Prolawctor Daily Current Affairs Insights
Contents of Article
Government to Response to the plea of Jamiat Ulema-I-Hind
- Supreme Court issued notice to the Central Govt. to respond on the Petition filed in order to remove Government control over the appointment of the Chairman and Members of the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions.
- The Petition has been filed by Jamiat Ulema-I-Hind through Advocate Wajeeh Shafiq.
PIL has been filed to Delete Amitabh Bachchan Covid Message from the Ringtone
- The petition says that the several Corona Warriors are helping without any Money in Return whereas the Government is paying fees to Bachchan for the same, hence he is not suitable for such services.
- The petition is filed in the Delhi High Court By Rakesh, a Delhi based Social Worker.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo receives a Legal Notice from Abhishek Banerjee
- The Legal Notice is send by Abhishek Banerjee who is Nephew of Mamta Banerjee to the State Environment, Forest and Climate Change Union Minsiter.
- A Defamation Case has been alleged by him after they both got into a heated argument.
Watchmen in Hyderabad gets punishment of 20 Years in Jail
- 30 year old watchman got the punishment of 20 years of Rigorous Imprisonment after found guilty of Sexually Assault.
- He worked at a Hyderabad School where he was guilty of sexually assaulting a Student.
No Proof on Illicit relation, declares the UP Police in Love Jihad Case
- The UP Police gave an affidavit to Allahabad HC stating that UP Prohibition of unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance 2020 is not needed to cite against the accused Nadeem.
- The police says that according to their Investigation they weren’t able to find any evidence against the accused having a relationship nor that he tried to change her religion.
PM inaugurates 306-km Rewari-Madar section of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor
- PM Narendra Modi on Thursday inaugurated the 306-km long New Rewari-Madar section of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- This section of the freight corridor is situated in Haryana and Rajasthan.
- PM Modi also flagged off the world’s first Double Stack Long Haul 1.5-km long container train hauled by electric traction from Haryana’s Ateli to Rajasthan’s Kishanghar through video conference.
Farmers postpone tractor rally around Delhi to Thursday due to bad weather
- Protesting farmers unions have decided to postpone their tractor rally on the outskirts of Delhi to Thursday.
- The rally was initially scheduled to be held on Wednesday but has been deffered due to poor weather forecast.
- We will take out tractor march at four borders of Delhi including Eastern and Western peripheral,” Swaraj India cheif Yogendra Yadav said.
Centre asks TN to revoke order allowing 100% occupancy in theatres
- The Centre has asked Tamid Nadu to revoke the state government’s order allowing 100% occupancy in theatres.
- The Centre told Tamil Nadu that the order allowing 100% occupancy is in dilution of MHA’s order allowing only 50% seating in theatres.
- The Tamil Nadu government had on Monday allowed theatres in the state to open with 100% capacity.
MCD employees go on indefinite strike over non-payment of salaries
- Several employees of three municipal Corporation of Delhi began an indefinite strike from Thursday against non-payment of pending salaries and pensions.
- Employees in the North MCD haven’t been paid salaries for the last four or fove months while those in the East MCD haven’t been paid for the last three months, AP Khan, Convenor, Confederation of MCD Employees Union, said.
India reports 20,346 new COVID-19 cases, total recoveries cross 1 crore
- India has reported 20,346 new COVID-19 cases and 222 more deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the Union Health Ministry.
- The total number of coronavirus cases in the country reached 1,03,95,278, while the death toll reached 1,50,336.
- As many as 19,587 people recovered in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of recovered cases to 1,00,16,859.
Railways decision to increase train speed inside range flagged by Rajaji Tiger Reserve
- The Railway was addressed through a letter by the administration of the Rajaji Tiger Reserve in Uttarkhand urging reconsideration of its decision to increase train speed from 35 kmph to 100 kmph.
- This was requested to avoid wildlife casualties as there were several incidents reported in the past.
SC cites Tabhlighi event while question the Centre on the protection for farmers against Covid
- The SC asked the Centre whether necessary protection was provided to the thousands of farmers camping in and around Delhi in protest against the three farm laws.
- The PIL alleged negligence on part of the Delhi Government during the gathering of Tabhligi Jamaat where several were affected.
Facilities for country wide Covid-19 vaccination drive to be provided by IAF, commercial airlines
- IAF and commercial airliners, in support of Covid-19 vaccination drive, would be used extensively to deliver the two vaccines across the country.
- the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) announced “restricted emergency use” for Bharat Biotech’s COVAXIN and Serum Institute of India’s Covishield, which has been developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University.
8 hydropower projects on Indus in Ladakh cleared by Government
- Eight hydropower projects of 144 MW on the Indus river and its tributaries in Ladakh have been cleared by the Government.
- The official stated that new projects have been cleared by Central Water Commission and Indus Commissioner after a separate Union Territory of Ladakh was announced.
BJP nation chief JP Nadda to launch new campaign on visit to poll-bound Bengal
- BJP president JP Nadda will be in West Bengal on Saturday, leading the party’s door-to-door canvassing.
- He would also launch a new campaign ‘Ek Muthi Chawal’ (fistful of rice grains) to dispel the opposition’s charge that the BJP government at the Centre is anti-farmer.
4,000 small UK finance firms got threatened by Pandemic pressure
- England’s market watchdog warned around 4,000 small monetary firms are at greater risk of failure from the Covid-19 as the nation perseveres through a third lockdown.
- The Financial Conduct Authority said that the pandemic is pushing the firms to the verge by exhausting their liquidity.
- The FCA’s survey doesn’t cover the 1,500 biggest monetary firms, which are regulated by the Bank of England’s Prudential Regulation Authority.
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris victory in US elections certified by US Congress
- Congress has officially approved Joe Biden’s presidential election victory on a day that saw a revered service become a nightmare of unprecedented political terror.
- Thirteen Republican senators and many GOP representatives had planned to drive debate and votes on perhaps six different states’ votes.
- Biden defeated Trump by 306-232 electoral votes and will be inaugurated on January 20.
With few cops, Capitol Police fail to hold back the pro-Trump mob
- The US Capitol Police power was caught unprepared by a crowd of pro-Trump extremists, in an inability to protect the seat of American democracy unrivaled in modern times.
- Rioters, many bearing Trump grab, penetrated the barricades set up by an understaffed police force and amassed the Capitol, disrupting the certification of President-Elect Joe Biden’s election.
- One woman was shot and killed by a Capitol Police officer.
Iraq court issues arrest warrant against Donald Trump in Soleimani death
- An arrest warrant was issued on Thursday for outgoing President Donald Trump regarding the killing of an Iranian general and a powerful Iraqi militia leader a year ago.
- The warrant was issued by a judge in Baghdad’s investigative court entrusted with testing the Washington-directed drone strike that killed the General.
The second-warmest year on record cost the world $210 billion
- The second-warmest year on record brought storms, fires, and floods that killed at least 8,200 individuals and cost the world $210 billion in misfortunes.
- The insurer is as yet calculating where 2020 positions against other calamitous years but said damages last year surpassed those of 2019, which saw $166 billion in losses.
- Six of the most costly disasters occurred in the US, incorporating a dangerous derecho in the Midwest.
Rupee Declines 20 Paise To Settle At 73.31 Against Dollar
- At the interbank foreign exchange market, the local unit opened flat at 73.10 against the dollar and registered an intra-day high of 73.08
Infosys and wipro COOs to retire this year
- Infosys and Wipro’s chief operating officers (COOs) U.B Pravin Rao and B.M Bhanumurthy will both coincidentally, retire this year.
- Bhanumurthy will retire in June quarter with an experience over 35 years and Rao in December spending 29 years in the organisation.
- It’s not clear whether the COO roles will continue after Rao and Bhanumurthy retire, and, if they do, what would be the essence of those roles.
China raises India’s FDI checks at WTO
- China on Wednesday expressed its “deep concern” over the recent foreign direct investment (FDI) policy changes initiated by the government, alleging that it curbs takeovers and acquisitions of Indian companies.
- In April, India had decided to review every FDI proposal from a neighbouring country, a move that was targeted at Chinese investment in India.
Ramky sets up South India’s largest plastics recycling unit
- Environment management services provider Ramky Enviro Engineers Limited (REEL) on Wednesday unveiled south India’s largest plastic recycling facility at the JNPharma City at Paravada of Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Ramky Reclamation & Recycling Ltd CEO Satish Cheeti said that as per estimates India generates 9.46 million tonnes of plastic waste annually, of which 40% remains untreated.
- The launch of this recycling facility in Pharma city, will be able to pre-process and up cycle industrial plastic as domestic post-consumer plastic waste into high quality recycled plastic that can be used for manufacturing plastic products and packaging.
Jewellery business return onto the growth track at Titan
- Titan’s jewellery business has crossed over from the recovery phase to the growth on the back of a strong festive season.
- Jewellery recorded 15% growth during the festive season and sustained during the third quarter with improvement in walk-ins and pick-up of sale in metros.
- Apart from jewellery, the watches division had a recovery rate of 88% and the eyewear business is at 92% recovery rate.
Australia vs India, Third Test, Day 1: Will Pucovski, Marnus Labuschagne Hit Fifties, Steve Smith Finds Form As Australia 166/2/2 Finish
- On the opening day of the third Test in Sydney, Australia achieved 166 for 2. Unbeated Marnus Labuschagne
- Labuschagne was unbeaten at Stumps on 67 and Smith seemed out of the woods despite his unusual string of low scores so far.
- Smith’s first confident shot came against Jasprit Bumrah, India’s pace spearhead. After removing Pucovski in his first Test wicket, his optimism increased.
La Liga: Lionel Messi Double Gives Renewed Hope to Barcelona in La Liga Championship Chase Title:
- Lionel Messi scored twice as Barcelona defeated Athletic Bilbao 3-2 on Wednesday.
- Inaki Williams, Pedri and Iker Muniain are trying to seal victory for the
- But in between, Koeman’s team was able to dictate the match and prove why they are still a force to be reckoned with in the future.
Australian Open Warm-Up Competitions Serena Williams, Ashleigh Barty To Spotlight
- In 2021, the top 32 rankings for women will be split evenly between two simultaneous events. The Australian Open has been transferred back to
- Barty will return to action from January 31 to February 6 at the Australian Open. She’s going to play in the Gippsland Trophy and the Yar Yar Trophy.
In Dakar Rally, In Medically Induced, Indian Motorcycle Rider CS Santosh Suffers Crash
- CS Santosh is in a medically induced coma following a crash during the Dakar Rally. Santosh, 37,
- Santosh was conscious when paramedics arrived at the scene. He has a potential
In Japan, Spreading Virus removes Olympic torches from the show
- Japan is halting a public display of the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic torches as new virus.
- previous day of 850 cases, just over 50 percent. The rapid spread of the virus jeopardizes the delayed plans.
DEFENCE, MED,TECH, SCIENCE
Twitter and Facebook block Trump
- Donald Trump suspended from Twitter and Facebook for tweeting in support of people who attacked the US Capitol.
- His supporters forced their way into Capitol and clashed with police, caused death of one woman.
Cyber attack: Hackers share Hackney Council’s ‘stolen documents’
- Cyber-criminal group, shared documents stolen from Hackney Council in an attack.
- Publication of the personal details of council staff follows a serious cyber-attack on the council.
India to ink 2 major military aircraft deals in coming months
- Two crucial pending military aircraft deals, worth over Rs 50,000 crore.
- Contracts for 83 indigenous Tejas fighters and 56 medium-transport aircraft are set to be done in coming months.
130 Al Qaeda fighters from India, Bangladesh gear up for attacks
- Indian intelligence report alerted the security about Al Qaeda fighters from India and Bangladesh ready to carry out strikes.
- Report said 130 Al Qaeda leaders could carry out attacks along with the other networks.
Intel RealSense ID Facial Recognition System Launched, Used With ATMs and Smart Locks
- System works with smart locks, ATMs, gate access control,https://nhrc.nic.in/training-programmes/short-term-internship-programme and more.
- Intel RealSense available at the end of Q1 2021 in India.