer wearing HELMET should be made mandatory for all the batsman: Tendulkar.
- He even tagged Ravi shastri in another tweet and reminded him of an incident where shastri was hit by Gavaskar in an exhibition game.
Delhi’s weather is still under very poor AQI.
- AQI of Delhi is 384.
- The reasons behind this is still the share of pollutants from burning in the neighbouring states, traffic pollution and also due to the dip in the temperature.
- Search engine under development by Apple.
- Apple is developing its own search engine to compete with Google.
In Apple’s iOS 14 operating system, may search engine develop by apple will begun according to a financial times report.
Coronary COVID-19 medicine trial is stopped.
- Coronary medicine trail is stopped on the serious COVID-19 patients as per the advice by independent experts.
- But still drug will be used to recover less ill patients.
COVID-19 update in India.
- 8,196,332 total cases in India.
- 7,500,694 total recovered.
- 122,424 total deaths.
- 573,214 active cases.
- 8,944 critical cases.